Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Memory Seats Retrofit S5 F5 B9 - SPORTBACK

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    If the locking bar doesn't want to move outwards on one side (2nd pic), you could try pushing it in on the other side (1st pic).

But for extracting the wiring terminals from the connector, I'd suggest getting a set of removal tools such as these https://www.ebay.com/bhp/terminal-removal-tool

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks @siLc, I have a set of terminal removal tools, the bar just doesn't want to budge though. I'm hoping its just a damaged connector and the one on my car will move

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    That bar has two latches that need to be lifted before it can slide out.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by o33err View Post
    That bar has two latches that need to be lifted before it can slide out.
    Yes, I tried that too

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    The side where you see the writing on it; push that in! its the opposite on these
    A6 BiTdi Avant MTM
    Retrofitted: Full Led Headlights, DAB, Full Electric Seats, Power Tailgate, Surround View Cameras, Genuine RS6 Grille, RS6 Seats,Leather Door Armrests, Soft Close Doors, Rear Side Blinds, Electric Steering Column, LED Sill Plates, Ambient Lighting Pack, High Beam Assist, Eibach Springs, Led Roof Console, 4 Zone Climate, Rear Heated Seats, Head Up Display, Side assist, Alcantara Interior Retrim

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had issues as well. Pretty much destroyed the locking bar to get the pins in. Odd thing was on the other seat I had no issues. Just seems those locking bars aren't made like they used to be..

Just make sure all the pins are pushed forward and there is no tension on the wires. It doesn't take much tension to jam those locks in.

Good Luck.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just an update on this one, got this all working today after a couple of days of headache!!!!

@VAG_David was spot on with this, had to replace two wiring looms in the drivers seats as well as the seat adjustment switch, the massage and lumbar etc was unaffected.

Changing the wiring looms was relatively simple once the seat was out of the car, observing airbag precautions of course. The one motor int he seat back is fairly easy to access if you drop the metal bar out of the way.

Two can wires need to be ran to the base of the seat, easiest way is from the rear seat.

Following this I had big problems which was a silly mistake on my side, I used a 'G' controller which is actually from a 3rd row in a Q7, this did not work at all and gave an interesting error (for an S5) on the dash saying the seat positions in the 3rd row seats were not correct. A good friend sent me an 'A' controller from an S5 Coupe and after a bit of recoding this works perfectly.

Thanks for everyone's input, hopefully with the help of @andyhud tomorrow the remaining retrofits (360 camera, PLA, Direct TPMS) will be completed and I can get back to enjoying this car

Cheers, Andy

8. Likes Uwe, jyoung8607, andyhud liked this post