Registering

ch1z64

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=316572
I recently bought a hex v2 with 3vin and it is registered under my name , now i have been offered a ( Genuine VCDS HEX CAN USB. Version 1-Unlimited VIN .) And wondered if i would need to pay anything to have this cable too registered in my name .

Bruce

Staff member
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
--------
To transfer ownership of a legitimate Ross-Tech HEX+CAN unit, yes, you would have to pay a $99 fee to register that unit in your name. The item has an product code of VUDOT.

From your description, the unit may be a knock-off unit. Buyer beware.

Knock-offs cannot and will never be registered with us. They are illegal. To work here, one must be a properly licensed registered user posting information from the registered units. Posts from any illegal copy will be deleted.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Knock-offs cannot and will never be registered with us.
Indeed, I would ask the seller for the serial number printed on the label of the cable, or the serial number shown on the About screen in VCDS, or preferably both. With those, we can verify whether it is legitimate, and I would be happy to do that if I receive a PM with the requisite info.

Moreover, the HEX+CAN cable is a discontinued product and isn't fully compatible with many of the latest cars. In the end, it may be better to upgrade the license in the HEX-V2.

-Uwe-

Back