Arl pd150 cant rev past 4k after cambelt change

rukil

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=11945 (RS)
Arl pd150

Hey guys really hope someone can help. So after completing a water pump and cambelt change the engine is having not behaving it's starts up first time every time idle is near dead steady...the symptoms are in 1st and 2nd generally drives alright not great but alright how ever loses revs after 3k and maxes at 4k, sometimes on start up even after a lengthy drive it drives perfect but then shit......in 3rd is fine again not as it should be but fine driving round town but when i put my foot down until 3k revs you feel like it lurches, after 3k revs power drops and barely climbs to 4k....when entering motorway this lack of power then throws it into limp mode....so to be clear the symptoms I've described are all the time, and limp mode when really pushing it.
Triple checked timing and checked again.
No errors logged in vcds...only after limp mode
Torsion value 0.5
Injector deviations within tolerance all between -1.5 - +1.5
Bench tested injector loom
Checked vacuum to actuator (25hg)
Vanes moves freely
Actuator looks like it holds
Tested maf with 2 known working sensors.(car drives slightly better unplugged altogether)
95% sure there's no boost leak have check all pipes
Boost gauge can read upto 20psi until said power drop and then drops to 15...sometimes it holds at 20 but still no power at all.
Have changed fuel filter, which has smoothed out the lurching but still not full power or full revs.
And zero black smoke

Plan to test map sensor today and maybe cam sensor...but other than than I'm complete lost as to what has gone wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Tia

Last edited:

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Hi and welcome to our forum.

Please post an Auto-Scan for context, even if there are no fault codes.

-Uwe-

rukil

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=11945 (RS)
Hi and thank you, hopefully I can get this sorted before going scrappy haha. Okay no problem I'll post auto scan tomorrow. Cheers

ikara

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=302492
What errors do you have after limp mode?

rukil

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=11945 (RS)
Can't remeber the code number but was negative deviation boost. Can't find me cable at the moment so struggling a little bit more than usual.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Can't remeber the code number but was negative deviation boost. Can't find me cable at the moment so struggling a little bit more than usual.
VCDS saves the Auto-Scan results on the PC hard disk so you could find the last scan and post it without needing the cable.

Reactions: Uwe

rukil

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=11945 (RS)
Right so I have an update guys!!...it isn't the timing belt after all.. pure coincidence that the lift pump decided to fail...or at least an aspect of the lift pump...swapped out for a second hand pump...and it drove oh so much better no lurching and no rev walls....but I don't get very far as it keeps cutting out on me...I've had to jump my car like 8 times today to prime the damn thing...is this another fucked pump or is there a relay I should be looking at? At least I'm heading in the right direction. Cheers

Larry Manton

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=112505
Right so I have an update guys!!...it isn't the timing belt after all.. pure coincidence that the lift pump decided to fail...or at least an aspect of the lift pump...swapped out for a second hand pump...and it drove oh so much better no lurching and no rev walls....but I don't get very far as it keeps cutting out on me...I've had to jump my car like 8 times today to prime the damn thing...is this another fucked pump or is there a relay I should be looking at? At least I'm heading in the right direction. Cheers

Curios STFT and LT, when happens.

Probably on the right track but if trim on log goes up radically when if falls on its face, the ECM is calling for fuel and is not getting it if there is no smoke. Also if injector time goes up is indicative of wanting fuel, all indicative of pump related.

Boost wound obviously drop as it takes fuel to make boost. Check any fuel filters ECT, might be simple.

LARIMORE

rukil

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=11945 (RS)
Sorry don't understand STFT and LT.

Well I've tried 3 different in tank pumps now all sound like they're priming fine...is it different wiring to prime the tank than it is for ecm to control the pump? Found a larger fuse where a smaller one where fuel pump should be...starting to think burnt out wires....when priming the the line should there be a return flow after the tandem pump?

Yeah guessed thats why boost dropped with it. Replaced fuel filter still the same result, and the ect was new from vw couple months ago.

Robski

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=111643
Sorry don't understand STFT and LT

Short Term Fuel Trim & Long Term................ BUT on a diesel :facepalm: :rolleyes:

In short pal don't waste your time !

Back