Is my Intake Manifold Toast?..

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
To post a picture you need to host on somewhere that allows sharing (such as imgur) then include a link to that in IMG tags.

DPNW

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=345651
To post a picture you need to host on somewhere that allows sharing (such as imgur) then include a link to that in IMG tags.

and, even then, it must be one of the listed file types in order to display. Best way to do this, I've found, is to log into iCloud Photos, download to computer, then upload to image sharing site - then copy the link to the actual image file (ends in .jpg, .gif, .png) and insert in the post between the image tags. I don't know a way to display a .pdf

DPNW

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=345651
I do have PCV breather intake/exit hoses ordered/en route. As for the intake manifold, since that's been consistently throwing 2968-P2015 (IM Flap sensor implausible signal), is this indicative of needing the IM replaced altogether or can I simply replace the sensor and installing new IM + TB gaskets?

It's a little late now, but this could be an IM Flap issue - I've had this with carbon buildup. No new parts required, just need to take the IM down and clean the flaps and the rod that moves them to allow free movement again. All of your oil additives have likely gummed the hell out of that, and likely the intake valves as well...especially if your'e blowing extra oil vapor around the engine...if you still have this particular IM Flap post-all of the recent work, issue ask the shop who did the work what they saw.

Last edited:
Back