Thread: VW MKV Rear Reverse Light Fault

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

VW MKV Rear Reverse Light Fault

Just retrofitted to a rear fog light on the LH side of my 08 Rabbit. Followed ECS's instructions: moved LH inner light wire from C12 to B4 on the CECM. Added the wire from the Euro Switch pin 7 to CECM E13. Coded VCDS as per the instructions. Fog light works correctly and RH reverse light works fine, but now I keep getting LH reverse light errors and the bulb out indicator on the tachometer. I can reset the fault in my Micro-CAM but the fault keeps coming back. Is there a setting I missed?

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    It couldn't hurt to post an Auto-Scan for context, preferably one that shows the faults you're getting.

-Uwe-
    Last edited by Uwe; 10-07-2018 at 11:49 AM.
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Before I post the fault codes, I tried something else. I failed to set 09-Cen. Elect, Byte 3 Bit 2 (Reverse Driving Lights (0 = 2 Reverse Driving Lights / 1 = 1 Reverse Driving Light).

I skipped this thinking it did not apply to me, but I have not seen the Light Fault icon display again after clearing the faults and setting this bit to 1.

I'll post the fault codes when it returns, but at the moment I don't have this fault showing up.

thanks,

Lon

4. Likes Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    So far so good. With the Byte 3 Bit 2 set to 1 the Bulb Fault has not returned. I have to let it go for a few drives to see if it returns. I would not have expected this bit to have anything to do with the problem but apparently it does.
    Lon Allen
    2008 VW Rabbit - 156K+ miles

6. Likes Uwe liked this post