Retrofitting AWD to Scirocco mk3

Mostic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=297625
Hello,

to everyone doing the same or similar AWD swap-in setup: there has been a solution developed (and already successfully implemented on a couple of retrofits) in order to make all the components (Instrument cluster, ABS module, etc) work correctly. There will be no fault codes stored, the mileage shown on the cluster will be the original one, ABS module will have correct coding, no "Check Powertrain" fault and of course ESP will be fully and correctly working.

In order for the above to be accomplished, the original Instruments cluster and ABS module can be used - no need to remove or swap these components. This is being done using VCDS interface.

More details in Private Message but please write only after you have set everything else up.

Thank you.

Could you check my message below?
Thx

Mostic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=297625
Thanks for any reply , i have started now.... to install FIX all parts.

i have installed ABS 4wd gen2 from audi s3 + yaw sensor 4wd( under the passenger seat ) , i have selected AWD option in Engine , AWD now status ok and properly coded ( i can see all haldex value example oil temp ecc.. ) at the moment i haven't engine installed and i can't finish power steering procedure to see steering angle on AWD , ABS , and 044 .( i can see only steering speed in second,Torque on steering ecc.... missing only degree ° error stored: G85 frame freeze 00778 and 02546 steering n./init)

Also i have installed the second sender lever from the 4wd tank..... but i my J285 instrument cluster i can't selected channel 29/31 only channel 30. in the menu i can't selected 4wd trasmission.
If i go in ADV. meas. block. i can see that OHM from 2nd line sender Work... because when i disconnet go to 500 ohm ( connection is Ok) and if i disconnet the 1st line sender i have an error and no fuel indication.

i need coding j285 instrument cluster to achieve 2nd lever sender.
Can you help me? in my leon 2wd i haven't the same menu of any 4wd car!

Thanks

How did you select the AWD option in the engine ECU? Did you use an access code?

unipap

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=326595
How did you select the AWD option in the engine ECU? Did you use an access code?

I have installed s3 2.0 tfsi ecu.

Mostic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=297625
I have installed s3 2.0 tfsi ecu.

Did you select the AWD option from the engine using VCDS?
I tried before but it was rejected.
I believe it may need a security access cod or something similar.

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
simple find that eeprom inside cluster, and read
I think Mostic needs guidance about what software/hardware tools he needs to be able to read and program the EEPROM?

Mostic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=297625

Mostic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=297625
Do you think that installing Golf R ABS could solve this issue or I must reprogram the cluster?

golfi_vend

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=195131

Mostic

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=297625
Just tool isn't sufficient here. You need to handle soldering or hot air desolder quite good. Also reading about it isn't bad idea. Some links:

https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/reading-and-writing-serial-eeproms/all
and
https://www.dunt.at/nec-24c3264-eeprom-auslesen/

Random cheap reader from web:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fre...Reader-Writer-to-24C1024-3-IC/1134868132.html

Thanks...
All I need is to re-code the cluster and remove the ABS fault so I can finalize the project.
I found someone who can fix it for me.

Back