Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: B7 RS4 rough idle nightmare - HELP PLEASE (reward offered!)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Are you able to set Readiness for EVAP and SAI? Are they actually working?

btw, what is IMRF? Intake Manifold Runner Flaps ... Google didn't help.
    Last edited by _Val; 08-20-2018 at 03:21 PM.

2. Likes DPNW liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, all. Well, I've been all over N America and am finally back home and able to tinker some more. Yes, I meant Intake Manifold Runner Flaps (although incredibly, massively, really fast would be more fun to talk about).

I just finished educating myself on setting readiness and will do that in the morning when it's sexy roar won't wake the neighborhood. Planning to follow the procedure here http://http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/tour/readiness.php but let me know if you think the road-test process is necessary instead or in addition (detailed in post #5 here): http://https://www.audizine.com/foru...Ross-Tech-VCDS

Also, Dave, looking at several other diagrams of the engine bay in the audi service manual, all of them show that same port open on the IM. Maybe it's a North American thing? It has me very perplexed, either way.

Any chance this could be a Lambda Probe issue, without any codes in that regard? Misfire codes seem to be my primary issue (both specific and multiple random missfire). Maybe the pre-cat probe on one bank is bad or something? Laying awake at night thinking about this I came up with a theory that maybe an issue with one of those probes would be causing the crazy high adaptation and the other issues. However, it seems the car only runs roughly at idle (I did a road test - wanted to get the thing rolling at least a little), which I'm not knowledgeable enough to know whether that impacts the likelihood of my Lambda probe theory. Thoughts?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Realizing I still have a lot to learn about using the VCDS properly to set readiness for the systems to identify what actually can be readied through the proper procedures vs that which is actually having issues. I'll post again when I have completed that education plus the JPPSG process. Realizing that in some ways I've been a complete idiot about this and I'd like to remedy that before posting any more. Thanks!
    Last edited by DPNW; 09-17-2018 at 02:15 PM.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does the vacuum operated sports exhaust flaps work? If there's an air leak in the system they are normally the first thing that stop working.

As well as a cylinder compression check a cylinder leakage check is more informative, I have come across an S6 with the V10 engine so badly coked up that the inlet valves were not closing fully causing a missfire at idle. I know you said you have decoked the intake did you do the inlet valves as well?

6. Likes Uwe, PetrolDave, DPNW liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by colin c View Post
    Does the vacuum operated sports exhaust flaps work? If there's an air leak in the system they are normally the first thing that stop working.

As well as a cylinder compression check a cylinder leakage check is more informative, I have come across an S6 with the V10 engine so badly coked up that the inlet valves were not closing fully causing a missfire at idle. I know you said you have decoked the intake did you do the inlet valves as well?

Thanks, Colin! The vehicle has an aftermarket Millitek exhaust that deleted the flaps, so I can't go off of that. However, I have tested the vacuum system and it held consistent vacuum pressure, so I have come to the conclusion that the vacuum system is connected properly. How I did this was to unplug the vacuum system draw port (on the bottom of the intake manifold), which is where the check valve is, and instead connected a hand vacuum pump with a gauge. When I applied vacuum to that line (which I believe is testing the entire vacuum system since this is the primary vacuum supply line), it held vacuum pressure firmly and indefinitely. Is there another way to test this?

The primary reason I did the carbon clean at all was the intake valves. Sorry, I didn't expound on that earlier. I took off the intake manifold to deal with the runner flaps sticking (wasn't sure if I needed new position sensors or actuators or what), but when I saw the intake valves I realized I was in for a lot more work. Both the runner flaps and the intake valves were really gunked up - I soda blasted (with everything masked off and using a vacuum setup to minimize excess dust) the intake valves when the valves were closed (to minimize dust getting into the cylinder), then carefully vacuumed out the cylinders before scrubbing the gunk from around the edge of the valve using solvent and verifying that each valve had a tight seal. I then also cleaned the intake manifold, including removing each of the flaps to be able to clean the shaft and flaps completely. I then lubricated the runner flap shafts until they were moving freely before reassembling. Of course, once I had it all re-assembled the first time I realized that the vacuum line that runs out from under the intake manifold and the throttle body valve had gotten unplugged while I was reassembling, so had to disassemble everything one more time to reconnect that.

I'm wondering if the solvent phase of my valve cleaning resulted in some gunk getting burned off and clogging the lambda valves (which are of unknown age). So, in addition to continuing my vag-com self study, I'm going to remove those and clean them with gasoline.
    Last edited by DPNW; 09-25-2018 at 02:29 PM. Reason: reworded description of vacuum system test

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    OP Verified. Moving to Car Repair Support.

