Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: High Beam Assist retrofit on Golf 7

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by darkchina811 View Post
    I connected ODIS (offline) and saw nothing helpful in the coding. So I tried "reset of all adaptations" and now the module says it is not parameterized.
    That one is positively evil. We had a few people do that with VCDS and decided to put a warning in. Something tells me that ODIS doesn't include such a warning?

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ODIS online cannot parameterise a module that doesn't belong to that car. You'll need VCP to do it or a donor car with that module and ODIS online.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    definitely not such warning. ODIS must be assuming that I am working on a car that has the module officially, he can always re-parameterize.

I don't have a nearby VCP anywhere.
    Last edited by darkchina811; 12-26-2018 at 04:36 AM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    it was fixed this morning by official ODIS with VAG access.

5. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am really losing my s*** with that annoying camera. this morning we fully coded, adapted and calibrated it with ODIS. tonight I went for a drive test. long story short, very little changed, if nothing.

1) the assistant PERFECTLY sees and PROMPTLY responds to road illumination.
    2) the assistant DECENTLY sees and DECENTLY responds to tail lights from cars in front of me, going in the same direction.
    3) the assistant APPEARS TO BE BLIND to front beams from cars approaching me from the other direction. particularly, it wants to switch off high beams way too late, when the car approaching me is too close, and the driver already started flashing seconds ago because I am blinding him.

I am now giving up, the thing is disabled. since it behaves really good with road illumination, I somehow have the feeling that the camera is maybe aimed too high. if only there was an adjustment. I can't help but being perplexed, and PISSED.