2010 VW Polo Match

jaks14

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=340649
Guys is there anyway to switch off the Headlights (permanently on) with VCDS? I’ve went through the long coding helper and can’t see any options which would disable it. I’ve looked through a couple of videos I’ve found online and maybe it’s the “Parking Light” option that needs to be unchecked?

The car is one of my pals and it’s doing his head in with the lights being on permanent..

Any advice would be greatly appreciated 👍🏼

Unable to plug in again to provide a full read at the moment.. he says a lot of Polo owners seem infuriated with this issue.. I think it must be the first year of the DRL implementation..

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
We're going to need a full Auto-Scan of your friends Polo.

Sounds like the DRL implementation is dimmed headlights like Volvo used to do.

Reactions: Uwe

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
Isn't such a car, the 6R, supposed to have DRL in some fasion? Are you installing DRL in a different way?

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Isn't such a car, the 6R, supposed to have DRL in some fasion? Are you installing DRL in a different way?
DRLs only became legally required in the EU on cars first type approved from February 2011, so a 2010 model doesn't legally require DRLs.

Vehicle manufacturers must fit DRL to new types of passenger car and light goods vehicle (car derived vans) type approved to European vehicle requirements from February 2011[SUP]1[/SUP] . In practice this means that any new model launched after this date, and many launched before, will be fitted with DRL. However, existing models on sale before this date without DRL fitted can continue to be sold and used indefinitely.

See https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/daytime-running-lights/daytime-running-lights

Reactions: Uwe

iichel

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=284912
Oh okay, well, in that case:
- Remove pins 3 and 6 from the light switch connector and isolate them
- Deactivate byte 12 bit 0 in the central electrics (BCM, module 09)

tadaa

Back