-Uwe-
    The engineering problems are likely insurmountable. It would be like proposing to land a rocket booster section on a barge floating in the middle of the ocean.

9. Likes DPNW liked this post
    NostraJackAss Jack@European_Parts's Avatar
    1001 State Route 17K Montgomery New York 12549
    Post Thanks / Like
    Reward............?
    European Parts Emporium/Performance / Immobilizer Solutions EPE
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    Above Magic! No Written record, AUTO-SCAN or Appointment = NO HELP!
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

Post Thanks / Like
    I need no reward....

Tear back down and install new factory injectors, with all new gaskets, provided you qualify a compression check.
    You don't install used rebuilt injectors in an RS4!

Please post a fresh auto-scan and anither scan immediately after clearing fault memory, in addition please post the OBD2 Mode 9 data.

Is car modified?

Prepare to qualify the JPPSG!
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 09-30-2018 at 03:06 PM.
    Certified Master Trained NY/BAR/BAD 7076062/ASE/SAE/NASTF Legal Factory Authorized/Licensed GeKo/FaZit # 403738
    Specializing in Custom Services IE: "welding-fabrication" / EPA-SMOG Update or Pass-Thru-Programming / Data Transfer / Immobilizers & OEM Quality Parts
    www.FixMyEuro.com <<<<<CLICK HERE! or vwemporium@aol.com ( JPPSG & Unverified members need not PM me & Please don't email or call facility for free tech support...use the forum )
    Getting you CONTROL again of your property - TAKE IT! In Conjunction with.........

12. Likes gigi123, DPNW liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Based on re reading this thread I am suspecting a multiplicative air leak at intake or some type of false air, because not one time do I see a passed Evap test.

Time for isolated crimp tests, not SMOKE!

https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthr...l=1#post103520
    Last edited by Jack@European_Parts; 09-30-2018 at 03:40 PM.

14. Likes DPNW liked this post
    Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    REWARD: Beers anytime in the PNW. Seemed like a good idea when I started the thread...would love to delete that from the heading now. But the offer stands if any of you do find yourself out this way (specifically the Portland, OR area).

Jack - thanks for wading in. I've spent a lot of hours reading any post related to my issue, including learning about CAN and the JPPSG. I'll post my JPPSG below in another post, but I mention this as I very much appreciate that you give your input so freely and want you to know that I absolutely do not want to waste your time (or anyone else's) with my ignorance. However, I'm reaching the limits of what I believe I can figure out using youtube, google, and the forum...so be prepared for me to still ask some dumb questions, but I've truly invested in avoiding that. That said, NostraJackAss away...

You are absolutely right that EVAP has been an issue for a while, but foolishly was focused on the missfires and blindly replacing potential problem parts first. Yes, I've learned my lesson, and yes, I will post shortly parts and sources, along with an auto-scan from before I did the carbon clean and set off this nightmare.

My most recent effort has been multiple attempts to set readiness using both VCDS-initiated and drive readiness setting procedures. The "end of line check" will not initiate, despite the vehicle running and then pushing brake and gas immediately after enabling basic settings. The ECU does take over the throttle control, but the test does not begin and count down (held the petals for over a minute and no change). So, I've done two clear-DTCs and road test procedures to set readiness and have reached the same results each time: O2 sensors, SAI, EVAP and Catalytic Converters will not set readiness. Running individual sequences, the EVAP, Bank 2 SAI, and Bank 2 Intake manifold runner flaps will not test via basic settings (engine on, brake and gas for the first two, engine off for the IMRFs - right procedure?). Bank 1 SAI and Bank 1 IMRF sequences will run under basic settings. Does this tell anything about where the vacuum leak may be?

I picked up the tools to do a compression test and will do that ASAP (probably tomorrow as I am away from the vehicle for the evening, but did bring my laptop to be able to post the latest scan and feedback on the readiness attempts of the last two days. I will round up the materials for the modified oil cap for the measuring of crankcase vacuum in the meantime. Not familiar with isolated crimp test procedure. Have you written that up somewhere or are you aware of where I can educate myself on that?

The seller I purchased from was the second owner, and he did not tell me all of the mods the vehicle had - only that it had a millitek full exhaust including downpipes and KW V3 adjustable coilovers. Those were installed by the original owner. The seller did say he had a carbon clean done and had hooked the front bumper on a parking stop and tore the bumper off, but that was it. Oh yeah, and he got a MAACO paint job that looks like shit on the whole front clip and is rock chipped to hell, and the ambient temp sensor was faulty, so I don't assume that anything damaged was properly addressed. Back to modifications: I've since discovered JHM intake manifold spacers and billet aluminum actuator linkages for the intake manifold runner flaps. The airbox, ECU, etc are unmodified, to the best of my knowledge.

