My VW Bora Mystery

Pauliroha

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Good day,

My name is Paul Iroha, I am writing you from Nigeria.
I have an issue with my 2002 VW Bora (VIN: WVWZZZ1JZ2W000258), which is so strange to me. I have a "no communication" issues between my Engine control module (ECM) and my transmission control module (TCM).
When you scan (with VCDS Lite) the TCM, these codes are gotten: 00518, 00529, 00545, 01314. On the ECM, you have 01315 code. On the CAN gateway, 001315
Now, when you start the car for the first time in the day, it revs up and attempts to stall. The second and subsequent starts follow the normal start sequence.
When you engage the car on drive mode, the car shifts normally from gears 1-4. After some time, it will now stay in gear 3 and will not upshift or downshift from there. If you turn off the engine and restart the car again, the shifting returns to normal. This cycle continues once in every 2hrs or your driving pattern.
The power feeds and grounds to both TCM and ECM are good. The CANBUS wires resistance on both modules re good(62 ohms as stated in the technical service bulletin). When you check some measuring block values on the TCM, you could see communication between the VAGCOM and the TCM.
The fuses of these modules are also very good. The relays are also in good order. I have cleaned the throttle valve body also.
I have done everything I could but cannot get to the cause of this mistery on my car.
VW dealership does not support this car anymore and really couldn't help me.
I love this car so much and would not want to let go.
Please any assistance to unravel this mistery will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Pauliroha

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
Please post a full VCDS Auto-Scan - see my signature for How-To.

Code:
Removed.  Data from a clone/pirate copy of VCDS is not welcome here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Boki Ar

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57300
You do not use
Code:
 Tags. :facepalm: Thread lock untili further notice.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001

Pauliroha

Pirate
Walking the Plank
Reaction score
I am in talks with Andy and Olga of VCDS. VCDS is not sold or shipped shipped in my region. So what do I do@Uwe? If you can give me valid distributors who ship to my country Nigeria, that will be appreciated. I had since discontinued to use the current one as it's not authentic. Many thanks.

Fredrick Awuor

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=309834
I am in talks with Andy and Olga of VCDS. VCDS is not sold or shipped shipped in my region. So what do I do@Uwe? If you can give me valid distributors who ship to my country Nigeria, that will be appreciated. I had since discontinued to use the current one as it's not authentic. Many thanks.

Hello Oga,I was once in your shoes,VCDS isn't sold in Kenya,no distributor,closest one in Azania....I got a shipping agency in the US that ships to my country, had them buy,and register in my name,and ship to my workplace, and now life is sweet,follow that route........MY VCDS....MY LIFE,

Back