Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Powered Tailgate minor issue

VCDS Distributor
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a button/switch somewhere inside and outside ?
    Else try/test what is available on your car

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NEtech View Post
    Is there a button/switch somewhere inside and outside ?
    I think inside is the taigate closing button on the trim. Outside is the opening handle.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Not having any luck unfortunately, I'm sure I must be missing something really simple...

1. Change adaptation channel 1 in 6D deck lid control module (in my case it kept resetting to 355. I changed it to 380).
    2. Press tailgate open button and confirm it opens to full height.
    3. Press tailgate close button. Once the tailgate is almost closed, push the tailgate open button to stop the motors.
    4. Gently push the tailgate up until you feel the motors release, then push it up to around half way open.
    5. Push both the exterior tailgate open button, and the tailgate close button in the bottom of the interior trim simultaneously. Tailgate opens to full height. Close.
    6. After locking and unlocking the car, has been reset to 355 again
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|Discover Media
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|Full colour MFD|Quad LED tail rings| Climatronics upgrade| Dynaudio retrofit | B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|TPMS Direct|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM Retrofit|HBA/FLA

Post Thanks / Like
    So, problem solved???

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is there a possibility that getting the adaptation value to stick you need to input correct security access? Some modules behave like this after power cycle but using correct security access makes the values stick (like steering assist)

6. Likes Dana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That's not a bad idea. I wonder if SA codes 12345 -or- 20103 might be accepted?

8. Likes downtime liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    In the end I bought some stronger struts.
    Tailgate works to full height again
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|Discover Media
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|Full colour MFD|Quad LED tail rings| Climatronics upgrade| Dynaudio retrofit | B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|TPMS Direct|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM Retrofit|HBA/FLA

10. Likes Uwe liked this post