Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 VW Amarok 2.0 TDI "unsupported vehicle"

Post Thanks / Like
    @uwe does the Interface Upgrade Program work for overseas customers also? I bought mine via a local distributor however just spoken to them about it and they don't want my old interface.. I bought the v2 interface yesterday however i have no use for the old one.. Any suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sasha View Post
    @uwe does the Interface Upgrade Program work for overseas customers also? I bought mine via a local distributor however just spoken to them about it and they don't want my old interface.. I bought the v2 interface yesterday however i have no use for the old one.. Any suggestions?
    Keep it. It may benefit with older legacy cars that are too weird to work with newer cables for some random reason.
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by golfi_vend View Post
    Keep it. It may benefit with older legacy cars that are too weird to work with newer cables for some random reason.
    When I bought my HEX-NET I kept my HEX-CAN+USB, never used it since though

4. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sasha View Post
    It does, directly through us, but whether it makes economic sense to ship interfaces both ways to the antipodes is another question entirely, and local distributors are not obligated to participate.

Have you registered your HEX-V2 yet? I don't see it in our system under your e-mail address yet, so I can't tell if you bought one with VIN limited one or an Unlimited one. If you bought a VIN limited one, I'll give you a free one-step upgrade (3 to 10, or 10 to Unlimited, a $169 value) in exchange for explicit permission to revoke the license in your old HEX+CAN. I obviously can't do that if you bought an Unlimited one. In that case, you can probably sell your old HEX+CAN for a pretty decent price on eBay. Make sure you include a picture of the actual interface in the listing and guarantee it's genuine.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

6. Likes jyoung8607 liked this post