Upgrade to parking heater (webasto)

myounus

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=321059
The automatic start on these heaters for temperature on mine is controllable by changing the temperature and/or switching it off from my T100 remote. There is a hard wired temperature sensor in the van which it uses.
It all depends on how you've wired the heater up.

hd7993

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
7F23E21B2EBEC9BEF3-802A
I see. but it uses the outside temp and coolant sensor for the car. all the wiring are oem, so in main there are just terminal 30 and 31 and two can bus cables to the car.
the heater is thermo top V or TTV with SW special designed for VW as i understand.
So for now i disconectet outside temp sensor, but it is not exactly the best sollution.. :)
I see its be possible to connect a canbus module who interfere with the start signal, but i dont know..
I wonder if there is possible to change something in coding for auto hvac?

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
man I don't have a solution but I feel your pain. I retrofitted the Webasto to my Golf 7 and there is a fault about a pump which I cannot clear. anyway the heater works fine so I am very perplexed.

You're right, very little documentation about Webasto retrofit. I bet there is more on german forums but I don't speak german lol.

hd7993

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
7F23E21B2EBEC9BEF3-802A
man I don't have a solution but I feel your pain. I retrofitted the Webasto to my Golf 7 and there is a fault about a pump which I cannot clear. anyway the heater works fine so I am very perplexed.

You're right, very little documentation about Webasto retrofit. I bet there is more on german forums but I don't speak german lol.

Yes it have been some hours on google.. :)

Still wonder how to access coding ++ in auto hvac and also about all the non documented adaption channels in aux heat..?
would think this would be a good place to ask..? ;)

darkchina811

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=333184
you can try but don't expect a big reaction. I googled for my fault, nothing. I asked here, nothing. I went to a VW dealer, they looked at me like I came from Mars (because I retrofitted the Webasto), I went to a Webasto dealer, he said not to bother if it works...

just very little material about Webasto in general...

Morten Pettersen

Reaction score
Sorry to make a new theme.

I have just installed a used Webasto Top C on my 2001 Allroad.
Is it possible to put the yellow diagnotic wire to the "fault reader" inside the car?

So I can use VCDS to read fault codes from the heater :-)

mrjj

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=32548
Found the solution on a polish..? forum. it is needed to swap wire 16 and 20 on plug A back on the climatronic panel, so now all is working as oem finally.
nice upgrade for little money i would say. so main whats needed is control unit for the heater and climatronic display with instant heat buton.

good tip is to always clean the burning chamber if you work on your webasto. you are suposed to change complete burner insert on TT-V, but they can easily be dismantled and cleaned anyway.

Thanx for all help and tips etc :) :)

Hello. Have just done same retrofit to my Caddy III. Replaced a/c panel with the one with INSTA heat button correct model according etka.
Upgraded Webasto software from aux to parking model. Instant heat button kicks on Webasto but doesn´t operate a/c fan.
Cannot find any lacking wire based on Elsawin. Plan to install telesetart T91R factoruy model and it requires WBUS directly to Webasto and only one additional wire from a/c panel +12V that is ready waiting forupcoming Telestart module. So I guess when Webasto starts it kicks also a/c panel via Canbus.
I am using similar car with factory original setup and it does activate a/c blower when instant heat pressed.

Another interesting and suprisingly nice retrofit is tire pressure monitoring, the basic one via ABS sensors. Only one wire from ABS connector to a SET button.
Have not got button from Ebay...

JJ

PetreX

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=422816
Hello. Have just done same retrofit to my Caddy III. Replaced a/c panel with the one with INSTA heat button correct model according etka.
Upgraded Webasto software from aux to parking model. Instant heat button kicks on Webasto but doesn´t operate a/c fan.
Cannot find any lacking wire based on Elsawin. Plan to install telesetart T91R factoruy model and it requires WBUS directly to Webasto and only one additional wire from a/c panel +12V that is ready waiting forupcoming Telestart module. So I guess when Webasto starts it kicks also a/c panel via Canbus.
I am using similar car with factory original setup and it does activate a/c blower when instant heat pressed.

Another interesting and suprisingly nice retrofit is tire pressure monitoring, the basic one via ABS sensors. Only one wire from ABS connector to a SET button.
Have not got button from Ebay...

JJ
Hi,

You say "Upgraded Webasto software from aux to parking model"

Great 👍
Can you tell me your method please.
Ta,
Pete

PetreX

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=422816
Hi,

As @mrjj hasn't been seen for a while maybe some other kind member could explain how to - Upgrade Webasto software from aux to parking model ?

Hopefully something simple that I am just not finding.

TIA
Pete

Sebastian

Ross-Tech Employee
Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HN0-nnnnnn
Depending on the exact model of the heater, Webasto offers upgrade kits which mostly contain a different firmware that enables the functionality, as well as means to operate it (either a hard wired heater clock or an actual remote control). You may also use it with a cellphone based system (Webasto ThermoCall/ThermoConnect etc.), which are also available from 3rd partys like Danhag.

• Informative
Reactions: Uwe

PetreX

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=422816
Thanks
👍

Back