Thread: My VW Bora Mystery

Pirate
    Post Thanks / Like

My VW Bora Mystery

Good day,

My name is Paul Iroha, I am writing you from Nigeria.
    I have an issue with my 2002 VW Bora (VIN: WVWZZZ1JZ2W000258), which is so strange to me. I have a "no communication" issues between my Engine control module (ECM) and my transmission control module (TCM).
    When you scan (with VCDS Lite) the TCM, these codes are gotten: 00518, 00529, 00545, 01314. On the ECM, you have 01315 code. On the CAN gateway, 001315
    Now, when you start the car for the first time in the day, it revs up and attempts to stall. The second and subsequent starts follow the normal start sequence.
    When you engage the car on drive mode, the car shifts normally from gears 1-4. After some time, it will now stay in gear 3 and will not upshift or downshift from there. If you turn off the engine and restart the car again, the shifting returns to normal. This cycle continues once in every 2hrs or your driving pattern.
    The power feeds and grounds to both TCM and ECM are good. The CANBUS wires resistance on both modules re good(62 ohms as stated in the technical service bulletin). When you check some measuring block values on the TCM, you could see communication between the VAGCOM and the TCM.
    The fuses of these modules are also very good. The relays are also in good order. I have cleaned the throttle valve body also.
    I have done everything I could but cannot get to the cause of this mistery on my car.
    VW dealership does not support this car anymore and really couldn't help me.
    I love this car so much and would not want to let go.
    Please any assistance to unravel this mistery will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Please post a full VCDS Auto-Scan - see my signature for How-To.

3. Likes iichel, Uwe, Eric liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Since he's using VCDS lite, the procedure is slightly different: http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds-lite/manual/autoscan.html

Pirate
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PetrolDave View Post
    Please post a full VCDS Auto-Scan - see my signature for How-To.
    Code:
    Removed.  Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not welcome here.
    Last edited by Uwe; 08-21-2018 at 09:16 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    You do not use [Code] Tags. Thread lock untili further notice.

7. Likes iichel, Uwe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Thread moved to the appropriate section and unlocked.

Getting help on this forum requires the use of a legitimate VCDS system.

They are available directly from us:
    https://store.ross-tech.com/shop/cat/VCDS

... Or from any of our authorized resellers:
    http://www.ross-tech.com/distributors.php

Let us know via PM if/when you get one so we can adjust your forum status.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

Pirate
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am in talks with Andy and Olga of VCDS. VCDS is not sold or shipped shipped in my region. So what do I do@Uwe? If you can give me valid distributors who ship to my country Nigeria, that will be appreciated. I had since discontinued to use the current one as it's not authentic. Many thanks.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauliroha View Post
    I am in talks with Andy and Olga of VCDS. VCDS is not sold or shipped shipped in my region. So what do I do@Uwe? If you can give me valid distributors who ship to my country Nigeria, that will be appreciated. I had since discontinued to use the current one as it's not authentic. Many thanks.
    Hello Oga,I was once in your shoes,VCDS isn't sold in Kenya,no distributor,closest one in Azania....I got a shipping agency in the US that ships to my country, had them buy,and register in my name,and ship to my workplace, and now life is sweet,follow that route........MY VCDS....MY LIFE,

11. Likes Uwe, Jack@European_Parts liked this post