Through the course of my disassembly and carbon clean I installed/replaced the following: injectors and seals as previously mentioned, new IM gaskets (obvious, but done none the less), new oil separator/PCV valve (as assumed the old one was allowing a lot through the system based on the extreme carbon buildup in only about 25k - seller said he had it professionally carbon cleaned at around 50k), new IMRF position sensors (potentiometers) and new IMRF control valve (as stated earlier, my issue was with the runner flaps, so I wanted to cover my bases while I had it all accessible).

I previously had replaced the plugs and coil packs with aftermarket but OEM similar products (bosch plugs and I forget which packs off the top of my head).

After initial re-assembly post-carbon clean, the vehicle idled absolutely terribly (it was actually choking and dying at times), despite the vacuum test I mentioned previously. So I began to read up on potential causes - assuming, probably wrongly, that I had another part that failed through the course of the work I had done or because I had disturbed its slumber. I don't think I yet grasped just how much was involved in the machine's controllers and how much I could actually dig in with the VCDS that the prior owner had included with the car. For that reason, I installed a new vacuum check valve off (bottom of intake manifold) (OEM), new knock sensors ("OEM supplier" but not in VAG box), new OEM camshaft position sensors and new EVAP purge valve (OEM) - as these were all potential issue for misfires and didn't want to pull the IM yet again later, or the replacement was ruling things out for others. Then I replaced the coil packs and plugs - again - this time with OEM for both. After all of these changes, things got A LOT better. Somewhere during this the battery died, so when I got it back to life I finally discovered the various initial adaptations (such as the throttle valve) that should be done after a disconnect from power like that. With that done, it ran the best yet, but still "hunts" for a healthy idle when cold (and sounds abnormally "chuggy"), but only sounds a little off after it's warmed up.

Now I am seeing voltage drop DTCs on top of everything else. I first assumed the battery was bad, had it tested at Autozone, and they said it was good. I monitored the central electrical controller block 1 and it didn't drop below 13.3V under heavy load. Once the vehicle was off, that dropped to within a few thousandths of 12V, but I'm not sure if that indicates anything.

RE: the injectors. That's a pricey prescription you've written. Not arguing, just want to clarify. These were cleaned and re-flowed by JPM and were installed with new seals. You still think the chances are good enough that they are my issue to justify the cost and effort to replace these refurbished ones with new? If it must be done, so be it...just want to confirm prior to spending the $1-2k and a full day on it. Where do you recommend I source them from to try to keep the cost down? I've obviously now put quite a bit into this (admittedly, some of it foolishly)...

Here is a scan from April, before I was even having the original IMRF issues (although this did lead to a new OEM ambient temp sensor):
    Code:
    Sunday,08,April,2018,19:56:50:39739
    VCDS -- Windows Based VAG/VAS Emulator Running on Windows 10 x64
    VCDS Version: 18.2.0.3 (x64)
    Data version: 20180212 DS287.0
    www.Ross-Tech.com

VIN: WUARU78E57N904981   License Plate: 575F WSU
    Mileage: 123060km-76465mi   Repair Order: 030818

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chassis Type: 8E (8E - Audi A4/S4/RS4 B6/B7 (2001 > 2008))
    Scan: 01 02 03 08 09 0F 11 15 16 17 18 25 36 37 45 46 55 56 57 65
              67 69 75 76 77

VIN: WUARU78E57N904981   Mileage: 123060km-76465miles
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Address 01: Engine        Labels:. 079-910-560-BNS1.lbl
       Part No SW: 8E1 910 560 A    HW: 8E1 907 560 
       Component: 4.2L V8/4V FSI     Ŗ0060  
       Revision: 57H13---    Serial number: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
       Coding: 01040009180F0160
       Shop #: WSC 06412 444 58801
       VCID: 2447042EE740C4645C-8070

2 Faults Found:
    001057 - Warm Up Catalyst; Bank 1 
                   P0421 - 002 - Efficiency Below Threshold - Intermittent
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 00100010
                        Fault Priority: 0
                        Fault Frequency: 1
                        Reset counter: 255
                        Mileage: 122569 km
                        Time Indication: 0

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 2131 /min
                        Load: 21.6 %
                        Speed: 42.0 km/h
                        Temperature: 94.0°C
                        Temperature: 18.0°C
                        Absolute Pres.: 1010.0 mbar
                        Voltage: 13.843 V

012424 - Starter Relay 
                   P3088 - 001 - Electrical Malfunction - Intermittent
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 00100001
                        Fault Frequency: 2
                        Mileage: 122656 km

