Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New user in need of assistance - VW Tiguan 5N 1.4 tsi 4wd manual transmission

Post Thanks / Like
    The offroad button is factory installed and the system IS working automatically you have indication on dash and works great, but cannot activate or disactivate with button. turns automatically on over steep hills which is great giving you control going down or up, but sometimes activates on flat road!! and cannot stop it unless I accelerate over 20kms . No retrofit . Makes no sense.. I believe the button should work since fitted?
    Forgot to mention that tried coding +512 or 1024 on abs to no luck the 512 turned off abs and esp and the 1024 did none..
    Now over the Bluetooth module 9w2 is recently added and the RNS510 is been replaced the old to newer one same model just upgraded firmware AND maps V15. The car didn't had phone fitted before and I added the module. Wiring I follow the RNS instructions of wiring.
    Once again thank you volumes for all your assistance I hope a rosstech guy might jump into quote and pass some more info-directions. once again really appreciated you help

Post Thanks / Like
    Apparently I'm left alone into that ..anyhow I have to add the following as feedback in order to be punctual to this thread for people might advice this issues.

When I removed from CAN BUs gate controller 9 installation list , the advised modules shown as 'cannot be reached 1100' from my attached autoscan and funny things started to happen.

Removing sliding door modules ( since no sliding doors installed) The rear,behind the driver, door was refusing to lock when I was using either the central locking from key remote button , but also from drivers locking button. The door was only locking manually from the key hole on the side of the door under the rubber blank provided for manual locking.

Windows started to have mind of their own on when to open or close and sometimes using the remote locking was making the windows going down to 1/4 open...
    Reinstalled the sliding door module even if cannot be reached 1100 not visible to system , brought all back to normal?! strange but anyway all is working fine now.

Removing the diff lock module that was shown as cannot be reached 1100 or not able to connect , made the automatic activation of Offroad aids system non functional.
    I know because were I live there is a slope hill I need to drive every day and those aids were coming active all times, not after I un installed module and few days after I re activated diflock module and all worked fine?!

Still not a winner for telephone Bluetooth-RNS510-MFDW module activation or connection, maybe canbus or wiring harness incompatible? not sure I will get at it and find solution.

Also Not winning over Offroad manual button activation of offroad aids, but since they activate automatically I am ok , but is annoying sometimes they activate when not in need and also annoying having a button installed that doesn't work.. I will also try to find solution and post. Retrofit of offroad button threads got me to no solution. tried coding etc.. to no luck . I still got a dead button but automatic activated offroad aids...

Once again I want to thank members helped into my thread and request for assistance and I greatly appreciate efforts.
    Extremely poor rosstech support that only posted likes over member comments, and no other advice as support team offered into product benefits.
    Great product VCDS and HEX CAN No doubt under development and with minimum 5N Tiguan 1.4TSi petrol database, could take advantage of contribution from an owner of such vehicle supporting him technically.

I will stay and update as for the progress of issues. Once again thank you all contributing.
    Sometimes staying with errors on your canbus , and not trying to eliminate, maybe isn't a bad thing, and error message can be just VCDS insufficient data into communicating with certain modules? Not sure worked for me though. Invisible or cannot be reached 1100 modules refer to actual controls for a strange reason.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve never see anything like what you have in your car. Either your can gateway module is busted or someone has totally messed your car electronics.
    There should not be any modules like what you have on the installation list. So something seriously wrong.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only thing I can say since I bought this car second hand is that all function in a strange way, and not sure how to make right as by the book sort off.
    Extra but ordered by the guy when he bought the car is upgraded ecu so the engine delivers 200Hp, overdrive 6th gear so you can drive from 60-230km with 6 gear. And turbocharger that engages on demand of throttle and not by Rpm range I think from mtm.
    Anyhow I agree with you that something ain't right and seems started from 2013/2 as from registered values going wrong from that date.

Post Thanks / Like
    I thought I replied to this a while ago .. but the forum found a saved draft and restored some of it for me. Sorry about that.

1) This isn't normal:
    Address 62: Door, Rear Left
    Cannot be reached

This Tiguan should have 4 diagnostic capable door modules (42, 52, 62 and 72). That could be as simple as a fuse but it may be necessary to dig into that door to see if any parts or wiring were replaced/repaired.

2) You don't have a 77-Telephone module communicating in the scan to confirm part numbers and coding of it. If that was a VW part number unit (rather than aftermarket) it would be worth checking the wiring to it.

9W2 Bluetooth doesn't support PTT but the steering wheel button should answer incoming calls based on your current 16 coding. The only other option would be 0000132 but that may make the button inoperative entirely.

Address 16: Steering wheel Labels: 1K0-953-549-MY9.lbl
    Part No SW: 1K0 953 549 CK HW: 1K0 953 549 CK
    Component: J0527 056 0111
    Coding: 0000332

0xxx?xx: Multi-Function Steering Wheel (1-4 = LIN 1.3 / 5-8 = LIN 2.0)
    1 OR 5 = Multi-Function Steering Wheel w/o Tiptronic and w/o Push-To-Talk (PTT) installed
    3 OR 7 = Multi-Function Steering Wheel w/o Tiptronic and with Push-To-Talk (PTT) installed

3) I would try coding 56 to: 0400044204000082000C

You can always change it back to the last value but the Shortpress Steering Wheel Buttons installed position doesn't appear to be correct so I would leave that un-ticked. Either way, make sure to reboot the RNS after each coding change.

4) I'll report back if I spot anything related to the ABS/Offroad concern.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you volumes dana,

I suspect that something is going wrong with the Can bus gate.
    I get a part number 1K0907530AF which looks like its for golf . The Tiguan 5n uses the 1K0907530L
    diagnostic says hardware and software version 7F2211 installed exists isn't compatible to car as per diagnostic results showed.
    As I say I am second owner the first gave me no info and digging I find gems and that in 2012 Feb someone programed the ECU to 200Hp and messed with the system.
    ( this is why I suspect can bus issue, mabe the guy fried it and change it)
    Now I reprogrammed from VW dealer the car back to 155Hp and updated, but still got issue with offroad assist aids and I try to figure whats wrong to minimum assistance since here were I live there is poor knowledge and no dealer . So either diY or need to drive to Athens to VW dealers and hopefully solve. But you know I rather be there clued about than go like a dummy and sale me new set of cars all ecteronic and all sensors until they get it right.
    I am a marine engineer and mostly I deal with diesel engines , but again with ECU and diagnostics so I am aware f systems etc. but as everyone we cannot be engineers for everything and I admit I have minimum experience with cars , since always a classic bike rider and only last 10 years car driver.
    I am strongly convinced that there is something wrong with can bus gate and either not programmed right or installed after and incompatible with the car.
    thank once again for you kind assistance into this field of offroad aids that seems to be few knowledge from the community about.
    Highly appreciated.
    regards

7. Likes Dana liked this post