Mk7 Golf/GSW LED Reverse Light Coding

Blade3562

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=310127
Picked up some Phillips 921 LEDs to improve the awful reverse light brightness on my Mk7s. I currently have no bulb errors, but I want to code them properly to insure it stays that way!

The light channels are Leuchte 28RFL and Lecuthe 29RFL. For the led plate lights I had to change lasttyp to "43 - allgemeine LED" and change dimmerwert AB from 100 to 127.

I understand the dimmerwert function adjusts brightness and the full brightness for LEDs is 127. Sadly I'm lost when it comes to the bulb types. When I reference the available bulb types it seems there are several LED lasttyp that would for this application, mainly 32, 37, 40, 43, and 45.
qTQfOfo.png

hadez16

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=289891
Just try 43. It does no harm.
The worst thing that could happen is that you get a bulb error. Then try another Lasttyp.

Blade3562

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=310127
Hadez looks like 43 works! Thanks! Any explanation on the differences between the different LED lasttyps or should I just assume 43 automatically for any general non brake/turn/headlight LED

hadez16

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=289891
Behind each Lasttyp (load type) is propably a specific resistor value regarding bulb error detection.
The most common goal is to get it to work so you pick any Lasttyp that brings no error.

What we do not know is if there really came an error when the bulb is faulty because of any hardcoded resistor value...

As LEDs do not break that often...this might not be that important.

Reactions: Uwe

DV52

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=194404
^^^ Blade: Notwithstanding hadez16's sage reply, I suspect the problem with your first choice of Lasttyp setting, was your dimmwert setting.

Not all LED settings in the Lastyyp channel will support a value of 127 - lots still have a max setting of 100 (just like incandescent lamps). This doesn't mean that the illumination is any less - it simply means less graduations between max and min values.

Don

PetrolDave

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1423
Not all LED settings in the Lastyyp channel will support a value of 127 - lots still have a max setting of 100 (just like incandescent lamps).
Don - is there a definitive (or even partial) list of the maximum value for all Lasttyp values? - or is that WIP?

Back