VCDS for BMW?

salauns

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=247843
Hi, I currently own your probe plugged into a laptop. I use it primary on a TDI. The menu is well designed, making it easy to use. Definitively the best I have used so far.
Which bring me to ask a question:
I also have some diagnostic tools to run on BMW, however , it is not very user friendly, run in virtual mode and requires a college degree to run.
Any way you would consider developing your VCDS program or a similar setup to work on BWM? Your current VW VCDS setup is priced right and I would certainly invest on a same setup designed to run on Bimmers?
Possible or far fetched?

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Any way you would consider developing your VCDS program or a similar setup to work on BWM? Your current VW VCDS setup is priced right and I would certainly invest on a same setup designed to run on Bimmers?
Ross-Tech actually worked on developing a tool "BIM-COM" for a hot minute, like ten years ago, as a complement to VCDS which was called "VAG-COM" at the time (and I continue to be astonished on a daily basis at how the name VAG-COM refuses to die). I don't think it ever made it to market. I could swear I saw a screenshot back in the day, but I can't find it now.

Short version: Uwe decided to stick with doing one thing and doing it well. More info, Uwe's reply to a similar BMW question, and alternative tool suggestions here: https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?3646-VCDS-Equivalent-for-BMW

Reactions: Uwe
Back