Memory Seats Retrofit S5 F5 B9 - SPORTBACK

DarkyUK

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=61560
I take it back, not that cheap, got one ordered though so I hope you are right :)

VAG_David

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=137034
Did I mention I just did this retrofit last week....
This is what I do for a living. Done a few mods to the B9 including over 20 cars for PLA, at least 30 for RVC not including the QQ2 20 lights coloured lighting conversion and the memory seat. Also did a few direct TPMS which is very cool but looks best on VC.

DarkyUK

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=61560
The PLA is something I am doing too as I have added the Side Assist and 360 cameras, so when the rear bumper was off (andyhud is helping me) we did the rear extra two sensors and when the front bumper is off later we will add the two front ones.

Is the direct TPMS a big job, I was interested in that?

I did look again at the codes in ETKA and I think you are correct on the switch. You certainly know what you are talking about.

VAG_David

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=137034
Just make sure you get the proper sensor holders for the front for the PLA. My supplier is great for those and our retrofits are all original. I can do those in my sleep now, I even have a script in VCP to auto code the car so I don't have to go through 4-5 modules to set them up.

TPMS is a walk in the park to install.

Mount the module under the rear left side. There is one mounting screw there that the holder can go onto and it's fairly firm. Now I do have an RS5 mounting bracket here I never used. Was no good on the A4's here as I think you have to have Quattro for the mounting bracket to attach to and that is a very rare option on the A4's here.
For the wiring, you sneak the wires in through the spare tire area where there is a rubber grommet. power to the fuse box and the ground to grounding point just above the fuse box. Then 2 can bus wires under the back seat to the extended can which is what your camera is using so you know it's there already.

The hardest part about TPMS is getting rid of the existing TPMS if you have it. No one in the business is going to shout out the ABS coding to disable the old system.
If you really want to do that one let me know.. I think I have enough parts to do 6-7 cars.

Careful if you buy parts off eBay or something for that one. Unless you get a used module there is no parameters and the module is useless. Unless you have ways of loading parameters that is.

DarkyUK

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=61560
I've sent you a PM David, got some used parts coming from eBay, assuming I read your post correct thats what you suggest right, due to parameters. I have VCDS naturally but not VCP. :)

andyhud

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=32695
@VAG_David

Thanks for the sharing of the useful info to Andy, great help. Yes, I'm helping Andy with his retrofits and we have started the PLA install , done Side Assist, RCTA and Exit Warning and then we put the memory buttons in the door trim (3 into T32a plus 2 spliced like yo mention) but then no seat memory module so we need to swap those looms and buttons out as you mentioned. Appreciate that info.

I've also done Direct TPMS on my Q7 2016+ but struggling on the ABS coding - https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?15127-Q7-4M-ABS-Module-Coding

I know Andy wants to do the Direct TPMS also, and we are both on MLBEvo platform so some things should be similar in that respect but if you have info or discuss some options in helping us then I'm sure Andy and myself are open to it

We have VCP/VCDS/ODIS-S/ODIS-E

Cheers

Andy (yep, also Andy)

DarkyUK

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=61560
Well the first seat wiring harness arrived today, just waiting on the second one now and the switch now :)

DarkyUK

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=61560
Hi All,

Has anyone ever taken one of these sockets to pieces? Its the red connector under the front seats in an Audi A4/A5 etc and I need to add two CAN connections. I got this spare off of eBay and have basically ended up destroying it trying to get it open to remove or add connections.

fqpwCZ.jpg

D7hyfz.jpg

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
Its usually sufficient to slightly push out the purple locking bar and then use a terminal removal tool to remove the terminals. You could try to use couple of thicker sewing needles.

DarkyUK

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=61560
Yeah, I did try but the purple bar doesn't want to move, I wonder if they trashed this one a bit when they removed it from the donor car as it was a scrapper.

siLc

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=330192
If the locking bar doesn't want to move outwards on one side (2nd pic), you could try pushing it in on the other side (1st pic).

But for extracting the wiring terminals from the connector, I'd suggest getting a set of removal tools such as these https://www.ebay.com/bhp/terminal-removal-tool

DarkyUK

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=61560
Thanks @siLc, I have a set of terminal removal tools, the bar just doesn't want to budge though. I'm hoping its just a damaged connector and the one on my car will move :)

o33err

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=317589
That bar has two latches that need to be lifted before it can slide out.

DarkyUK

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=61560

Morski

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=90186
The side where you see the writing on it; push that in! its the opposite on these

VAG_David

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=137034
I had issues as well. Pretty much destroyed the locking bar to get the pins in. Odd thing was on the other seat I had no issues. Just seems those locking bars aren't made like they used to be..

Just make sure all the pins are pushed forward and there is no tension on the wires. It doesn't take much tension to jam those locks in.

Good Luck.

DarkyUK

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=61560
Just an update on this one, got this all working today after a couple of days of headache!!!!

@VAG_David was spot on with this, had to replace two wiring looms in the drivers seats as well as the seat adjustment switch, the massage and lumbar etc was unaffected.

Changing the wiring looms was relatively simple once the seat was out of the car, observing airbag precautions of course. The one motor int he seat back is fairly easy to access if you drop the metal bar out of the way.

Two can wires need to be ran to the base of the seat, easiest way is from the rear seat.

Following this I had big problems which was a silly mistake on my side, I used a 'G' controller which is actually from a 3rd row in a Q7, this did not work at all and gave an interesting error (for an S5) on the dash saying the seat positions in the 3rd row seats were not correct. A good friend sent me an 'A' controller from an S5 Coupe and after a bit of recoding this works perfectly.

Thanks for everyone's input, hopefully with the help of @andyhud tomorrow the remaining retrofits (360 camera, PLA, Direct TPMS) will be completed and I can get back to enjoying this car :)

Cheers, Andy

Back