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 0 /min
                        Load: 0.0 %
                        Speed: 0.0 km/h
                        Temperature: 9.0°C
                        Temperature: 12.0°C
                        Absolute Pres.: 970.0 mbar
                        Voltage: 10.668 V

Readiness: 0000 0000

Address 03: ABS Brakes        Labels: 8E0-910-517.clb
       Part No SW: 8E0 910 517 G    HW: 8E0 614 517 BD
       Component: ESP8 quattro    H06 0150  
       Revision: 00000000    Serial number: 00000000000000
       Coding: 0004533
       Shop #: WSC 06335 000 00000
       VCID: 2B55EF128A9E0B1C9D-807E

No fault code found.

Address 08: Auto HVAC        Labels: 8E0-820-043.lbl
       Part No: 8E0 820 043 BM
       Component:   A4 Klimaautomat   3233  
       Coding: 00000
       Shop #: WSC 00000  
       VCID: 6DD1210A270AC52CC3-5124

No fault code found.

Address 09: Cent. Elect.        Labels: 8E0-907-279-8EC.lbl
       Part No: 8E0 907 279 N
       Component: int. Lastmodul  ECE 0907  
       Coding: 01031
       Shop #: WSC 65536  
       VCID: 3D71D14A37EA95AC33-4AEC

No fault code found.

Address 11: Engine II        Labels:. 079-910-560-BNS2.lbl

No fault code found.

Address 15: Airbags        Labels: 8E0-959-655-94.lbl
       Part No SW: 8E0 959 655 H    HW: 8E0 959 655 H
       Component:    Airbag 9.41  H12 3840  
       Revision: 91H12384    Serial number: 0036N0G0M08Z  
       Coding: 0432607
       VCID: 3C77DC4E7FF09CA404-8068

Subsystem 1 - Part No: 8E0 910 339 B
       Component: BF-Gewichtsens. 002 0070

Subsystem 2 - Serial number: 3HR5T         

Subsystem 3 - Serial number: 0001.01.000000200000000000˙†63

Subsystem 4 - Serial number: 000000˙†6332DRB4043A0A8EW˙†63

Subsystem 5 - Serial number: A0A8EW˙†6342DRB404210BACO˙†63

Subsystem 6 - Serial number: 10BACO˙†6352ARB401D6AEA92˙†63

Subsystem 7 - Serial number: 6AEA92˙†6362ARB4018C6C6C/˙†63

Subsystem 8 - Serial number: C6C6C/˙†63729RB401D81B99Z˙†63

Subsystem 9 - Serial number: 81B99Z˙†63829RB401D81BC0U˙

Subsystem 10 - Serial number: 81BC0U˙

No fault code found.

Address 16: Steering wheel        Labels: 8E0-953-549-T.lbl
       Part No: 8E0 953 549 T
       Component: Lenksįulenmodul     0301  
       Coding: 04441
       Shop #: WSC 06335  
       VCID: 4487A4AE5400E4647C-4AEC

No fault code found.

Address 17: Instruments        Labels: 8E0-920-9xx-8EC.lbl
       Part No SW: 8E0 920 982 R    HW: 8E0 920 982 R
       Component: KOMBI+WFS 4     H14 0100  
       Revision: 0100        Serial number: 00000000000000
       Coding: 0023208
       Shop #: WSC 00002 512 00000
       VCID: 3D71D14A67EA95AC33-5142

1 Fault Found:
    00779 - Outside Air Temp Sensor (G17) 
                010 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent

Address 25: Immobilizer        Labels: 8E0-920-9xx-8EC.lbl

1 Fault Found:
    00779 - Outside Air Temp Sensor (G17) 
                010 - Open or Short to Plus - Intermittent

Address 36: Seat Mem. Drvr        Labels: 8E0-959-760.lbl
       Part No: 8E0 959 760 
       Component: Sitzmemory R2 F     0305  
       Coding: 00002
       VCID: 71E93D7A3B3221CCE7-4B06

No fault code found.

