Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Passat B6 cecm > bcm

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Passat B6 cecm > bcm

are there any guides around detailing this upgrade?

Already have b7 gateway, ccm, and 3D clocks, would like to get the functionality back on the cluster for lights now

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Prepare for 15 hours of rewiring.
    The guide is the wiring diagrams.
    Some wires are too short so have to be extended. There is no way to make up an adapter harness between the two because there is no room.
    You also have to deal with the start stop emulation.
    Big job for minimal reward. I personally haven't done it but have spoken to those who have.
    If you are a completionist then this is for you.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|Discover Media
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|Full colour MFD|Quad LED tail rings| Climatronics upgrade| Dynaudio retrofit | B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|TPMS Direct|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM Retrofit|HBA/FLA

3. Likes Sebastian, rhinopower, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    ...There is no way to make up an adapter harness between the two because there is no room....
    I would correct here a little bit.

There is room, but the issue is with soldering wires to old CECM board can be tricky and it may break over time because of vibration.

I have done this 1 time and result was a mess. I would recommend removing dash and perhaps also metal bar for better access.
    It is very crap retrofit to do.e
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...

5. Likes rhinopower, kamold liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Prepare for 15 hours of rewiring.
    The guide is the wiring diagrams.
    Some wires are too short so have to be extended. There is no way to make up an adapter harness between the two because there is no room.
    You also have to deal with the start stop emulation.
    Big job for minimal reward. I personally haven't done it but have spoken to those who have.
    If you are a completionist then this is for you.
    If you arent interested in doing it, then its probably not worth doing then!

Did you get my email with the picture of the cluster? Any ideas?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by golfi_vend View Post
    I would correct here a little bit.

There is room, but the issue is with soldering wires to old CECM board can be tricky and it may break over time because of vibration.

I have done this 1 time and result was a mess. I would recommend removing dash and perhaps also metal bar for better access.
    It is very crap retrofit to do.e
    I will be having the dash out for duel zone climate in the future, but the adapter harness using the cecm board doesnt look ideal like you say

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know a few who has made CECM/CCM - BCM adapters and got everything working, but like you said it yourself and Golfi also did - the soldering could be at risk breaking over time due to vibrations.

I just did the swap myself this summer, had the dash out to swap flap motors all the way around. Re-pinned everything. I didn't have to extend any wires for this repin job, although if you do extend wirering I guess it'll be easier to tape up so it looks good. My wires are pretty tight so can't really seperate wires from the 3 BCM connectors like I would and have it wrapped with some tape to look good hehe.

Maybe I will do this over winter if I have some spare time for the job - gives me a peace of mind knowing it looks good even you can't see it when everything is putted back together.

Get new keys, some MCP terminals, relay holder, relays and all before you start pulling the car apart

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Christiank View Post
    I know a few who has made CECM/CCM - BCM adapters and got everything working
    Are the adapters a simple "plug and play" and also for sale? If so, please post a link or contact information to these individuals or items.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have done this conversion and I can say that wires are barely long enough and can be fitted but it looks like a mess (done on passat b6, on golf plus bcm can be "extended" under drivers seat). I have also made adapter and for soldering wires on old cecm I have poured epoxy so there is no chance of vibrations cracking solder so no issues there.
    It is time consuming and pain in the ass, space is cramped, if you decide to re pin connectors take out driver's seat it will be a lot easier.
    There was a guy from Poland selling cecm to bcm for golf 5 adapter on kleinanzeigen...
    There are 3 kind of services
    GOOD CHEAP FAST
    But you can only choose 2:
    GOOD and CHEAP won't be FAST
    FAST and GOOD won't be CHEAP
    CHEAP and FAST won't be GOOD

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks. I'm not sure what "kleinanzeigen" " classifieds ads" is, but a quick Google search took me to to eBay. Searching using terms like "CECM" or "BCM" didn't produce anything useful.

Edit: I meant here:
    https://www.kleinanzeigen.de/Auto-Motor
    Last edited by NitrousOxide; 03-11-2020 at 05:53 PM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe spacewalker was selling adapter, ask him, not sure tho...
    There are 3 kind of services
    GOOD CHEAP FAST
    But you can only choose 2:
    GOOD and CHEAP won't be FAST
    FAST and GOOD won't be CHEAP
    CHEAP and FAST won't be GOOD

13. Likes NitrousOxide liked this post