Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Golf 7 lost AIR CARE after swapping Climatronic panel

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had to swap the panel mainly for heated seats buttons, then I thought, since I have to swap, I'll get one with the Webasto button as well. you know, just because.

I think the easiest solution is that I live without the AIR CARE feature. I can breathe just fine while driving

thank you all.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jep. I agree. One of the most unneeded functions in my opinion. It needs the double priced air filter as well.

I have it in my own car (Volvo V90, called CleanAir) and don’t have it in my wife’s Seat Leon. I haven’t had a single problem in breathing in either one and accidental gas leaks from passengers smell as bad in both

3. Likes Uwe, NZDubNurd liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    mmm, how does it NEED the more expensive cabin filter, the car doesn't know what filter gets installed.

anyway, who cares. it's just that I am not completely satisfied until I discover what made the feature disappear.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Technically it does not know that in any way, it is just the requirement dictated by VW in line with AirCare climatronic.
    Maybe the whole idea of AirCare is the biofilter. Climatronic panel does not have any difference. I have air quality sensor in our Seat and it changes the airflow from fresh air to circulation if there’s bad air quality.
    VAG just has invented a name for the absurdly priced filter.

What was the part number of your old climatronic panel?
    Last edited by downtime; 08-31-2018 at 03:03 PM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not home so can't answer everything, but there must be a difference somewhere. with the original panel I see AIR CARE on the screen, it can be activated, while with the new panel I don't see it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by darkchina811 View Post
    anyway, who cares. it's just that I am not completely satisfied until I discover what made the feature disappear.
    Not all climate control panels support auto-recirculation (AirCare), on my previous Audi I ordered it as an option and the climate control panel had different buttons and a different part number.

Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    What was the part number of your old climatronic panel?
    Knowing the part number of both you previous and retrofitted climate control panel is IMHO key to understanding why the feature has disappeared.

It may be that either:
    - the new panel doesn't support AirCare and you need a different one; OR
    - you need to make coding and/or adaptation changes.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    the auto-recirculation option is still present in the menu, while the AIR CARE is gone, so I think AIR CARE is something else.

if you go scroll the thread up I already pointed out the part number for the original panel

Post Thanks / Like
    Firmware may be flashable to aupport AirCare. It also may not. We need p/n-s.
    I am a VW Freak - Le WV Freaks OR Come visit me at my work with ODIS concerns - FORSS ODIS GeKo/FaZit access for VW/AUDI/Škoda
    The world is my oyster...

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Climatronic that came with the car is 5G0 907 044 BK (H04 1601), no heated seats and no Webasto buttons. AIR CARE present.

the one installed now, with all buttons, is 5G0 907 044 BE (H03 1001). I have the buttons I need but AIR CARE is gone.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hardware is different. Old has H04, new one H03. Also new one has lower software version than old one.

Like Golfi_vend wrote, the sw might be flashable to newer version supporting AirCare, maybe. Erwin unfortunately did not contain upgrade file for the climatronic, but I know that they are not obtainable that easy from there.

And no need to have such pointy attitude. People here try to help, and to be able to do that, as nobody else has access to your car and there are no telepathic skills obtained yet, we need as much information as possible. Your latest post provided the info what takes things forward now.

And about AirCare. As far as I know it's just a brand for the biofilter VAG introduced couple of years ago. The air ducts are exactly the same, the flap motors are the same and air recirculation is the same.