Converting uk '06 1T Touran from RHD to LHD and using in Germany....

olly183

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=211140 (NRRT)
Hello,

I've been a VCDS user for several years now, But purely to help diagnose and service my own cars... Anyway just moved to Germany with a '06 1T Touran 1.9Tdi...
So far I've established I need new headlight assemblies which I've ordered but very little info around about rear lights... Looking at the rear light assemblies Left and right look identical and appear to support reversing and Rear fog lights on both sides.. But the standard RHD setup only illuminates the right hand rear fog lamp. I believe for the German MOT (TUV) I need a fog lamp on the left side. (not sure what the requirement is with reversing lights..?)

So I've discovered the option in Coding of the .."Cen. Elect" Module for triggering the rear fog lamps on both sides... (again not sure yet if this would be acceptable for the German MOT (TUV)..?)
But..

Does anyone have any idea where the option would be for just illuminating the Left hand Rear Fog lamp..? or what process I need to go through to get just the LH Rear Fog lamp to illuminate? Is there a more general option to define Left or Right hand drive..?

Regards

Oliver

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
From a purely pragmatical standpoint, would it be much simpler to have sold the RHD car in the UK and bought a LHD one in Germany? Its not like there isn't an abundance of 1T Tourans in Germany :) I've seen resettlers in my native country with RHD cars and overtaking maneuvers in our LHD traffic were...complicated.

Reactions: Uwe
Back