Passart cc 2.0tsi oil pressure issue

DULA

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
hexc715-00a840-678f58-ee26c9-folahh-59b3
Hello everyone
I have a passart cc with oil pressure issue,have changed the engine oil,oil filter,oil pump but I still have same problem.i even try losing the oil filter while the car is running but you will only see oil comes out when the filter is almost off.when I accelerate the car the oil light switch prodces the ground needed for the light to go off.the engine does not make any noise,and have tried two brand new oil pump which I bought from Deutsche autoparts I went as far as replacing the whole engine but still have same problem.is it possible that something is wrong with the engine?and everything I remove the oil filter,I don't find oil stored in the filter.engine code cbfa.

Fredrick Awuor

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=309834
Hello everyone
I have a passart cc with oil pressure issue,have changed the engine oil,oil filter,oil pump but I still have same problem.i even try losing the oil filter while the car is running but you will only see oil comes out when the filter is almost off.when I accelerate the car the oil light switch prodces the ground needed for the light to go off.the engine does not make any noise,and have tried two brand new oil pump which I bought from Deutsche autoparts I went as far as replacing the whole engine but still have same problem.is it possible that something is wrong with the engine?and everything I remove the oil filter,I don't find oil stored in the filter.engine code cbfa.
Hello Oga,the problem here is you refusing to invest in a basic automotive analysis equipment like an oil pressure gauge,which would have helped you clear many doubts,and led you to the right direction!,,,,even replaced engine:rolleyes::facepalm:

Fredrick Awuor

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=309834
Hello everyone
according to repair literature,with engine temp at least 80 degrees centigrade,fan must run at least once, at 2000rpm oil pressure should be between 2.7....4.5 bar,at higher engine rpms oil psi must not exceed 7 bar<<<<<<<<<this should be done on oil pressure switch F1 port.....,switch for reduced oil pressure F378 [brown],is to be tested as follows>>>>oil pressure at idle 1.2-2.1 bar,at 2000rpm 1.6-2.1bar,,,,,at 3700rpm 3.0-4.0bar,,,,,,and if specification not attained,check strainer in oil suction pipe for contamination/soiling.......and check valve for oil pressure control N428 with vehicle diagnostic tester,,,,,,,,,your problem lies in those psi switches or oil clearances of conrod or main cranckshaft bearings

Reactions: Uwe

DULA

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
Thank you for you reply but can i have oil clearances of conrod or main cranckshaft bearings without any knocking sound?

DULA

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
What makes you think i don't have an oil pressure gauge?the forum is too help not to judge,if you don't have anything positive to say just keep quiet mind you business Mr Man.

Fredrick Awuor

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=309834
What makes you think i don't have an oil pressure gauge?the forum is too help not to judge,if you don't have anything positive to say just keep quiet mind you business Mr Man.

Not judging, so if you have one then post figures you're getting at the recommended temp and rpm to make it easier for members to help you,because there's really no magic answer for a problem and especially if you're withholding necessary info,main and con bearings wear gradually so to get that knocking sound,the clearances will be really big......take it easy and consult repair info,and right diagnostic equipment,correlate your figures and see where it leads,I was once in your predicament so I understand that

Reactions: Uwe

DULA

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
The pressure are 0psi that's why I changed the oil pump and at opreating temperature I still get 0psi but if I Reaves the car it gets 1psi so what do you think is the problem.

DULA

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
Sorry I meant 0 to 1 bar

MasterTommy

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=295586
And does it jump from 0 to 1 bar or gradually increase as the revs get higher?

DULA

Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
Yes it jumps from 0 to 1bar

rabbitpower

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=310688
I just went through this issue and I know it's frusterating. Start with the simple things.

Change the filter. Use an OEM Vw filter. You can get them for 10 bucks on Amazon. There is a check valve under the filter.
A) make sure it's there!
B) Change it. They are cheap.
C) Use the correct 5w40 oil

After that if your oil pressure is still low, try adding some oil additive such as Lucas. This is just for testing purposes. Make note of any increase in pressure. If the pressure rises a few psi it's either the pump or worn bearings as others have suggested. An engine will not always knock with bad bearings. It could be just one main bearing. Pressure is a tricky beast. It doesn't take a whole lot of extra room to cause it to drop considerably.

Pull your cam bridge and see if the screen has dislodged. If it has I've seen them get sucked I to the intake cam tract and wipe out cyl 1 camshaft journal. The engine ran perfectly, just had low oil pressure. Upon teardown the journal was absolutely destroyed. You will see the damage without removing the cam in some instances. Look for telltale signs on the end of the intake cam where it enters the cam bridge. The internal journal of the bridge will also have deep concentric grooving. If you find this you will need a new head.

Your balance shafts could also be suspect. If they are causing oiling problems you are on borrowed time. They should roll over very smoothly. When the start to go you can feel it. The catch and grab a little when you spin them. I just had one sieze up and trust me, you want to check them out before they self machine themselves and cold weld themselves while turning 3500 rpm on the highway. You'll be picking up pieces of your engine for 20 minutes.

I've torn alot of these engines apart. Alot that went through vws awesome 10,000 mile oil change inte

Back