MK7 Golf, no back up camera and reverse lights.

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Don, that's how it was set on one of the many many many adamaps I have from different cars :) Usually backup light is only on one side. At least on EURO spec lights. Same goes for the fog light.

And according to the link the OP posted taking you to ECS tuning where he bought the lights from, all the lights look to be LEDs.

And what's more interesting is that according to ECS tunings coding instructions, they state that from mid 2015 onwards the fog light has moved from Leuchte 26 to Leuchte27.

His Leuchte27 function is now :
Code:
ENG116963-ENG116388-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion A 27	Standlicht allgemein (Schlusslicht: Positionslicht: Begrenzungslicht) 	16

If that is fog light then it means that it is constantly on. So instead of changing the leuchte28 just yet, why not first change the lichtfunction to this one for leuchte27:
Code:
ENG116963-ENG116388-Leuchte27NSL RC6-Lichtfunktion A 27	 Nebelschlusslicht wenn kein Anhaenger gesteckt

I'm 100% sure that it will put the fog light out of it's misery :D

If it really is the case that there's a parking light also on the left side. Then change the leuchte28 lichtfunction to this one as Don stated already :
Code:
ENG116964-ENG116407-Leuchte28RFL LC11-Lichtfunktion A 28	Rueckfahrlicht

And sorry Don for jumping on the subject.

downtime-you are correct . my bad
don

downtime

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=280813
Don't be, you were correct as well :)

mantec200

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=347875
I want to thank you both for all the information. I don’t know how to repay you for your help. But I will try these new settings once I have returned from vacation.

mantec200

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=347875
Hi There!

I have been enjoying my new LED taillights this winter, but now I want to be able to turn off the rear fog light that stays on all the time when I turn the lights on. I have the switch with the rear fog light and front fog light options but the rear fog is always on. What do I need to do to change this?

mantec200

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=347875
Rear Fog light on my LED taillights won't go off

Hi All!

I installed factory OEM LED taillights from the Euro GTI on my 3rd Gen 1.8T MK7, however the rear fog light won't go off. If my lights are off its off, but when I turn them on, its on all the time and I can't turn it off. I do have the lightswitch with front and rear fog's. My front fogs are not yet installed, later this week, so I need to know how to make the rear fog work with the switch and not all the time.

I am hoping that someone can help me program the rear fog to work properly and tell me how to program front OEM fogs when I get them installed later this week.

Thank you!

Chris

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Merging this back into the original thread. I don't see any reason why we need a brand-new thread.

-Uwe-

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
Hi All!

I installed factory OEM LED taillights from the Euro GTI on my 3rd Gen 1.8T MK7, however the rear fog light won't go off. If my lights are off its off, but when I turn them on, its on all the time and I can't turn it off. I do have the lightswitch with front and rear fog's. My front fogs are not yet installed, later this week, so I need to know how to make the rear fog work with the switch and not all the time.

I am hoping that someone can help me program the rear fog to work properly and tell me how to program front OEM fogs when I get them installed later this week.

Thank you!

Chris

mantec: G'day. Before we start a discussion about "programming", I suspect that it would be prudent to first have a chat about the physical wiring changes ( a lesson that was seared into my brain by my early teachers)

Here in the very deep south, the wiring arrangement for the rear fog light looks something like this:

vCy2bKp.jpg

As the diagram suggests, it all happens at pin#72 on the "A" socket on the BCM (for RoW models and for early model NAR vehicles). Note: the fog light wire is only needed for the driver’s side fitting - so, in your country where the steering wheel is on the passenger-side, this is the LHS ;)!

The wire in the diagram is the supply voltage for the lamp - the trigger signal for the rear fog is an entirely different matter!

My understanding is that in the land of the free (I assume that Canada uses NAR model mk7s) there was a change in mid 2015 to the wiring for the rear fog light wherein pin#6 on socket "C" was used instead. Previously, this pin was used for the extreme inner lamp on the rear tails for LED fittings and it operated as parking lights (i.e. kinda-like the lamp behavior that you describe in your post).

So, first question - when you retrofitted the rear fog light - where did you make the connection to the BCM?

Don

Last edited:
Back