Broke sunroof setup accidentally when trying to get comfort windows working (B9 A4)

BikePilot

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1180
I've been struggling (and failing) to get my 2017 A4 Premium BASE to open and close its windows from the key radio remote (no advanced key/kessy installed).

In the process, I apparently broke my sunroof settings and calibration. I've been playing in modules 09 and 46 primarily, both long coding and adaptation. I have tried returning the long coding to my original values, but don't have a way of doing that with adaptations. I did not keep a log of every adaptation setting I made (lesson learned).

When I tried the sunroof, the new non-knob sunroof switch is all different then it was before my coding. only 2 of the positions do anything (open and close manually), and the fully closed position is not an automatic stop - If I want to close it I have to precisely find that place and release the button. AAlso, the "dip" it did before when closing from the vent position is completely gone.

After turning off the car and back on, it got worse. it now only opens about a third of the way, and still has all the symptoms listed above.

I assume (guess) that when I changed some setting, it erased the factory calibration and "home" position. I see some basic settings for normalization and calibration, but I don't know what is what so I haven't touched them for fear of making it worse.

a) can someone send be the appropriate service manual page(s) for sunroof?

b) what is the process for recalibrating the sunroof and setting the home position?

c) any ideas on what coding I messed up to eliminate the automatic functions of the sunroof? I'm holding out some hope they will come back after calibration.

Thanks!

Dave

BikePilot

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1180
Thanks! I didnt realize that!

Unfortunately, I rolled back the applicable onse now and still the same.

Here is what my sunroof switch currently does:
Slide switch towards back of car - opens to 1/3
Slide switch forward - close, then vent
Pull switch down - short motor busts, no movement
Push switch up - short motor burst, no movement

BikePilot

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1180
Specifically, is there a description somewhere of the "Basic Settings" for the CA Sunroof controller? Some of them sound like what would be needed to fix my problem, but I dont want to make it worse.

Also, there are some references on youtube to holding the button until a recalibration, but they are vague and not working for me as I have tried them. Is there a NON-VCDS procedure that works in these cars?

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Any fault codes in it?

Specifically, is there a description somewhere of the "Basic Settings" for the CA Sunroof controller? Some of them sound like what would be needed to fix my problem, but I dont want to make it worse.
Definitely avoid: "IDE01475 -- Resetting of all adaptations". That almost certainly will make it worse.

Also, there are some references on youtube to holding the button until a recalibration, but they are vague and not working for me as I have tried them. Is there a NON-VCDS procedure that works in these cars?
I've not seen any procedures specific to that sunroof setup, whether VCDS or manual..

-Uwe-

BikePilot

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1180
Yes:
Code:
Sunday,19,August,2018,11:33:23:59358
VCDS Version: Beta 18.7.1 (x64) Running on Windows 10 x64
www.Ross-Tech.com

Address CA: Sunroof       Labels: 4M0-907-594.CLB
Control Module Part Number: 4M0 907 594 A    HW: 4M0 907 594 
  Component and/or Version: SAD_STG_1     012 0003
           Software Coding: 208000049100
            Work Shop Code: WSC 06335 790 00001
              ASAM Dataset: EV_SunRoofCONTIAU736 004008 (AU73)
                       ROD: EV_SunRoofCONTIAU736_004.rod
                      VCID: B42466A81FDC31EA40-80E0

0264 - Sunroof 
          B1543 54 [009] - Missing Calibration / Basic Setting
          Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 5
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Reset counter: 241
                    Mileage: 33172 km
                    Date: 2018.08.18
                    Time: 13:52:28

Sunroof-Position: 0 %
                    Sunroof-Direction of movement: Not moving
                    Sunroof-Norming: not normed
                    Sunroof-Position: Slid.position
                    Sunroof-Excessive temperature protection: not active
                    Sunroof-Reversing: not active
                    Sunroof-Adaption depth: 100 %

I also had but corrected:
Code:
0325 - No Vehicle Type Coded 
          B1694 00 [008] -  - 
          Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Status: 00000001
                    Fault Priority: 5
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Reset counter: 26
                    Mileage: 33172 km
                    Date: 2018.08.18
                    Time: 13:52:28
somehow the coding got messed up (I didn't manually change it), but I had logged the original value, which cleared the code.

I tried subscribing to erWin, but that doesn't have the configuration procedures in it

Reactions: Uwe

NEtech

VCDS Distributor
VCDS Distributor
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=56995
If I where to figure out how to do this Basic Setting, I would try this.
Go ahead if you are up to it.

Sunroof: standardization
AND OR
Normalisation

If none above helped, maybe this first:
Sunroof: reset standardization

During the Basic setting, Check at least these measurement values:
Status of basic setting
Sunroof - Norming

Look at text messages in "Status of basic setting"

No guaranties ;)

Mika_M

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=183725
How about this? http://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?12360-A4-B9-ALLROAD-SUNROOF-CALIBRATION-BASIC-SETTINGS

There's a procedure which has helped in some case. Apparently it's a quite rough translation from german to english, but maybe it's worth a try to interpret it.

Adapt sunroof control unit -J245-

After a glass lid, a motor, the slide guide or the Sunroof roller blind has been replaced, an adaption-run for the appropriate drive must be performed.

For new spare parts motors, the standardization run starts immediately after the
switch operation without 10 seconds waiting time.
During the learning run, the closing force limitation is switched off.

Ignition is switched on.

The sunroof adjustment slider -E139- must be in the position "Sunroof closed" are located.

Pull the sunroof adjustment control -E139- down and hold it during the entire normalization process
(about 20 seconds) in this position.

- During standardization run, the glass lid closes first and moves then approx. 200 mm to the rear.

- After the lid has been closed again, standardization run has finished, please release the sunroof adjustment control -E139-.

BikePilot

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1180
How about this? 12360-A4-B9-ALLROAD-SUNROOF-CALIBRATION-BASIC-SETTINGS

There's a procedure which has helped in some case. Apparently it's a quite rough translation from german to english, but maybe it's worth a try to interpret it.

Thanks you! That did it!

I had seen this thread before, but was trying the "forward" close and not the "pull down" close, and in fact it had cycled automatically once, but that made it worse, stopping 1/3 open. But now that I re-read it and tried it with purity of heart, it worked, cleared my fault code, and the sunroof is again "normed"!

BikePilot

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=1180
Ugh. did it again! This time, pulling down and holding didn't fix it :(.

Lost long coding again. I didnt make any changes to CA module. Long cosing magically reverted from 208000049100 to 208000000000, which throws an error for car type not specified. After fixing, it says basic settings missing. I cant clear that one now.

Back