Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Retrofitting AWD to Scirocco mk3

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    hello, i want to follow your idea on my leon cupra mk2 can you help me?
    i have original VCDS + all these items...... i need anything else???

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    That should be most of it.

I'm not familiar with Leon Cupra mk2 trunk floor, but I believe you may need to do some work with it to fit the rear axle.

Also, I had a lot of issues to get the ESP function - my original 2wd scirocco cluster did not work with 4wd Golf one - I had to use the Golf cluster internals. Someone with some firmware modifying skills can probably get it working.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Heikki J. View Post
    That should be most of it.

I'm not familiar with Leon Cupra mk2 trunk floor, but I believe you may need to do some work with it to fit the rear axle.

Also, I had a lot of issues to get the ESP function - my original 2wd scirocco cluster did not work with 4wd Golf one - I had to use the Golf cluster internals. Someone with some firmware modifying skills can probably get it working.
    thanks..... anyway... i have esp & ABS from the s3 my 2008 the same year of my leon cupra mk2

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Heikki J.
    I need your help for modifying scirocco fuel tank

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    What kind of help?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

to everyone doing the same or similar AWD swap-in setup: there has been a solution developed (and already successfully implemented on a couple of retrofits) in order to make all the components (Instrument cluster, ABS module, etc) work correctly. There will be no fault codes stored, the mileage shown on the cluster will be the original one, ABS module will have correct coding, no "Check Powertrain" fault and of course ESP will be fully and correctly working.

In order for the above to be accomplished, the original Instruments cluster and ABS module can be used - no need to remove or swap these components. This is being done using VCDS interface.

More details in Private Message but please write only after you have set everything else up.

Thank you.

8. Likes Henrick liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for any reply , i have started now.... to install FIX all parts.

i have installed ABS 4wd gen2 from audi s3 + yaw sensor 4wd( under the passenger seat ) , i have selected AWD option in Engine , AWD now status ok and properly coded ( i can see all haldex value example oil temp ecc.. ) at the moment i haven't engine installed and i can't finish power steering procedure to see steering angle on AWD , ABS , and 044 .( i can see only steering speed in second,Torque on steering ecc.... missing only degree į error stored: G85 frame freeze 00778 and 02546 steering n./init)

Also i have installed the second sender lever from the 4wd tank..... but i my J285 instrument cluster i can't selected channel 29/31 only channel 30. in the menu i can't selected 4wd trasmission.
    If i go in ADV. meas. block. i can see that OHM from 2nd line sender Work... because when i disconnet go to 500 ohm ( connection is Ok) and if i disconnet the 1st line sender i have an error and no fuel indication.

i need coding j285 instrument cluster to achieve 2nd lever sender.
    Can you help me? in my leon 2wd i haven't the same menu of any 4wd car!

Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by unipap View Post
    Thanks for any reply , i have started now.... to install FIX all parts.

i have installed ABS 4wd gen2 from audi s3 + yaw sensor 4wd( under the passenger seat ) , i have selected AWD option in Engine , AWD now status ok and properly coded ( i can see all haldex value example oil temp ecc.. ) at the moment i haven't engine installed and i can't finish power steering procedure to see steering angle on AWD , ABS , and 044 .( i can see only steering speed in second,Torque on steering ecc.... missing only degree į error stored: G85 frame freeze 00778 and 02546 steering n./init)

Also i have installed the second sender lever from the 4wd tank..... but i my J285 instrument cluster i can't selected channel 29/31 only channel 30. in the menu i can't selected 4wd trasmission.
    If i go in ADV. meas. block. i can see that OHM from 2nd line sender Work... because when i disconnet go to 500 ohm ( connection is Ok) and if i disconnet the 1st line sender i have an error and no fuel indication.

i need coding j285 instrument cluster to achieve 2nd lever sender.
    Can you help me? in my leon 2wd i haven't the same menu of any 4wd car!

Thanks
    Possible only via EPP change

read EPP and post it here, I can help you
    HOT HOT HOT VW Touran 2005 with ACC HOT HOT HOT

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a problem to weld the Quattro tank with the Scirocco tank neck but I did it finally. But, I still have a problem with the ABS ESP similar to yours and I donít have the Golf R cluster. Also, I have Scirocco 3D cluster waiting to be installed.
    Moreover, I canít select the AWD option in the ECU, maybe I need the ECU access code.
    This is the last things pending.