Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 00003 instrument cluster -500

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Let me repeat what I said above:

From the pull-down menu on the SRI screen, select "Service Reset (USA only)", then click [Perform SRI].

After it has finished, go back to the main screen and cycle the ignition off and back on again, then take a look at what you've got.

You may also find the first two minutes of the video at the bottom of the manual page helpful (although the rest, where it talks about UDS, is not applicable to your car).

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Verified VCDS-User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitz View Post
    So the screen you pointed comes up after I run srt are you saying run it twice? Thank you very much
    Once again my software goes right to performing the the reset after clicking reset srt button. Then after the reset I get the option to perform the test again with the additional sub options available. I'll try to reinstall the software.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Once again my software goes right to performing the the reset after clicking reset srt button. Then after the reset I get the option to perform the test again with the additional sub options available. I'll try to reinstall the software.
    I think you're misinterpreting what it's doing.

When you click the [SRI Reset] button on this screen:

The software READS the contents of the SRI-releated channels so you can look at what's in them.

When it's done, you have a screen like this:

It will not CHANGE any channels until you select an operation from the drop-down menu:

And then click the [Perform SRI] button.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

4. Likes PetrolDave, DrPeter liked this post
    Verified VCDS-User
    Post Thanks / Like
    So the screen you pointed comes up after I run srt are you saying run it twice? Thank you very much
    I got it now, exactly as you say the first clicks how's the existing settings and the second window actually does the reset. Thank you