Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 Sportwagen Comforline Sign Recognition Coding

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Why are you changing byte 6 in 5F?
    That's part of the speaker config.
    You should leave that alone...

I think you are meaning to change byte 24 (the very last byte in your 5F coding string) from 02 to 42. This will enable traffic sign display (VZE).

So your 5F coding should be:
    02731200FF00000051220001001828001F0500D40120050042
    I updated VCDS and the coding is now 02731200FF00000051220001001828001F0500D40120050042 . I used the long coding to to generate 02731200FF00000051220001001828001F0500D40120050042 .

Here is the latest autoscan
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=19A...1fDpWVuTGyUni2

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have TSR working with a Composition Media, no navigation. it works but it will generate a warning on the cluster, something like "TSR currently restricted". it only happens once per ignition cycle.

my autoscan/admaps are in the non-broken section.
    my Golf came out of the factory with 13 ECUs. now she has 19. and counting

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Important caveat - I'm certainly not an expert in TSR. But purely from my reading from other web pages, I believe that the function does operate with information from both the camera and SATNAV. But as I have read (and I can't remember where I read this), TSR can be used in vehicles that don't have SATNAV fitted

From the notes that I have written (from somewhere - apology for not providing attribution), I understand that there are 3 x options for the channel IDE04733-Road sign detection fusion mode in the hexA5 module

1. Electric Horizon - TSR only uses navigation data
    2. Sign recognition - TSR only uses camera data. This means that TSR only detects actual road signs that have compatible official protocols such as size, shape etc. This also means that detected information (i.e. speed limits) is retained until a new "compatible" road sign is detected. So if non-compatible road signs are used by the authorities in the journey -and they are not detected- the TSR limit displayed will be incorrect
    3. Fusion - as the name suggests, this is a combination of (1) and (2) above: TSR uses (mystic) algorithms to decide what traffic sign data is used and the limit that is displayed is the result of these algorithms. This is the default setting where TSR is factory fitted.

So- if SATNAV is missing in OP's car- perhaps try option (2) above

Don

PS: Should "TSR" be included in the forum lexicon?
    Last edited by DV52; 09-19-2019 at 06:28 PM. Reason: hmm... dubious logic removed!!
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes, and I am using option 2, so the displayed speed limit is often wrong.
    my Golf came out of the factory with 13 ECUs. now she has 19. and counting

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ OOps - my bad. I didn't mean to steal your thunder! Just hadn't understood that these options were discussed

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Fusion - as the name suggests, this is a combination of (1) and (2) above: TSR uses (mystic) algorithms to decide what traffic sign data is used and the limit that is displayed is the result of these algorithms. This is the default setting where TSR is factory fitted.
    I think fusion mode mainly uses navigation PSD to do an extra plausibility check on the signs and speed limits it sees.

The following is a bad automated translation of the VZE chapter of a really fascinating document I recently came across.

Traffic sign recognition - Traffic sign recognition (VZE) Gen.1

Functional description
    A multifunctional camera captures the environment in front of the car. The individual video images are transferred to the image processing module traffic sign recognition (VZE) of the multifunction camera, which examines the image material for known traffic signs. Speed ​​limits and overtaking bans including additional signs as well as the associated suspensions are evaluated. In addition, predictive route data (PSD) is provided by an interface from the navigation system. These serve to support all calculations which are necessary for the determination or filtering of the information relevant for the function. These include current speed limits and events that may occur as the journey progresses.

If the camera detects a traffic sign, it is checked for plausibility, relevance and validity (conditional traffic signs) using the predictive route data. If the test is positive, the recognized traffic sign is displayed in the instrument cluster for the duration of its validity. It is also possible to process and output only the predictive route data. On the basis of navigation data alone, for example, location limits can be determined and the valid administrative bids for inner cities (in Germany 50 km / h) and out-of-town destinations (in Germany 100 km / h) determined and output. Speed ​​limits and overtaking bans including additional signs as well as the associated suspensions are evaluated.

A warning when exceeding the permissible maximum speed does not occur.

In the head unit trailer operation can be activated or deactivated. An automatic recognition of a trailer via CAN does not take place.

If a traffic sign can not be correctly recognized, for example due to contamination, but classified correctly, the PSD data is used and, if the class matches, the traffic sign of the PSD data is displayed in the instrument cluster and additionally in the head unit. If a traffic sign is detected by the camera, which is not scope of the PSD data (for example by outdated route data or due to a signposted construction site, etc.), this will be plausibility checked and checked on the basis of the current situation evaluation and the driver in the station wagon if the result is positive output.

Driver information
    The recognized traffic sign is displayed for the duration of its validity as a graphic traffic sign in the instrument cluster and additionally in the head unit.

Operation
    Traffic sign recognition Traffic sign recognition can be activated or deactivated via the FAS combination menu or the "Assistant" setting menu in the head unit.
    Silence gives consent.

7. Likes DV52, Uwe liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DV52 View Post
    Sign recognition - TSR only uses camera data. This means that TSR only detects actual road signs that have compatible official protocols such as size, shape etc. This also means that detected information (i.e. speed limits) is retained until a new "compatible" road sign is detected. So if non-compatible road signs are used by the authorities in the journey -and they are not detected- the TSR limit displayed will be incorrect
    I read something similar on vwvortex on the Golf R TSR thread. They were saying that the North American map data isn't accurate. After reading that, I thought I would try again. I'm missing something still. It's not working yet. I just need to find some time and keep plugging away at it.