B7 RS4 rough idle nightmare - HELP PLEASE (reward offered!)

Larry Manton

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=112505
I'm no scholar either ....... :p

Often getting slammed myself.

JACK, reread my thread, seen the YOUR, near the last of the paragraph, my bad, ask me if I care. Actually it should denote possession of a word following which would make it a noun marker of following word, making word after a NOUN
Totally wrong. I don't feel to bad, second mistake I have made in 2018, first was posting here, nobody said I was smart.

Wish I knew some German so I could wish you a proper good morning, have a great day,

LARIMORE

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
David,

I think your car could probably benefit if you see any trace of oil on the TV, maybe consider installing a Mann or other type oil separator on each VC like guys use on the diesels.

s-l300.jpg

andy b

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=6637
I haven't read all your thread, but I did a big overhaul on similar v8, took a while to work it out because they were not broken, but it was the pre cat on one bank, and partial restriction on the other.if you can get a scope in through a sensor hole might be worth checking.

Larry Manton

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=112505
I haven't read all your thread, but I did a big overhaul on similar v8, took a while to work it out because they were not broken, but it was the pre cat on one bfank, and partial restriction on the other.if you can get a scope in through a sensor hole might be worth checking.

Maybe I missed it, but thought last scan had miss fire going away once off idle, could be wrong for sure, but would not lead me to a CAT.,

That said there has been a lot of crap go down that stack, not out of the realm of possible.

Larimore.

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Maybe I missed it, but thought last scan had miss fire going away once off idle, could be wrong for sure, but would not lead me to a CAT.,

That said there has been a lot of crap go down that stack, not out of the realm of possible.

Larimore.

It indeed would and the misfire with contaminated vapors getting burned from shit oil with gas remediation and than sent in the CAT causing mini fires is very real concern in all cars.

Cetane and Octane values ( Diesel or GAS ) plummet in the combustion chamber & result in detonation when oil vapor is sent down the intake to make a dirty mess of and for everything in spirit of engine health or worse increased GHG's from added SMOG!

DPNW

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=345651
JACK, not sure here again but grammar not my strong suit.

Once I found out the English language laws were all based on Latin, mostly by the Catholic church as they dictated most reading and writing as most folk could not, so most of the rules did not work but carved in stone.

Then found out English is a French German base so Latin laws actually don't work. So being taught to sound out words phonetically was a joke, specifically phonetically should then be with an F and not a P, broken rule number one. I learned this from a linguist in college and from then on don't pay it no never mind, and AINT by the way is perfectly good English, regardless of what granny said.

So I BE SLAMMED, all good, IF it helps fix this car count me in.

LARIMORE

Grammar is like some of the women I know. No "always" rules apply, logic is generally absent and it regularly makes you want to punch yourself in the face...

An easy rule for "your" vs "you're" - if you could also say "you are" (i.e. you are right), it's you're. ;)

DPNW

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=345651
David,

I think your car could probably benefit if you see any trace of oil on the TV, maybe consider installing a Mann or other type oil separator on each VC like guys use on the diesels.

I've been thinking about that, thank you! I'll add that to the list of slightly lower priority but still needed work.

It indeed would and the misfire with contaminated vapors getting burned from shit oil with gas remediation and than sent in the CAT causing mini fires is very real concern in all cars.

Cetane and Octane values ( Diesel or GAS ) plummet in the combustion chamber & result in detonation when oil vapor is sent down the intake to make a dirty mess of and for everything in spirit of engine health or worse increased GHG's from added SMOG!

Given how dirty the intake manifold and valves have gotten in the minimal run time since I last cleaned them, I definitely have a shit ton of oil getting in there. Hoping the new, OEM (this time), PCV/oil separator will make a difference, but definitely supports the idea that the cats have been assaulted with gunk. I'd love to not need to buy new cats right now - is there a way to clean them? If I need to cut them out to clean them it seems like I might as well just replace them, but if there's something I can do with them installed I'd love to know about it... I'm almost to pulling the lambda probes and seeing what I can see in there, but in the meantime...

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Given how dirty the intake manifold and valves have gotten in the minimal run time since I last cleaned them, I definitely have a shit ton of oil getting in there. Hoping the new, OEM (this time), PCV/oil separator will make a difference, but definitely supports the idea that the cats have been assaulted with gunk. I'd love to not need to buy new cats right now - is there a way to clean them? If I need to cut them out to clean them it seems like I might as well just replace them, but if there's something I can do with them installed I'd love to know about it... I'm almost to pulling the lambda probes and seeing what I can see in there, but in the meantime...

Bore scope camera to inspect visual and CAT cleaners available commercially?
https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs...&hspart=avg&hsimp=yhs-securebrowser&type=7153
The new PCV will be inadequate and additional measures taken required if the old one didn't work right?

