Hi all,

This is my first post so apologies in advance for any faux pas.

I have a an issue with my DPF I am hoping to get some more info on with the help of your knowledge

The Car:

VW Passat B6 2.0 Diesel Common Rail 82KW/110HP Engine code CBD with 160k mile on the clock

Symptomns:

It was idling roughly and then it started smoking heavily when driving around town - immediate fear was head gasket but took to a mechanic and said it was the DPF and needed a good rag on the motorway, on the way to the motorway the EML light came on NOT DPF light, Ive since realised it put itself in regen mode and after a run cleared out and started idling smoothly and the start stop was back to working. the mechanic cleared the code (P2002 I will attach the VCDS below) and i thought all was ok.

on 2 more occasions the EML has come back on and i have had to run a regen using a ross tech VCDS

My first question is, is this normal for the DPF to block up within 2 weeks of a regen if only used for occasional town runs?

The second questions is when using the meas blocks 108 the "Particle Filter Carbon Mass (act.)" shows 0.0 at all times. Why could this be? and is this measurement taken from the LAMBDA sensor in the DPF?

Any help is much appreciated

Many Thanks

Jack

VCDS fault code

1 Fault Found:
008194 - Particulate Trap Bank 1
P2002 - 000 - Efficiency Below Threshold
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01100000
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 7
Reset counter: 255