Address 46: Central Conv.        Labels:. 8E0-959-433-MAX.clb
       Part No: 8E0 959 433 CG
       Component: Komfortgerįt T7B    4135  
       Coding: 11880
       VCID: 78FF005E5848708420-4AEC

Subsystem 1 - Part No: 8E1959801G
       Component: Tõrsteuer.FS BRM 0706  

Subsystem 2 - Part No: 8E1959802G
       Component: Tõrsteuer.BF BRM 0706  

Subsystem 3 - Part No: 8E0959801E
       Component: Tõrsteuer.HL BRM 0606  

Subsystem 4 - Part No: 8E0959802E
       Component: Tõrsteuer.HR BRM 0606  

1 Fault Found:
    00962 - Alarm via. Tilt Sensor 
                35-00 -  - 

Address 55: Headlight Range        Labels: 4F0-910-357.lbl
       Part No SW: 4F0 910 357 F    HW: 4F0 907 357 F
       Component: AFS 1           H01 0020  
       Revision: 00000001    Serial number:               
       Coding: 0000019
       VCID: 2959151A8062190C6F-807C

Subsystem 1 - Part No: 8E0 941 329 A
       Component: AFS-Modul links H04 0020

Subsystem 2 - Part No: 8E0 941 329 A
       Component: AFS-Modul rechtsH03 0020

1 Fault Found:
    00446 - Function Limitation due to Under-Voltage 
                002 - Lower Limit Exceeded - Intermittent
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Priority: 2
                        Reset counter: 0

Address 65: Tire Pressure        Labels: 8E0-907-273.lbl
       Part No SW: 8E0 907 273 A    HW: 8E0 907 273 A
       Component: Reifendruck 3   H04 0130  
       Coding: 0062523
       Shop #: WSC 02197 785 00200
       VCID: 2A5BEA168664121466-5124

No fault code found.

Address 76: Park Assist        Labels: 8E0-919-283-8EC.lbl
       Part No SW: 8E0 919 283 D    HW: 8E0 919 283 D
       Component: Parkhilfe 4-Kan H06 0010  
       Revision: 00H06000    Serial number: 00067802030631
       Coding: 0000304
       VCID: 3169FD7AABB261CCA7-5142

No fault code found.

Address 77: Telephone        Labels: 8P0-862-335.lbl
       Part No SW: 8P0 862 335 J    HW: 8P0 862 335 J
       Component: FSE_255x BT     H26 0290  
       Revision: 00000000    Serial number: 00000005014280
       Coding: 0011877

No fault code found.

End-------------------------(Elapsed Time: 05:57)--------------------------
    Here is when I had the runner flap issue that led me to the carbon clean (I disassembled to access the IMRFs on the intake manifold, but the intake valves were so gummed up that I couldn't avoid doing a complete carbon clean).

Code:
    Monday,23,April,2018,20:54:53:39739
    VCDS Version: 18.2.0.3 (x64)
    Data version: 20180212 DS287.0
    www.Ross-Tech.com

VIN: WUARU78E57N904981   License Plate: 575FWSU
    Mileage: 124530km-77379mi   Repair Order: 042318

67 69 75 76 77

VIN: WUARU78E57N904981   Mileage: 124530km-77379miles

2 Faults Found:
    008213 - Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor (Bank 1) 
                   P2015 - 008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent - MIL ON
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 10101000
                        Fault Frequency: 7
                        Mileage: 124221 km

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 3397 /min
                        Load: 18.0 %
                        Speed: 28.0 km/h
                        Temperature: 79.0°C
                        Temperature: 36.0°C
                        Absolute Pres.: 1000.0 mbar
                        Voltage: 13.589 V

006435 - Please Check DTC Memory of ECU Number 2 
                   P1923 - 008 - 
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 01101000
                        Mileage: 124531 km

Freeze Frame:
                        Temperature: 30.0°C
                        Temperature: 21.0°C
                        Absolute Pres.: 990.0 mbar
                        Voltage: 11.430 V

VCID: 2B55EF128A9E0B1C9D-807E

No fault code found.

VCID: 6DD1210A270AC52CC3-5124

No fault code found.

VCID: 3D71D14A37EA95AC33-4B06

No fault code found.

1 Fault Found:
    008224 - Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor (Bank 2) 
                   P2020 - 008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent - MIL ON
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Frequency: 9
                        Mileage: 124098 km

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 1098 /min
                        Load: 18.8 %
                        Speed: 122.0 km/h
                        Temperature: 96.0°C
                        Temperature: 44.0°C
                        Absolute Pres.: 1000.0 mbar
                        Voltage: 13.335 V

VCID: 3C77DC4E7FF09CA404-8068

No fault code found.

VCID: 4487A4AE5400E4647C-4AEC

No fault code found.

No fault code found.

No fault code found.

VCID: 71E93D7A3B3221CCE7-4B06

No fault code found.

VCID: 78FF005E5848708420-4B06

1 Fault Found:
    00962 - Alarm via. Tilt Sensor 
                35-00 -  - 

VCID: 2959151A8062190C6F-807C

No fault code found.

VCID: 2A5BEA168664121466-5124

No fault code found.

VCID: 3169FD7AABB261CCA7-5124

No fault code found.

VCID: 3D71D14A67EA95AC33-5124

No fault code found.

