Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is my Intake Manifold Toast?..

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do have PCV breather intake/exit hoses ordered/en route. As for the intake manifold, since that's been consistently throwing 2968-P2015 (IM Flap sensor implausible signal), is this indicative of needing the IM replaced altogether or can I simply replace the sensor and installing new IM + TB gaskets?

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do have PCV breather intake/exit hoses ordered/en route. As for the intake manifold, since that's been consistently throwing 2968-P2015 (IM Flap sensor implausible signal), is this indicative of needing the IM replaced altogether or can I simply replace the sensor and installing new IM + TB gaskets?
    What does the TSB say at ERWIN?

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...ir_Information
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Can’t log on for some reason. I had created an account/log in a while back but it’s not liking it now..

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any help with this TSB Erwin would be appreciated..

As of today, the car’s idling has worsened. In fact, the engine has shut off a couple times just when pulling out of the driveway. No new fault codes detected..

On the positive side, as I was checking all hoses/valves/connections, I noticed a couple C-Clamps for the Intercooler hoses weren’t snug at all! Tightened everything up and will see if that helps at all..

Saga continues

Post Thanks / Like
    Any help with this TSB Erwin would be appreciated..

As of today, the carís idling has worsened. In fact, the engine has shut off a couple times just when pulling out of the driveway. No new fault codes detected..

On the positive side, as I was checking all hoses/valves/connections, I noticed a couple C-Clamps for the Intercooler hoses werenít snug at all! Tightened everything up and will see if that helps at all..

Saga continues

Have you copulated with the ERWIN manual and RTFB'd?

The manual is only good for a stock car, so the car must be unmodified first & for consistency and trace the air or fuel leaks & using proper mechanical tools or methods with a diagnostic stack that is described in the OEM RTFB, right?

Did you read this link?

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...you!-Air-leaks!

JPPSG

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...uot-JPPSG-quot

No magic answers, you must work for your freedom in the KDF, only than can there be power through joy, right?
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well done sir!
    That being said, because of my numerous mods, some not feasibly reversible short of purchasing new OEM parts, I don’t believe I’m a good candidate for TSB ERWIN.
    Yes, I did read that link and was full of relevant info. Be that as it may, I would consider myself a novice when it comes to hands on mechanical know-how. My scope of knowledge/experience/mechanics aptitude is somewhat limited. For example, fashioning a psi check device as you’ve outlined in your link, I’d benefit greatly from pictures/instructions so as to give me a better frame of reference.
    As for these Output tests being refused by the Control Module (message: 7F 2F 22), I know that certain parameters need to be met in order for the module to green light the requested testing. I can’t for the life of me figure out what it’s not liking. Voltage seems fine as does the interfacing so... Same can be said for trying to initiate anything via Basic Settings. With the exception of running the throttle body adaptation, everything else in the drop down menu, when selected, is ultimately met with, “ABORTED: Safety Reasons-ERROR”.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well done sir!
    That being said, because of my numerous mods, some not feasibly reversible short of purchasing new OEM parts, I don’t believe I’m a good candidate for TSB ERWIN.
    Yes, I did read that link and was full of relevant info. Be that as it may, I would consider myself a novice when it comes to hands on mechanical know-how. My scope of knowledge/experience/mechanics aptitude is somewhat limited. For example, fashioning a psi check device as you’ve outlined in your link, I’d benefit greatly from pictures/instructions so as to give me a better frame of reference.
    As for these Output tests being refused by the Control Module (message: 7F 2F 22), I know that certain parameters need to be met in order for the module to green light the requested testing. I can’t for the life of me figure out what it’s not liking. Voltage seems fine as does the interfacing so... Same can be said for trying to initiate anything via Basic Settings. With the exception of running the throttle body adaptation, everything else in the drop down menu, when selected, is ultimately met with, “ABORTED: Safety Reasons-ERROR”.

What good are pictures ?

What is so hard about installing a vacuum gauge on a used or new oil cap & with a hole drilled through it to access the gases or to a dipstick tube guide having a rubber hose fastened to it?

Some guys drill a hole low and high to monitor both sides in engine now.

Seriously, if this is to hard to understand, you should not be doing this work now should you?

Post Thanks / Like
    Basic crimp/plug tests to isolate where the false air is coming from is always a good start, isn't it?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it is!
    Will do so later today. Really appreciate all the sage advice.

It would seem that all roads are leading towards 1) a new intake manifold and 2) new rear main seal. Given it’s the OEM part#: 06H-133-185-AA, approaching 140k running on a JHM K04-R/APR tune (previously ran APR stages 1 & 2 since 2010), I should be impressed it’s held up this long. Now, could the RMS leak have any bearing insofar as the car throwing up cofesvFC P2279?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it is!
    Will do so later today. Really appreciate all the sage advice.

It would seem that all roads are leading towards 1) a new intake manifold and 2) new rear main seal. Given it’s the OEM part#: 06H-133-185-AA, approaching 140k running on a JHM K04-R/APR tune (previously ran APR stages 1 & 2 since 2010), I should be impressed it’s held up this long. Now, could the RMS leak have any bearing insofar as the car throwing up cofesvFC P2279?
    What do you think?