Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changed clock spring. Need help with fault codes

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah I do. If I put it back and run autoscan will I have what I need to recode?

Post Thanks / Like
    yes, or just open module 16 an coding, to see the old long coding. perhaps a controller adaptation map, just to be sure (see below).

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok.. I will try that later!

New User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Put the old module back and copied the coding and used it with the new module.. Worked great! Thanks so much for the help

5. Likes iichel, Uwe, Mike@Gendan liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good job mate!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sondre,

Do you mind if i ask a question about coding after clockspring replacement. I’ve just done a clockspring replacement also and have fault codes. When you say it worked great when voting the old code Did entering the old coding clear the fault codes? Or did you need to go into each fault and reset/clear the fault?

Many thanks.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iichel View Post
    yes, or just open module 16 an coding, to see the old long coding. perhaps a controller adaptation map, just to be sure (see below).
    Hello Iichel, I have a question relating to coding for a new clock spring and hope you dont mind me asking. I did pretty much what Sondre did and installed a new clock spring without autoscanning with the old one in. Old Part is 5K0.953.569.B and new part is 5K0.953.569.AL . After the insallation, the horn and steering buttons work (radio controls etc) . I have all the fault codes like Sondre did. after running autoscan the report shows the new module with the following code 7982A0000 .

Question is does inputting the old code clear all the faults automatically? Is there a way to obtain the correct code without having to put the old module back in. I didnt autoscan before removing the old module.

Many thanks in advance.