End-------------------------(Elapsed Time: 05:59)--------------------------
    Here was post completion of the carbon clean (after getting all of these I cleared the DTCs again and only some returned, but I assume this has the most useful info for you)
    Code:
    Sunday,03,June,2018,17:40:17:39739
    VCDS Version: 18.2.1.2 (x64)
    Data version: 20180518 DS287.1
    www.Ross-Tech.com

Mileage: 125990km-78286mi   Repair Order: 06032018

67 69 75 76 77

VIN: WUARU78E57N904981   Mileage: 125990km-78286miles
       VCID: 2447042EE740C46463-8070

9 Faults Found:
                   P2015 - 008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent - MIL ON
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Frequency: 17
                        Mileage: 124864 km

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 3833 /min
                        Load: 50.2 %
                        Speed: 100.0 km/h
                        Temperature: 33.0°C
                        Voltage: 13.462 V

012425 - Signal Line for Fuel Pump Electronics 
                   P3089 - 002 - Electrical Malfunction - Intermittent
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Mileage: 125993 km

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 773 /min
                        Load: 27.8 %
                        Temperature: 40.0°C
                        Temperature: 23.0°C
                        Voltage: 13.970 V

000290 - Throttle Position Sensor (G69) 
                   P0122 - 002 - Signal too Low - Intermittent
                 Freeze Frame:

Freeze Frame:
                        Temperature: 17.0°C
                        Temperature: -40.0°C
                        Voltage: 11.557 V

000546 - Angle Sensor 2 for Throttle (G188) 
                   P0222 - 002 - Signal Too Low - Intermittent
                 Freeze Frame:

Freeze Frame:

008212 - Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor (Bank 1) 
                   P2014 - 002 - Electrical Malfunction - Intermittent
                 Freeze Frame:

Freeze Frame:

000275 - Intake Air Temp. Sensor (G42) 
                   P0113 - 002 - Signal too High - Intermittent
                 Freeze Frame:

Freeze Frame:

009529 - Low Pressure Fuel Sensor (G410) 
                   P2539 - 001 - Open Circuit - Intermittent
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 00100001

Freeze Frame:

005416 - Camshaft Timing Adj. Bank1 (N205) 
                   P1528 - 004 - Open Circuit
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 01100100

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 164 /min
                        Load: 94.1 %
                        Absolute Pres.: 980.0 mbar
                        Voltage: 9.652 V

P1923 - 008 - 
                 Freeze Frame:

Freeze Frame:
                        Temperature: 27.0°C
                        Voltage: 11.430 V

VCID: 2B55EF128A9E0B1CA2-807E

2 Faults Found:
    18265 - Load Signal 
                P1857 - 000 - Error Message from ECU - Intermittent
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 00100000
                        Reset counter: 40

Freeze Frame:
                        Hex Value: 0x00C0
                        Hex Value: 0x6202
                        Hex Value: 0x0028
                        Hex Value: 0x018E
                        Hex Value: 0x0001

01314 - Engine Control Module 
                013 - Check DTC Memory - Intermittent
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 00101101
                        Fault Frequency: 3

Freeze Frame:
                        Hex Value: 0x0025

VCID: 6DD1210A270AC52CFC-5124

No fault code found.

VCID: 3D71D14A37EA95AC0C-4B06

No fault code found.

5 Faults Found:
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Frequency: 18
                        Mileage: 124752 km

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 3754 /min
                        Load: 46.6 %
                        Speed: 73.0 km/h
                        Temperature: 38.0°C
                        Temperature: 14.0°C
                        Voltage: 13.716 V

008217 - Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor (Bank 2) 
                   P2019 - 002 - Electrical Malfunction - Intermittent
                 Freeze Frame:

Freeze Frame:

000768 - Random/Multiple Cylinder Misfire Detected 
                   P0300 - 001 - 
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 01100001

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 2424 /min
                        Load: 23.1 %
                        Temperature: 19.0°C

000776 - Cylinder 8 
                   P0308 - 001 - Misfire Detected
                 Freeze Frame:

Freeze Frame:

000769 - Cylinder 1 
                   P0301 - 001 - Misfire Detected
                 Freeze Frame:

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 2659 /min
                        Temperature: 20.0°C

VCID: 3C77DC4E7FF09CA43B-8068

1 Fault Found:
    00532 - Supply Voltage B+ 
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Reset counter: 39

VCID: 4487A4AE5400E46443-4B06

No fault code found.

VCID: 3D71D14A67EA95AC0C-5142

No fault code found.

VCID: 3D71D14A67EA95AC0C-5124

No fault code found.

