Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Touran 1.6TDI CRKB DSG, gear selector problems

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jef View Post
    Yep, you are looking for something like this:
    Yes, I understood that part number would be 5Q1-713-059-K.

But what confuses me, is that when I search for example Ebay for used part with that number, I get a lot of hits. But when looking closer to listings, if they have pictures of gear selector, the selector itself has various numbers that differ.

And this car that we have and needs a new selector... as said we took it apart and gear selector has part number 5QB-713-023-B. What is this number? Definitely not the same as parts list picture above.

I'm guessing that if I buy any part that is listed as number 5Q1-713-059-K, it will not fit if the selector itself has different number than original.

But luckily, we are now waiting for dealer to respond what it would cost if they repair the car. It seems that it just MIGHT be that the cost would be reasonable, as they would pay some part of it, because the car is just 2,5 years old and definitely should not break yet...

Post Thanks / Like
    5Q1-713-059-K is a replacement part number. It is very possible it was not a part number used during manufacturing. I've seen many cases were factory installed part numbers are unique to the manufacturing process and if you give that number to the VW/Audi dealer to order, you'd get the replacement part number.

When I search for part number 5QB-713-023-B, the only thing I turn up are used gear selectors, I don't find it referenced in any documentation I have available to me. It is possible that 5QB-713-023-B is an assembly of items (gear selector, cable, electronics, brackets, ect) and is factory only. When you go to order replacements, instead of a bulk of pre-assembled item, you are just ordering bits and pieces.

Just to add to the fun and games... and FYI... looks like there are 6 different mechanical cable part numbers to pick from based on date of production.

Go to your VW dealer, have them run the VIN and look at page 713-010, you will see item 3 is the 5Q1-713-059-K part number. If you go with some used option, strip it down to the bare selector and swap other parts back over.
    Jef
    Ross Tech Support Team, Alpha Squad
    Auto-Scan, learn it, love it, live it... then check the fuses.

3. Likes Uwe, Mika_M, NZDubNurd liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dealer finally came through with an answer, they will charge only for the new part and do the changing work for free. So no point of trying to find a used part any more, even if it would be little cheaper since then we would have to change it too... We do put some price tag for our free time.

Thanks anyway for all who tried to help with this! Learned something new about VAG part numbering...

Post Thanks / Like
    What part number are they going with?
    Jef
    Ross Tech Support Team, Alpha Squad
    Auto-Scan, learn it, love it, live it... then check the fuses.

NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vehicle Identification No. WVGZZZ1TZGW523621
    Model Touran 1,6 BlueMotion
    Technology
    TOU
    Date of production 12.11.2015
    Year 2016
    Sales type 5T133Z
    Engine Code CRKB
    Transmission Code REV

Yeah, well I'd be asking questions about why the mech unit for that car changed so many times and is there an extended warranty on that too or service action/campaign & since it possibly illuminated the MIL?

Here cars/light trucks get a useful life warranty of 120 to 150K or 10-15 years & depending on the certification type if a SMOG related factor, right?

Do you get a DTC in OBD2 mode?

Here if it lights an MIL, right, it is under that aforementioned warranty regardless of power-train warranty that is stipulated with sale?

OP: would you please post your Mode 9 data?

P3054 19510 - Starter Will Not Turn: Jammed or Electrical Malfunction

Possible Symptoms

• MIL On
    • Engine will not crank over

Possible Causes

• Failed stater
    • Wiring harness issue
    • Faulty park or multi function switch

Possible Solutions
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jef View Post
    What part number are they going with?
    No idea, maybe we will see after they have done it, from paperwork.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack@European_Parts View Post
    Yeah, well I'd be asking questions about why the mech unit for that car changed so many times and is there an extended warranty on that too or service action/campaign & since it possibly illuminated the MIL?
    I have no idea what you mean by "why the mech unit for that car changed so many times"?

That "starter will not turn" can be ignored, it has something to do with alcolock. If you turn the key to start but forget to do the alcotest first, it gives this. This vehicle is used (among other things) to transport children to school and therefore it's mandatory to have alcolock here in Finland.

It does not light MIL nor does it do any other harm, it just is there.

9. Likes Jack@European_Parts liked this post