B7 RS4 rough idle nightmare - HELP PLEASE (reward offered!)

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Conductivity is not a big factor in secondary ignition wires (between a coil and a plug) because the voltage is so high and current is so low.

Yeah again, what do you find in a wire when it fails usually due to green corrosion.

ign_0316.jpg
impp-1112-10-o%2Bspark-plug-wire-maintenance%2Bcorrosion.jpg

Oxygen sensors are also a low-current affair, at least on the signal side of things. But I'm skeptical that Bosch would use SS for the heater circuit.

I will send you a brand new one and you can cut it and photo it & see for yourself indeed the heater circuits are stainless steel.......... :rolleyes:

So where does one buy this fine-stranded, Teflon insulated, stainless steel wire?

The last time I bought was from Wurth Zebra & I bought all of the USA stock for Porsche cables or Winser and maybe even Lawson products or Grainger, Travers or McMaster Carr, Remington industries.......bla bla

I dont apologize David I think it's all relevant..........

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
And no I did not tin the wires they are indeed stainless for all circuits........... :p

Larry Manton

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=112505
JACK thanks, decent pricing on it also, as if you buy from local auto parts would think it was
Clad in gold.

LARIMORE

Jack@European_Parts

Gone But Not Forgotten
Professional VCDS User
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=57337
Only US MIL spec for stainless wire would be lock wire FYI: & unless it was a strap secure braid or shield, "aviation" uses coated copper with alloys not stainless according to the old man when double checking this because honestly wasn't entirely sure myself the other day so deferred.

Back