VCID: 71E93D7A3B3221CCD8-4B06

1 Fault Found:
    00668 - Supply Voltage Terminal 30 
                07-10 - Signal too Low - Intermittent

VCID: 78FF005E584870841F-4AEC

No fault code found.

VCID: 2959151A8062190C50-807C

No fault code found.

VCID: 2A5BEA168664121459-5142

No fault code found.

VCID: 3169FD7AABB261CC98-5142

No fault code found.

No fault code found.

End-------------------------(Elapsed Time: 05:56)--------------------------
    Cleared DTCs, then got this:
    Code:
    Monday,04,June,2018,09:22:20:39739
    www.Ross-Tech.com

Mileage: 125990km-78286mi   Repair Order: 06032018b

67 69 75 76 77

4 Faults Found:
    005416 - Camshaft Timing Adj. Bank1 (N205) 
                   P1528 - 004 - Open Circuit
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 01100100

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 1622 /min
                        Load: 37.2 %
                        Temperature: 35.0°C
                        Temperature: 30.0°C
                        Voltage: 10.033 V

008198 - Intake Manifold Flap; Bank 1 
                   P2006 - 008 - Stuck Closed - Intermittent
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 00101000

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 819 /min
                        Load: 38.4 %
                        Temperature: 25.0°C

P2015 - 008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent
                 Freeze Frame:

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 729 /min
                        Load: 42.3 %

P1923 - 008 - 
                 Freeze Frame:

Freeze Frame:
                        Temperature: 37.0°C
                        Temperature: 27.0°C
                        Voltage: 12.192 V

Readiness: 0110 1101

2 Faults Found:
    18265 - Load Signal 
                P1857 - 000 - Error Message from ECU - Intermittent
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 00100000

Freeze Frame:
                        Hex Value: 0x0028

01314 - Engine Control Module 
                013 - Check DTC Memory - Intermittent
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 00101101
                        Fault Frequency: 3

Freeze Frame:
                        Hex Value: 0x0025

No fault code found.

VCID: 3D71D14A37EA95AC0C-4AEC

No fault code found.

8 Faults Found:
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Frequency: 18
                        Mileage: 124752 km

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 3754 /min
                        Speed: 73.0 km/h
                        Temperature: 38.0°C
                        Temperature: 14.0°C

008217 - Intake Manifold Flap Position Sensor (Bank 2) 
                   P2019 - 002 - Electrical Malfunction - Intermittent
                 Freeze Frame:

Freeze Frame:

P0300 - 001 -  - MIL ON
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 11100001

Freeze Frame:

000776 - Cylinder 8 
                   P0308 - 001 - Misfire Detected
                 Freeze Frame:

Freeze Frame:

000769 - Cylinder 1 
                   P0301 - 001 - Misfire Detected - MIL ON
                 Freeze Frame:

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 2659 /min
                        Temperature: 20.0°C

000770 - Cylinder 2 
                   P0302 - 001 - Misfire Detected
                 Freeze Frame:

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 1137 /min
                        Load: 49.0 %
                        Temperature: 26.0°C
                        Voltage: 12.827 V

008199 - Intake Manifold Flap; Bank 2 
                   P2007 - 008 - Stuck Closed - Intermittent
                 Freeze Frame:

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 814 /min
                        Load: 38.8 %

000772 - Cylinder 4 
                   P0304 - 001 - Misfire Detected
                 Freeze Frame:

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 692 /min
                        Load: 42.3 %

1 Fault Found:
                 Freeze Frame:

VCID: 4487A4AE5400E46443-4AEC

No fault code found.

No fault code found.

No fault code found.

1 Fault Found:

No fault code found.

No fault code found.

VCID: 2A5BEA168664121459-5124

No fault code found.

No fault code found.
    I then realized that the vacuum line running toward the firewall from under the IM had been unplugged. Fixed that. Reassembled. Got this:
    Code:
    Wednesday,13,June,2018,18:10:40:39739
    www.Ross-Tech.com

Mileage: 125990km-78286mi   Repair Order: 06132018b

67 69 75 76 77

1 Fault Found:
                   P1923 - 008 - 
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Mileage: 125992 km

Freeze Frame:
                        Temperature: 26.0°C

Readiness: 0110 1101

1 Fault Found:
    01826 - Sensor for Steering Angle (G85); Supply Voltage Terminal 30 
                000 -  - 
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Fault Status: 01100000
                        Fault Priority: 3
                        Fault Frequency: 5

Freeze Frame:
                        Hex Value: 0x0000
                        Hex Value: 0x4222
                        Hex Value: 0x0024
                        Hex Value: 0x019C

No fault code found.

No fault code found.

