Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Passat B6 cecm > bcm

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did this conversion last year

All wires re-pinned, extended etc, all working perfect. This gave me HBA which was worth it on its own for a days work

2. Likes NitrousOxide liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I said i wouldn't bother with it but I too caved in and completed the swap to BCM a few weeks ago
    HBA, returned comfort features to the MFD etc
    But the real killer feature....comfort blink can be set all the way up to 5!!!
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|Discover Media
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|Full colour MFD|Quad LED tail rings| Climatronics upgrade| Dynaudio retrofit | B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|TPMS Direct|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM Retrofit|HBA/FLA

4. Likes NitrousOxide liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also did this a couple of months ago, and if you think you will be doing other retrofits like High beam assist, it's a must. I ended up using repin guides from both a german and russian sites, cross-checked with ELSAwin diagrams, and was able to do it first time, with only one mistake done by me. The main thing that's problematic is byte 18, the lighting pins have to be assigned to your own lights positions, so you have to have someone with a tool to change the eeprom.

6. Likes NitrousOxide liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just want the link to a Plug and Play adapter

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    As far as I know, they are only selling the instructions to build your own, and in german.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    A vew months ago I have seen on ebay klein anzeigen specially for Golf6 a cable for swapping to bcm. On one side te connectors that fit to the cecm connectors one on one and othher side to the bcm that was places under tje drivers seat.
    I don’t know if that kit was especially for golf 6 or that it will suit also on a passat B6.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dieseltje View Post
    A vew months ago I have seen on ebay klein anzeigen specially for Golf6 a cable for swapping to bcm. On one side te connectors that fit to the cecm connectors one on one and othher side to the bcm that was places under tje drivers seat.
    I don’t know if that kit was especially for golf 6 or that it will suit also on a passat B6.
    Passat B6 is easier, because no need to extend wiring for CCM, just need to exchange it for B7 CCM. But I'd like a link to this harness.
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    CMM id already swapt cmm= comfort module
    I mean central electrics in B6 its CECM in B7 BCM

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I would swap cecm to bcm is B7 ABS then also necessary?