Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Memory Seats Retrofit S5 F5 B9 - SPORTBACK

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I take it back, not that cheap, got one ordered though so I hope you are right

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did I mention I just did this retrofit last week....
    This is what I do for a living. Done a few mods to the B9 including over 20 cars for PLA, at least 30 for RVC not including the QQ2 20 lights coloured lighting conversion and the memory seat. Also did a few direct TPMS which is very cool but looks best on VC.

3. Likes DarkyUK liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    The PLA is something I am doing too as I have added the Side Assist and 360 cameras, so when the rear bumper was off (andyhud is helping me) we did the rear extra two sensors and when the front bumper is off later we will add the two front ones.

Is the direct TPMS a big job, I was interested in that?

I did look again at the codes in ETKA and I think you are correct on the switch. You certainly know what you are talking about.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just make sure you get the proper sensor holders for the front for the PLA. My supplier is great for those and our retrofits are all original. I can do those in my sleep now, I even have a script in VCP to auto code the car so I don't have to go through 4-5 modules to set them up.

TPMS is a walk in the park to install.

Mount the module under the rear left side. There is one mounting screw there that the holder can go onto and it's fairly firm. Now I do have an RS5 mounting bracket here I never used. Was no good on the A4's here as I think you have to have Quattro for the mounting bracket to attach to and that is a very rare option on the A4's here.
    For the wiring, you sneak the wires in through the spare tire area where there is a rubber grommet. power to the fuse box and the ground to grounding point just above the fuse box. Then 2 can bus wires under the back seat to the extended can which is what your camera is using so you know it's there already.

The hardest part about TPMS is getting rid of the existing TPMS if you have it. No one in the business is going to shout out the ABS coding to disable the old system.
    If you really want to do that one let me know.. I think I have enough parts to do 6-7 cars.

Careful if you buy parts off eBay or something for that one. Unless you get a used module there is no parameters and the module is useless. Unless you have ways of loading parameters that is.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've sent you a PM David, got some used parts coming from eBay, assuming I read your post correct thats what you suggest right, due to parameters. I have VCDS naturally but not VCP.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    @VAG_David

Thanks for the sharing of the useful info to Andy, great help. Yes, I'm helping Andy with his retrofits and we have started the PLA install , done Side Assist, RCTA and Exit Warning and then we put the memory buttons in the door trim (3 into T32a plus 2 spliced like yo mention) but then no seat memory module so we need to swap those looms and buttons out as you mentioned. Appreciate that info.

I've also done Direct TPMS on my Q7 2016+ but struggling on the ABS coding - https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...-Module-Coding

I know Andy wants to do the Direct TPMS also, and we are both on MLBEvo platform so some things should be similar in that respect but if you have info or discuss some options in helping us then I'm sure Andy and myself are open to it

We have VCP/VCDS/ODIS-S/ODIS-E

Cheers

Andy (yep, also Andy)
    Q7 272PS | ABT Tuned to 325PS / 680Nm | Tech Pack | Dynamic Pack | Matrix Lights | Pan Roof | Trailer | Drv+Pass Mem Seats | TV | N-Vision | BOSE | DVD Changer | Homelink | Soft Door Close | Heat+Sound Ins Glass | Priv Glass | Heated Windscreen | Heated Steer Wheel | Adv Key | Elec Boot Cover | Side Assist | Air Suspension | Ambient Lighting | Heated+Fold Mirrors | Park Assist Pack | Load Fix Kit | Black Turbine Alloys | Matte Black Wrap

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well the first seat wiring harness arrived today, just waiting on the second one now and the switch now

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi All,

Has anyone ever taken one of these sockets to pieces? Its the red connector under the front seats in an Audi A4/A5 etc and I need to add two CAN connections. I got this spare off of eBay and have basically ended up destroying it trying to get it open to remove or add connections.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its usually sufficient to slightly push out the purple locking bar and then use a terminal removal tool to remove the terminals. You could try to use couple of thicker sewing needles.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I did try but the purple bar doesn't want to move, I wonder if they trashed this one a bit when they removed it from the donor car as it was a scrapper.