6 Faults Found:
                   P0300 - 001 -  - MIL ON
                 Freeze Frame:

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 1292 /min
                        Load: 45.1 %
                        Temperature: 15.0°C

000769 - Cylinder 1 
                 Freeze Frame:

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 1292 /min
                        Load: 45.1 %

000776 - Cylinder 8 
                   P0308 - 001 - Misfire Detected - MIL ON
                 Freeze Frame:

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 702 /min
                        Temperature: 24.0°C
                        Voltage: 12.954 V

000775 - Cylinder 7 
                   P0307 - 001 - Misfire Detected - MIL ON
                 Freeze Frame:

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 702 /min
                        Temperature: 24.0°C
                        Voltage: 12.954 V

000770 - Cylinder 2 
                   P0302 - 001 - Misfire Detected - MIL ON
                 Freeze Frame:

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 1370 /min
                        Load: 38.0 %
                        Voltage: 13.081 V

000771 - Cylinder 3 
                   P0303 - 001 - Misfire Detected
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Mileage: 125992 km

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 1231 /min
                        Load: 40.4 %
                        Voltage: 13.208 V

No fault code found.

No fault code found.

1 Fault Found:

1 Fault Found:

No fault code found.

No fault code found.

No fault code found.

VCID: 2A5BEA168664121459-5142

No fault code found.

No fault code found.

No fault code found.

End-------------------------(Elapsed Time: 05:55)--------------------------
    Anyway, I have more historic logs, but here is the most recent auto-scan:
    Code:
    Sunday,30,September,2018,10:20:52:39739
    www.Ross-Tech.com

Mileage: 126180km-78404mi   Repair Order: 093018

67 69 75 76 77

VIN: WUARU78E57N904981   Mileage: 126180km-78404miles

1 Fault Found:
                   P1923 - 008 - 
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Mileage: 126187 km

Freeze Frame:
                        Temperature: 97.0°C
                        Voltage: 12.192 V

Readiness: 0010 1101

No fault code found.

1 Fault Found:
                53-10 - Supply Voltage Too Low - Intermittent

No fault code found.

9 Faults Found:
                   P0300 - 001 -  - MIL ON
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Mileage: 126129 km

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 1328 /min
                        Load: 43.5 %

000771 - Cylinder 3 
                   P0303 - 001 - Misfire Detected - MIL ON
                 Freeze Frame:

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 1328 /min
                        Load: 43.5 %

000772 - Cylinder 4 
                   P0304 - 001 - Misfire Detected - MIL ON
                 Freeze Frame:

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 1358 /min
                        Load: 44.7 %

000773 - Cylinder 5 
                   P0305 - 001 - Misfire Detected - MIL ON
                 Freeze Frame:

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 1392 /min
                        Load: 44.7 %

000770 - Cylinder 2 
                   P0302 - 001 - Misfire Detected - MIL ON
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Mileage: 126145 km

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 765 /min
                        Load: 18.4 %
                        Temperature: 33.0°C

000769 - Cylinder 1 
                 Freeze Frame:

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 814 /min
                        Load: 19.2 %

001281 - Vehicle Speed Sensor 
                   P0501 - 002 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent
                 Freeze Frame:

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 2366 /min
                        Load: 18.8 %
                        Temperature: 43.0°C

000775 - Cylinder 7 
                   P0307 - 001 - Misfire Detected - MIL ON
                 Freeze Frame:

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 782 /min
                        Load: 25.1 %
                        Temperature: 45.0°C

P2020 - 008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Mileage: 126180 km

Freeze Frame:
                        RPM: 1018 /min
                        Load: 23.9 %
                        Temperature: 42.0°C
                        Voltage: 11.684 V

1 Fault Found:
                 Freeze Frame:

No fault code found.

No fault code found.

No fault code found.

1 Fault Found:

1 Fault Found:
    00955 - Key 1 
                35-10 -  -  - Intermittent

2 Faults Found:
    02234 - Right Headlight Power Output Stage (J668) 
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Reset counter: 33

02233 - Left Headlight Power Output Stage (J667) 
                 Freeze Frame:
                        Reset counter: 33

VCID: 2A5BEA168664121459-5124

No fault code found.

VCID: 3169FD7AABB261CC98-5124

1 Fault Found:
    00446 - Function Limitation due to Under-Voltage 

No fault code found.

End-------------------------(Elapsed Time: 05:54)--------------------------
    Complete JPPSG to be delivered very soon. The only thing I haven't been able to do is ensure the controllers are up to date. However, at the rate things are going, a trip to the dealer is eminent... Thanks!
    Last edited by DPNW; 09-30-2018 at 06:46 PM.