Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Blank page

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Blank page

advance measuring feature on iOS opens to blank page

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can you post a screenshot or describe in more detail what you are seeing? Is it a networking error type page, or is it the proper measuring value page just with no data populated? What measuring value are you trying to view, and what controller/car? Have you tried with a different browser or with a different controller? Is this with all measuring values or only a specific one?

3. Likes Uwe, PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaun View Post
    Can you post a screenshot or describe in more detail what you are seeing? Is it a networking error type page, or is it the proper measuring value page just with no data populated? What measuring value are you trying to view, and what controller/car? Have you tried with a different browser or with a different controller? Is this with all measuring values or only a specific one?
    Well after hitting "Submit" button it opens blank page, no read-outs whatsoever. It does on iPhone, iPad and laptop as well. First I thought it was Safari issue but there is no way to select different browser, is it? another issue I am having is that often cloud feature will request login, but after entering details comes with "Login Failed" only after multiple attempts it lets me in.

Thanks for response

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry wanted to include this but forgot
    CodeBlock: V0.4436
    FW version: o.254
    Dataset: 60000055

Also updates attempt through the JAVA Utility never works, always ends with error.. so it takes a lot of patience and time to complete it

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    The java utility is old and deprecated, you should be using VCDS-Mobile or VCIConfig on a pc for updates.

there is no way to select different browser, is it?
    You can open VCDS-Mobile in any browser by intering the interface's IP address in the address bar. You can find the IP address through the app or from VCIConfig. In AP mode it is always 192.168.0.1

Can you describe what measuring values you are trying to view, and on what controller? Can you post an autoscan, so we can see what you are trying to talk to?

7. Likes Uwe, PetrolDave liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did try Chrome on my laptop but no change, same thing happens
    controller is 01-Engine I will attach autoscan too, just go select loc 1-1,..,1-4 and opens just a blank page, Safari or Chrome same thing
    Eurovan is 2002 model gls not camper vr6 axk engine, it should be 7D but if autoscan as 7D no VIN# get captured, but if 7O used then it does captures it.
    Tried workaround adv. meas. with HUD feature, but there seems to be another bug, you have to exit the controller and enter again for changes to take effect, otherwise if HUD settings edited still displays values from initial set

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok we have a Eurovan here, when someone with an IOS phone is back in to work tomorrow I will see if we can reproduce this. What IOS phone/version are you seeing this with?

10. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks!
    iPhone 6S 12.0.1
    but the same happens on MacBook Pro with macOS High Sierra v. 10.13.6 running Safari v.12.0 or Chrome v.69.0.3497.100

Ross-Tech Employee
    Post Thanks / Like
    We just tested this with our eurovan and an iPhone 6s and it appears to be working correctly, see screenshot below.

Can you confirm the process you are using, just Select->01->functions->Advanced Measuring Values->select the first 4->submit?

Are you doing anything else first? Is your interface in ap mode or infrastructure?
    Can you please post a screenshot of exactly what you are seeing?

This is ours:

13. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah the same selection steps as yours, but I get blank page
    interface in infrastructure mode, and screenshot would be a blank page (easy to visualize without screenshot), I do exactly as you "Select->01->functions->Advanced Measuring Values->select the first 4->submit" but it opens in blank page