VW EOS bi-xenon retrofit

A4NOY

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=263473
Im perhaps wrong but when you look at production dates of D modules the latest I can find is 2010 and the earliest F is 2011 ... I'm possibly looking down the wrong road but I seem to be getting now where ... had the car apart again today just to check the wiring for the millionth time and it all pins out correct .. I can connect to the 55 MODULE so can-bus must be the correct way round... the 55 MODULE finds the two slaves so that can-bus is correct both headlights have live at pin 4 plus 2 earths at pins 5 & 7... the headlights work correctly low/high beam via shutter. DRL's all work

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Just to make sure, can you list the pins you have connected and to what. I just want to make sure everything is correctly pinned.

The D and F modules are completely different. The F already uses long coding. Also it is not certain that your afs modules are supported by the F version. I would trust ETKA here. It usually is correct :)

A4NOY

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=263473
"D" 55 Module wiring
Pin
2= 16 can-bus
3= 6 can-bus

4= 1 at headlight 14 connector both sides
5= 2 at headlight 14 connector both sides

7= 4 at level sensor
10= 2 at level sensor
11= 1 at level sensor

23= fuse 1 ign live
24= earth at A pillar

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
What about the headlight 14pin connector. The range control module I don’t think is the issue here. Headlight connector is the ”evil” one :)

langers2k

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=224085
That wiring matches what I'd expect and the D rev looks to be correct in etka.

I googled for autoscans matching that combination of AFS modules, most (all?) masters seem to running SW:0149 whereas this has SW:0144.

All the ones I found running SW:0144 had different AFS slaves and I don't believe were fitted in an Eos.

A4NOY

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=263473
I can't find a used one for sale ... anybody know where i can get one or do i need to buy new...

langers2k

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=224085
Yeah, I'd checked eBay quickly and all seem to be SW:0144.

I can't see an obvious update in the VW flash data. Other tools like VCP might be able to update it but I'm not sure :/

A4NOY

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=263473
There is one in Poland on a site thats like ebay so I've emailed them..

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hi guys,

This is my first day back after a 5 day break. I have some catching up to do but 5M0 907 357 D accepted Coding: 8388607 (RHD coding) in conjunction with those 8U0 941 329 slaves in this thread: https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?13224-Vw-Eos-AFS-Coding

Posts 1-9 summarize the successful coding without using a newer UDS protocol 55 module. I don't know if 5M0 907 357 C will accept that but I'd give 8388607 a shot if that wasn't tested yet.

-Dana

Reactions: Uwe

A4NOY

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=263473
Hi, the only thing that seems to stand out thats successful is the use of software 0149 which seems to be the hardest modules to find... I have tried "C""D""F" modules with every code available of which some codes get accepted but still not able to calibrate ... so I have located a module in Poland which is 0149 but it will take 2 weeks to arrive .. I have eventually got around to sorting other fault codes and building the car backup ready for the new module.... I can't thank you all enough for all your help and I might still need some when the module arrives ... thanks again...

A4NOY

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=263473
Hi all , the module 5M0 907 357 D =S 0149 did the trick I've coded it to1770963 as you good people said .... all works perfect .... great work you lot and I can't thank you enough for all your help.. no do doubt there will be something else soon .. I would really like to know how you find these sort of things out as I like to fit as many options as possible .... turning on beam assist might be my next project.. thanks again

langers2k

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=224085
Excellent! Glad to hear that worked :)

At least in this case, the software version suggest came down to googling for similar cars and comparing their autoscan to yours. Can you post an autoscan in it's working state as it may help others.

High beam assist should be easy enough, which camera are you going to fit?

A4NOY

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=263473
I have 2 cameras ... one is a 3AA 980 654 D which was from a passat CC and I have had this fully working in two eps's I've owned but we have problems already with communication .. I connected this to 7 & 17 can extension and has always worked sign assist and lane assist .. sign assist works but no sign assist BUT the new eos 's 2013 has a RNS315 not a RNS510... the other camera is from a 2014 golf 6/7 which is the smaller camera (not the small one in the mirror) I just need to look into the can wiring etc .. I will do a scan tomorrow ... Ive turned on beam assist in the camera and BCM but it doesn't show the icon in the display..... I might copy and paste this as a new thread for the camera...

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Is the smaller camera 5Q0 or 3Q0? If yes, it's MQB platform so most likely that you won't get that to work as it would require other MQB bits and pieces as well.

3AA camera should work but sign assist will be difficult, some say it works, some haven't gotten it to work. What I've read about this it seems it's a software match or mismatch. So with some camera + RNS510 SW combos it works but some don't.
Also high beam assist no. I heard there's a separate module for the 3AA camera that allows LA/FLA (light assist / fernlichtassistent) functionality.

worldonfire

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=297208
Is the smaller camera 5Q0 or 3Q0? If yes, it's MQB platform so most likely that you won't get that to work as it would require other MQB bits and pieces as well.

3AA camera should work but sign assist will be difficult, some say it works, some haven't gotten it to work. What I've read about this it seems it's a software match or mismatch. So with some camera + RNS510 SW combos it works but some don't.
Also high beam assist no. I heard there's a separate module for the 3AA camera that allows LA/FLA (light assist / fernlichtassistent) functionality.

3AA 980 654 D camera supports light assist, if car other modules support it (for example BCM).
Sign assist works in west europe. In east europe countries, it does not work when there is east europe navigation data installed into RNS (it kind of works with west europe navigation data in east europe - it reads only visible speed signs).

Also 3Q0 980 654 camera works. I have this camera in my B7 passat and Sign assist/Lane assist and DLA/HBA works. But as this camera is smaller, adapters are used (with adapters, they can be fitted to original 3AA camera holder with little bit modification). With 3Q0 980 654 Sign assist works, but not 100% if you have RNS315/RNS510 installed (reads only speed signs), as this camera cannot get navigation information from these headunits. If you want 100% sign assist working, then you need discovery media (then you have full navigation support to sign assist and it can get speed info from map if no visible signs present)

3Q0 980 653 cameras should work only with MQB.
5q0 cameras are very different shape and i think it's impossible to fit this camera.

(sorri if I missed some information... did not have time to go through all the thread :) )

A4NOY

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=263473
Lane assist works fine with the 3AA camera ... I have had the symbol for beam assist on the dash then I turned it off while trying to sort the AFS module and now thats sorted I can't get it back on...

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Ah yes sorry. Somehow I mixed that this car has the older CECM+separate CCM module. But it’s so new that it already has the combined BCM.

langers2k

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=224085
Pretty sure you'll need to recode the BCM to get HBA assist working again. You might need to change the entire code to 00's then put your original code back with the HBA change applied.

No idea if the RNS-315 will support sign assist integration or not.

A4NOY

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=263473
I will give that ago ..... thanks

Back