Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219862
advance measuring feature on iOS opens to blank page

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Can you post a screenshot or describe in more detail what you are seeing? Is it a networking error type page, or is it the proper measuring value page just with no data populated? What measuring value are you trying to view, and what controller/car? Have you tried with a different browser or with a different controller? Is this with all measuring values or only a specific one?

eurovan

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219862
Can you post a screenshot or describe in more detail what you are seeing? Is it a networking error type page, or is it the proper measuring value page just with no data populated? What measuring value are you trying to view, and what controller/car? Have you tried with a different browser or with a different controller? Is this with all measuring values or only a specific one?

Well after hitting "Submit" button it opens blank page, no read-outs whatsoever. It does on iPhone, iPad and laptop as well. First I thought it was Safari issue but there is no way to select different browser, is it? another issue I am having is that often cloud feature will request login, but after entering details comes with "Login Failed" only after multiple attempts it lets me in.

Thanks for response

eurovan

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219862
Sorry wanted to include this but forgot
CodeBlock: V0.4436
FW version: o.254
Dataset: 60000055

Also updates attempt through the JAVA Utility never works, always ends with error.. so it takes a lot of patience and time to complete it

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
The java utility is old and deprecated, you should be using VCDS-Mobile or VCIConfig on a pc for updates.

there is no way to select different browser, is it?
You can open VCDS-Mobile in any browser by intering the interface's IP address in the address bar. You can find the IP address through the app or from VCIConfig. In AP mode it is always 192.168.0.1

Can you describe what measuring values you are trying to view, and on what controller? Can you post an autoscan, so we can see what you are trying to talk to?

eurovan

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219862
I did try Chrome on my laptop but no change, same thing happens
controller is 01-Engine I will attach autoscan too, just go select loc 1-1,..,1-4 and opens just a blank page, Safari or Chrome same thing
Eurovan is 2002 model gls not camper vr6 axk engine, it should be 7D but if autoscan as 7D no VIN# get captured, but if 7O used then it does captures it.
Tried workaround adv. meas. with HUD feature, but there seems to be another bug, you have to exit the controller and enter again for changes to take effect, otherwise if HUD settings edited still displays values from initial set

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Ok we have a Eurovan here, when someone with an IOS phone is back in to work tomorrow I will see if we can reproduce this. What IOS phone/version are you seeing this with?

Reactions: Uwe

eurovan

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219862
Thanks!
iPhone 6S 12.0.1
but the same happens on MacBook Pro with macOS High Sierra v. 10.13.6 running Safari v.12.0 or Chrome v.69.0.3497.100

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
We just tested this with our eurovan and an iPhone 6s and it appears to be working correctly, see screenshot below.

Can you confirm the process you are using, just Select->01->functions->Advanced Measuring Values->select the first 4->submit?

Are you doing anything else first? Is your interface in ap mode or infrastructure?
Can you please post a screenshot of exactly what you are seeing?

This is ours:
cwwieRx.png

eurovan

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219862
yeah the same selection steps as yours, but I get blank page
interface in infrastructure mode, and screenshot would be a blank page (easy to visualize without screenshot), I do exactly as you "Select->01->functions->Advanced Measuring Values->select the first 4->submit" but it opens in blank page

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
You still haven't explained exactly what you mean by "blank page", there are a number of things that could be. Is your phone screen completely white? Is it pale blue? Do you still see the IOS notification bar and buttons? Do you see a network error? Do you see the measuring value page, with turbo and go back buttons, but the data part is blank? Do you see a go back button of any kind?

eurovan

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219862
just blank browser page wit hex-net ip # in the header that's all, I can email you video or screen shot if you like

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Yes please do.

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Thanks for the email. Lets try to eliminate some things this could be. I put your interface onto the beta update channel, you should have two updates available now, a new codeblock and a new dataset. Please check for updates in VCDS-Mobile and download those two updates, and then see if you are still having the issue.

If it's still there, please describe the state of the leds on the interface at the moment the blank page first comes up.

Last edited:

eurovan

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=219862
I did the updates you provided, then run a test but the same thing had happened again. I've emailed you new video with controller lights in view. Hope it helps you to narrow the issue.
Thanks

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Thanks for the additional info. You should have a reply to that email from the main Support address.

Edit: Internal ref to pre-programmed Micro SD Card order O?ID=393101

Last edited:
Back