Core control is aware of your PM'd questions via telemetry by space satellite repeater & PM portal DHD is now OFF again with power crystal removed and iris manually shut.

Respectfully your car is covered by ERWIN and RB publishers in addition to the web and search engines of world oysters.

Parts or part numbers may be queried at the respective Audi dealer or Partslink24 or by ( Lex-Com )

"No further information is available at this time & deemed sufficient"

DPNW

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=345651
Last edited:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I simply asked what book this came from. Yes, I know there are many sources of this info online, but I'm curious where this one came from. I haven't had any issues finding parts diagrams and working it out, but I haven't identified this source so I asked.

It is custom made from a dog pile on lawn, on the web & to protect copyright as to not infringe.

Respectfully you keep asking a question & that has already been answered, not being evasive, nor is there a conspiracy........ :rolleyes:

th

DPNW

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=345651
It is custom made from a dog pile on lawn, on the web & to protect copyright as to not infringe.

Respectfully you keep asking a question & that has already been answered, not being evasive, nor is there a conspiracy........ :rolleyes:

th

Ok. Sorry. I haven't actually had a hard time finding part numbers (audidirectusa.com has excellent part listings including diagrams for all parts (not all do) and excellent prices, too!), but if you had a book that had both those details and diagnostic information side by side it would be pretty sweet.

Last edited:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Ok. Sorry.

Nein biggie.............

https://www.wikihow.com/Avoid-Copyright-Infringement

Part numbers for your engine and all AECD SMOG related devices are required public domain, further to be required disseminated materials, as defined in a certificate of conformity to the US Government & to import the RS4 for Audi whores, don't you?

DPNW

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=345651
Bore scope camera to inspect visual and CAT cleaners available commercially?

The new PCV will be inadequate and additional measures taken required if the old one didn't work right?

I believe NostraJackAss has many tricks, tips and directions - sometimes counter to general commercial currents. :thanks: Also, I believe that just because there's a product made for it doesn't automatically make it a good idea to use, especially on a VAG vehicle. I see two types of products out there 1) fuel additives and 2) cleaners to be used after removing the CAT. How would The Wise One recommend proceeding if the CAT is indeed heavily coated with gunk? :rolleyes: Honestly, I'd like to be lazy on this if I can, but if CAT needs removed I will take it to a muffler shop and go from there.

Currently installed PCV is generic and was approximately 1/10 the cost of OEM. I assume, based on the issues other non-OEM products cause/have caused, that going to OEM alone will be an upgrade. :banghead: I replaced it because I suspected blockage in oil separation system internal to PCV unit, hence the buildup in the IM and intake valves, but now suspect I would have been better off leaving the nice expensive one in place and adding catch cans (which I will now do anyway in the near future). Going back to OEM anyway. Also, am wondering if the oil return line is plugged and will check that as well (the configuration is that, after cyclones separate out, oil drains down into block).

Last edited:

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I believe NostraJackAss has many tricks, tips and directions - sometimes counter to general commercial currents. :thanks: Also, I believe that just because there's a product made for it doesn't automatically make it a good idea to use, especially on a VAG vehicle. I see two types of products out there 1) fuel additives and 2) cleaners to be used after removing the CAT. How would The Wise One recommend proceeding if the CAT is indeed heavily coated with gunk? :rolleyes: Honestly, I'd like to be lazy on this if I can, but if CAT needs removed I will take it to a muffler shop and go from there.

Currently installed PCV is generic and was approximately 1/10 the cost of OEM. I assume, based on the issues other non-OEM products cause/have caused, that going to OEM alone will be an upgrade. :banghead: I replaced it because I suspected blockage in oil separation system internal to PCV unit, hence the buildup in the IM and intake valves, but now suspect I would have been better off leaving the nice expensive one in place and adding catch cans (which I will now do anyway in the near future). Going back to OEM anyway. Also, am wondering if the oil return line is plugged and will check that as well (the configuration is that, after cyclones separate out, oil drains down into block).

What's this stuff?

DPNW

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=345651
What's this stuff?

Looks like oven cleaning and "weeding" is in order, with plain refreshment along the way...Glad you got the propane tank in there, I would have missed that...:eek:

So your recommendation for use of those items is - remove cats, clean with easy off and rinse with distilled water, then burn the rest of the gunk off?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Looks like oven cleaning and "weeding" is in order, with plain refreshment along the way...Glad you got the propane tank in there, I would have missed that...:eek:

So your recommendation for use of those items is - remove cats, clean with easy off and rinse with distilled water, then burn the rest of the gunk off?

What recommendation?

Un-pimp the auto?

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
I'm confident with the blind leading the blind you will figure it out David......

Back