Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Memory Seats Retrofit S5 F5 B9 - SPORTBACK

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Best double check the part number but I think you need 8W0 971 369 R as well.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've just checked in ETKA again and there is only one harness for the seat on the 2017 A5 Sportback.

I did check the switches, they are the same now for memory and non memory seats, they did used to be different though.

Only bits I have on order are the seat memory controller, the harness and the holder for the controller. The seat buttons, new trim and wiring for the switch is already in place and the door controllers have all been swapped for high versions as we have added side assist also.

Cheers, Andy

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, now I see, the Lumbar and backrest has a different harness. Thats annoying.... Thats a lot of connectors in the seat lol

Thanks David

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkyUK View Post

I did check the switches, they are the same now for memory and non memory seats, they did used to be different though.

Cheers, Andy
    Not true. Take it from someone in the business that has done this retrofit. The original switches control the motors directly, the new switches are signal switches that just tell the module what to do. Wiring and plugs are different. Only switch the same is the lumbar switch... look up. 8W0 959 748 A

5. Likes jyoung8607 liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi David,

I have a huge amount of respect for you mate. Looking in ETKA now the switch for height, rake, backrest etc is 4M0 959 748 and that says its covers 3L4 and 3L5 which is with and without memory? There is no separate product for 3L4 or 3L5.

Thanks for the heads up on the extra wiring loom, just asked for a price for it now!

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Trust me, it took me a few tries to get all the part numbers correct and all the parts. I had everything before I realised that there was another harness. The Codes 3L4 and 3L5 are confusing. Because yes it is correct but only if the switch is passenger switch on LHD drive. Then the codes still make sense.. You think this one is fun. Try the QQ2 ambient lighting

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    These are the only items I can find for that switch:

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    P.S. Thankfully I have the extended lighting

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    just want back through my parts order and 8W0 959 748 A is the switch I ordered.

11. Likes DarkyUK liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks David, it looks like a fairly cheap part so I will order one just in case