Passat B6 cecm > bcm

rhinopower

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=58979
are there any guides around detailing this upgrade?

Already have b7 gateway, ccm, and 3D clocks, would like to get the functionality back on the cluster for lights now

kamold

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=241363
Prepare for 15 hours of rewiring.
The guide is the wiring diagrams.
Some wires are too short so have to be extended. There is no way to make up an adapter harness between the two because there is no room.
You also have to deal with the start stop emulation.
Big job for minimal reward. I personally haven't done it but have spoken to those who have.
If you are a completionist then this is for you.

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
...There is no way to make up an adapter harness between the two because there is no room....

I would correct here a little bit.

There is room, but the issue is with soldering wires to old CECM board can be tricky and it may break over time because of vibration.

I have done this 1 time and result was a mess. I would recommend removing dash and perhaps also metal bar for better access.
It is very crap retrofit to do.e

rhinopower

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=58979
Prepare for 15 hours of rewiring.
The guide is the wiring diagrams.
Some wires are too short so have to be extended. There is no way to make up an adapter harness between the two because there is no room.
You also have to deal with the start stop emulation.
Big job for minimal reward. I personally haven't done it but have spoken to those who have.
If you are a completionist then this is for you.

If you arent interested in doing it, then its probably not worth doing then!

Did you get my email with the picture of the cluster? Any ideas?

rhinopower

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=58979
I would correct here a little bit.

There is room, but the issue is with soldering wires to old CECM board can be tricky and it may break over time because of vibration.

I have done this 1 time and result was a mess. I would recommend removing dash and perhaps also metal bar for better access.
It is very crap retrofit to do.e

I will be having the dash out for duel zone climate in the future, but the adapter harness using the cecm board doesnt look ideal like you say

Christiank

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=253485
I know a few who has made CECM/CCM - BCM adapters and got everything working, but like you said it yourself and Golfi also did - the soldering could be at risk breaking over time due to vibrations.

I just did the swap myself this summer, had the dash out to swap flap motors all the way around. Re-pinned everything. I didn't have to extend any wires for this repin job, although if you do extend wirering I guess it'll be easier to tape up so it looks good. My wires are pretty tight so can't really seperate wires from the 3 BCM connectors like I would and have it wrapped with some tape to look good hehe.

Maybe I will do this over winter if I have some spare time for the job - gives me a peace of mind knowing it looks good even you can't see it when everything is putted back together.

Get new keys, some MCP terminals, relay holder, relays and all before you start pulling the car apart :)

NitrousOxide

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=269481
I know a few who has made CECM/CCM - BCM adapters and got everything working
Are the adapters a simple "plug and play" and also for sale? If so, please post a link or contact information to these individuals or items.

m87a

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=156900
I have done this conversion and I can say that wires are barely long enough and can be fitted but it looks like a mess (done on passat b6, on golf plus bcm can be "extended" under drivers seat). I have also made adapter and for soldering wires on old cecm I have poured epoxy so there is no chance of vibrations cracking solder so no issues there.
It is time consuming and pain in the ass, space is cramped, if you decide to re pin connectors take out driver's seat it will be a lot easier.
There was a guy from Poland selling cecm to bcm for golf 5 adapter on kleinanzeigen...

NitrousOxide

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=269481
Thanks. I'm not sure what "kleinanzeigen" " classifieds ads" is, but a quick Google search took me to to eBay. Searching using terms like "CECM" or "BCM" didn't produce anything useful.

Edit: I meant here:
https://www.kleinanzeigen.de/Auto-Motor

Last edited:

rhinopower

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=58979
I did this conversion last year

All wires re-pinned, extended etc, all working perfect. This gave me HBA which was worth it on its own for a days work

kamold

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=241363
I said i wouldn't bother with it but I too caved in and completed the swap to BCM a few weeks ago :facepalm:
HBA, returned comfort features to the MFD etc
But the real killer feature....comfort blink can be set all the way up to 5!!!

CF.T

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=386461
I also did this a couple of months ago, and if you think you will be doing other retrofits like High beam assist, it's a must. I ended up using repin guides from both a german and russian sites, cross-checked with ELSAwin diagrams, and was able to do it first time, with only one mistake done by me. The main thing that's problematic is byte 18, the lighting pins have to be assigned to your own lights positions, so you have to have someone with a tool to change the eeprom.

NitrousOxide

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=269481
I just want the link to a Plug and Play adapter

CF.T

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=386461
As far as I know, they are only selling the instructions to build your own, and in german.

dieseltje

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=148044
A vew months ago I have seen on ebay klein anzeigen specially for Golf6 a cable for swapping to bcm. On one side te connectors that fit to the cecm connectors one on one and othher side to the bcm that was places under tje drivers seat.
I don’t know if that kit was especially for golf 6 or that it will suit also on a passat B6.

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131
A vew months ago I have seen on ebay klein anzeigen specially for Golf6 a cable for swapping to bcm. On one side te connectors that fit to the cecm connectors one on one and othher side to the bcm that was places under tje drivers seat.
I don’t know if that kit was especially for golf 6 or that it will suit also on a passat B6.

Passat B6 is easier, because no need to extend wiring for CCM, just need to exchange it for B7 CCM. But I'd like a link to this harness.

dieseltje

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=148044
CMM id already swapt cmm= comfort module
I mean central electrics in B6 its CECM in B7 BCM

CF.T

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=386461
Well, if someone that comes here for this information here it is, the cabling you saw is specific for Golf and all PQ35 because both CECM and CCM merge when converting to BCM, so the harness you saw has both connectors to BCM. In the Passat BCM only replaces CECM, you still have to have CCM (because it contains immo).

Back