Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: It is officially winter at my house

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenerdiode View Post
    I buck the trend a little, in that I love frosty snowy winters.
    I do to... from inside a ski lodge or cabin somewhere while someone else moves the snow 15 times a day and a helo or chauffeur takes me places

It's strange to me that in some people's eyes, the hotter it is, the nicer the weather. Do people really enjoy being that sticky? The weather has all year round to be sunny one day and grey skies the next, but only winter to be snowy. Even though I've toppled into my forties I still feel the magical nostalgia of winter.
    Agreed, couldn't stand it being hot year round.
    My company HQ is in Florida and I despise going there any time other than summer as the heat/humidity is un-natural.

Many yankees move to Florida and after a few years migrate back north to clog up our roads and economy in the mid-South.
    We call them half-backers; they don't want to move all the way back but it's too hot for them down there.

Hopefully we can maintain below freezing for a few weeks here again this year to kill of the bugs.

Although I must say it is very nice in Central America with 20 degrees year round and nice breezes

2012 A8L 4.2 Oolong/Titanium. Premium, LED, Driver assist, Rear seat comfort, Dual pane, Alcantara, Panorama

2. Likes vreihen, Zenerdiode liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I buck the trend a little, in that I love frosty snowy winters. It's strange to me that in some people's eyes, the hotter it is, the nicer the weather. Do people really enjoy being that sticky? The weather has all year round to be sunny one day and grey skies the next, but only winter to be snowy. Even though I've toppled into my forties I still feel the magical nostalgia of winter.
    I spent my youth in the snowbelts south of Buffalo, NY. For those across the pond, there's a phenomenon called "lake-effect snow" that essentially dumps *meters* of snow in western NY State from mid-fall until Lake Erie finally freezes over in late January. After I moved away from there to the eastern half of the state, I used to walk around outdoors without a coat if the temperature was above freezing, spend weekends outdoors, and in my 20's even rode my motorcycle to work all winter. Then came the doctor's visit and week-long hospital stay about 6 years ago. Long story short, my latest blood pressure readings were 10.9/7.7 kPa (82/58 mm Hg) last month during my last checkup, its 21 C in my house and I'm shivering, and if I had a vote I'd nominate the person who invented the Snuggie for a freaking Nobel prize. Don't get me wrong. I still hate humidity, but am starting to think that a place with dry heat like the US desert southwest (or Australia) may be worth a visit. Oh, and get off my lawn!!!!!

4. Likes jakematic, Zenerdiode liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    The naysayers can kiss my you know what.
    Temperature outside was -4C when this was taken - far more crystals than Saturday's picture....

2012 A8L 4.2 Oolong/Titanium. Premium, LED, Driver assist, Rear seat comfort, Dual pane, Alcantara, Panorama

6. Likes vreihen, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

8. Likes jakematic liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well... he does work for TWC... no doubt they made up a name for the winter pee storm !

10. Likes vreihen, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jakematic View Post
    Well... he does work for TWC... no doubt they made up a name for the winter pee storm !
    No, the first storm is the A-storm. The P-storm won't arrive until much later in the season.....

12. Likes jakematic, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Is that spiraling pattern synonymous with "pretty darn cold outside for November in PA"? If so, that's an exceptionally accurate instrument!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric View Post
    Is that spiraling pattern synonymous with "pretty darn cold outside for November in PA"? If so, that's an exceptionally accurate instrument!
    Yep! Crystals forming from the bottom indicate frost.
    Mines been going crazy with the cold this week.

These are far more accurate than the weather guessers and their super computer models.
    Then again looking out the window is too

I want to get this one too:

15. Likes Eric, Jack@European_Parts, vreihen liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad that I no longer live in the south towns of Buffalo! 1.5 meters of snow in a day...and a forecast for another 60+cm before the end of tomorrow. They may even cancel the Bills game on Sunday, since the stadium was in the dump zone.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, if we could get some snow, that would be nice.
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...