Thread: MK7 Golf BCM Replacement and Keys

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like

MK7 Golf BCM Replacement and Keys

I am replacing my Mk7 Golf Sportwagen BCM, I am going from part number 5Q0-937-087-Q to 5Q0-937-087-R which was pulled from a wrecked car.

I am creating an Adaptation Maps of each channel of my current BCM prior to visiting a dealership to remove the Component Protection on the 'new' BCM.

I have a standard ignition (non-KESSY) and was wondering if the following is valid:
    1. Bring my car to the dealership with original BCM installed.
    2. Swap to the new BCMs and have them program the keys.
    3. Swap back to my original BCM and still have my keys function with it.

I like having back out plans for my projects and swapping back to the original part would be ideal without having to reprogram keys again.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi

The dealer can swap the BCM and set up your keys, which you need to start the car!
    The dealer have software called ODIS which has the capability of swapping a BCM and coding it. Whether they will do it for you or not depends on how willing they are, as some dealers will only program a new module. You will only know by asking, failing in which there are plenty of independent garages with access to VW servers who can do it all for it, if you are not comfortable.

3. Likes Chimuel, iichel liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! I have a good relationship with the dealership (also my APR dealer) and they are willing to do the work. My main concern is if I want to switch back to my original BCM if the keys will still work or if it will need to be reprogrammed again.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    The keys won't work.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    you'll also have to go to the dealer again. EVERYTIME you swap a module with CP, CP kicks in again.

7. Likes Chimuel liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I tried this on a 4G A6. The used BCM would not allow us to adapt the keys to the car so it failed at the first hurdle. This was with a genuine ODIS connection. Manged to get a brand new unit to try at some point. Been told by some people that they can code a used unit but yet to see ... Could be different on the VW modules?
    A6 BiTdi Avant MTM
    Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Power Tailgate, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, RS6 Seats,Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds, Electric Steering Column, LED Sill Plates, Ambient Lighting Pack, High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Interior Retrim

9. Likes Chimuel liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by morski View Post
    I tried this on a 4G A6. The used BCM would not allow us to adapt the keys to the car so it failed at the first hurdle. This was with a genuine ODIS connection. Manged to get a brand new unit to try at some point. Been told by some people that they can code a used unit but yet to see ... Could be different on the VW modules?
    I suppose I'll find out next week!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got this done finally --too much weather action here in the US so I kept having to move my appointment. My used part went in and was programmed successfully by the dealer!

Cheers

12. Likes D-Dub, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    just for the sake of information, when the BCM is replaced in the Golf 7, it is the keyfob that stops working. if you have more than one, usually it's two, all of them will need to be "learned" by the new BCM.

but the hard key(s) will always start the car, no need to touch immo at all.

14. Likes Uwe liked this post