Thread: The curse of fault code delete software and possible fixes?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

The curse of fault code delete software and possible fixes?

It seems to be more and more common that DTC delete software is available and also being used on the market. Ive had a few cars that arent running right and are showing no lights on the dash and no fault codes on VCDS when I know they should be there by using measuring blocks.

Heres an example of one on Ebay
    [Link Deleted]

Is there anyway of finding out which P numbers may have been deleted?

This is going to be a MAJOR headache for anyone working on cars now and in the future.

Any advice or thoughts are much appreciated.
    Last edited by Uwe; 09-10-2018 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Link deleted

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is not VCDS related and I request this post be vacated.

That is what FOD is JPPSG

https://forums.ross-tech.com/forumdi...Repair-Support
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    should be moved to the bar, but I don't necessarily think it should be 'vacated'

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed, vacated from this section.

Links pointed to pirates or programs that don't comport with a qualified repair, are not in the spirit of this forum section and I take issue with it.

My question would be to OP: Where you been the last twenty years, deltree tuners or utilities are not new?
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 09-10-2018 at 05:58 PM.
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Based on e-mail report, thread lock until further notice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Moved to The Bar. Re-Opened.

I'll note that the product mentioned in the (deleted) link can't do what it does in situ; one would also need a means of dumping the and re-flashing the ECU software.

Some tuners have been doing this kind of crap for years. In the US, it's worth a $10,000 (at least) fine, per car.

Yes, absolutely, a PITA for trouble-shooting.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

7. Likes PetrolDave, Eric, Jack@European_Parts liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Moved to The Bar. Re-Opened.

I'll note that the product mentioned in the (deleted) link can't do what it does in situ; one would also need a means of dumping the and re-flashing the ECU software.

Some tuners have been doing this kind of crap for years. In the US, it's worth a $10,000 (at least) fine, per car.

Yes, absolutely, a PITA for trouble-shooting.

-Uwe-

That's just half of it, now isn't it?

More like $35K trebled!
    Above Magic!