Hex net beta update stuck in transfer loop

AudiGit

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=288281
Hi folks,

I’ve just updated my VCDS to the Beta 18.7.2 and it told me that there is a Beta update for my Hex Net interface, I’ve been “updating” it for about half hour now and the transfer part of the process keeps going to 19% and then back to 1% and then gradually back to 19% only to restart at 1% in a constant loop, is there a known issue for this? Or is it a Beta issue?

I have a video of this loop to send if that helps?

Current version:

CB: 0.4411
FW: 0.254
CFB: 0.10
BL: 0.28
DS: 00000050

New versions:

CB: 0.4430
DS: 60000055

Thanks

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Reboot it. Try again.

-Uwe-

AudiGit

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=288281
Reboot it. Try again.

-Uwe-

Thanks Uwe,

The problem has now changed: VCDS no longer recognises the interface when I “Test” and here is a timeline of what’s happened since:

Flashing red light on interface,
CB changed to 0.0,
Held button on interface to see if that did anything - light is now flashing green instead of red,
Now got CB: 0.4430 but DS is now 00000000,
It’s telling me there is an update available but get “Error code -8” when I try to update,
Keep seeing “get ds ver timeout” at the bottom of the window - guess that explains why my DS is 00000000 but not why it’s changed?

Any ideas?

Thanks

Zenerdiode

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=24330
How long did you hold the button? Try holding it for 45 seconds, don't let go, no matter how it beeps when you hold it. Then try VCI Update again.

AudiGit

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=288281
How long did you hold the button? Try holding it for 45 seconds, don't let go, no matter how it beeps when you hold it. Then try VCI Update again.

Hiya Zenerdiode!

Beep? I’ve never heard this unit beep in all the times I’ve used it ha ha...

I’ve just held the button for over 45 seconds and no beep at any point. Is it strange that now I’m more concerned that mine doesn’t beep? Lol.

Well, there is no change. If I keep the button held when plugging in the USB then the light flashes green, if I don’t touch the button, it flashes red. Still no DS info.

I’ve even reverted back to the released version of VCDS (18.2.1) and still nothing.

Once it gets to the stage of “Building SD update” it just hangs for a bit and then “error code -8”

Frustrating! Lol

Last edited:
Back