Best way to get full dump of all adaptations and coding?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

GlynH

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=75902
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but when I searched 'VCDS snapshot of all modules' I ended up here!

Like Julian I have an A8 D4 although mine is an earlier 2014 facelift and has almost every option on it and I was looking for a way to keep a complete master log/backup/record of all of the adaptations & coding for all of the modules installed.

Are we saying by using debug level 2 in conjunction with an Autoscan it won't produce what I am looking for using a Hex-Net and 23.11?

Five years on is there a better way to achieve what I am looking to do please?

Thanks & kind regards,
-=Glyn=-

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Are we saying by using debug level 2 in conjunction with an Autoscan it won't produce what I am looking for using a Hex-Net and 23.11?
Quick trick: Temporarily rename your Labels sub-folder to something else like ~Labels (i.e. tilde in front).

Then use Debug Level 2 and all modules will be "undocumented".

-Uwe-

Eric

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC800000
If using a HEX-NET or HEX-v2, on a car with a CAN gateway (so anything newer than a B7 A4 and quite a few older models), we do have an easy option for this:
Applications->Controller Channel Map->Whole Vehicle. Select Measuring Value and/or Adaptations, and hit go.

lykuno

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=28921
If using a HEX-NET or HEX-v2, on a car with a CAN gateway (so anything newer than a B7 A4 and quite a few older models), we do have an easy option for this:
Applications->Controller Channel Map->Whole Vehicle. Select Measuring Value and/or Adaptations, and hit go.
This is helpful information! I recently tried to use my new HEX-NET to do a Reference Scan and Maps of my '23 S5. I connected a CETE battery charger and did an Autoscan with the Option of Debug Level 2. As expected, it took a lot longer than a regular Autoscan, but what I didn't expect was for all of the blockmaps and adpmaps to be converted to Microsoft Excel Comma Separated Values (CSV) files. I don't have the Excel stand-alone application on this new laptop which I only got for VCDS, although I can open the files and see mini spreadsheets. Not something I can post to that thread on Reference Scans though.

So for me to do an Autoscan and get the Controller Channel Maps formatted as seen in the Reference Scans section, I just select "Applications->Controller Channel Map->Whole Vehicle" as you mentioned above. And I can select both Measuring Value and Adaptations to get everything on my S5. Going to give that a try this weekend -- thanks for helping me understand the steps!

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Not something I can post to that thread on Reference Scans though.
Of course you can. .CSV is just text. Open it with Notepad.

Take a look at the maps in this thread as an example. Those are .CSV files pasted.

You may also find this thread useful:

-Uwe-

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
I made a few maps of my whole car but I feel like some modules are missing channels. Doing them individually with SA entered, that does work.
Is that correct behaviour or a bug? If it's a but, I'll try to reproduce it.

i.e. here the BCM map is much too short: https://forums.ross-tech.com/index.php?threads/35461/#post-297982

• Agree
Reactions: TTT

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Is that correct behaviour or a bug?
If there are channels that require an SA in order to be "visible", then maps made on a whole-car basis will not include them.

-Uwe-

lykuno

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=28921
Of course you can. .CSV is just text. Open it with Notepad.

Take a look at the maps in this thread as an example. Those are .CSV files pasted.

You may also find this thread useful:

-Uwe-

Thanks Uwe, that helped! I was able (somehow!) to get a Reference and Maps scan done and posted. Couldn't have accomplished that without using Alligator!

TTT

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=547002
Doing them individually with SA entered, that does work.
How you accomplish that? Enter SA then go back to Applications - map?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
You can enter the SA in the window for making maps. You can enter the controller number and login.
Yup, but that's only practical for one module at a time.

-Uwe-

Back