Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Retrofit push start button in a Golf

  1. #1
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like

    Retrofit push start button in a Golf

    Hi guys,

    So would it be possible to retrofit the push start button from MK6 with keyless to a MK5 that has a Golf 6 BCM?

    Would be awesome if that was possible to do

  2. #2
    Verified VCDS User iichel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The Hague, NL
    Posts
    1,596
    Post Thanks / Like
    never say never. but it's a lot of work.

  3. Likes Uwe liked this post
  4. #3
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well Iím not afraid of putting in some hard work hehe..

    Just isnít sure if it was possible without having full ďkessyĒ with doorhandles and everything.

    Donít mind the doorhandles, since I like having my coming home/Leaving home light.. So I will unlock/unlock the car with the remote anyway..

    Would just be awesome if it was possible to remove the normal key ignition and then retrofit the push button instead

  5. #4
    Verified VCDS User iichel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The Hague, NL
    Posts
    1,596
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, the kessy comes in a slimmed down version, I believe it's called "keyless go" or something like it.
    It is the kessy without keyless entry.

    You'll need to:
    Remove ignition lock
    Install ELV and adapt it to the immobiliser (VCDS can't do this!)
    Wire the ELV into the current harness
    Install kessy module and adapt it to your VIN
    Install antennas in the interior
    Get the proper trims for the steering column
    Get new kessy enabled keys.

    Now it doesn't sound like much but please make sure you know what to do for the immobiliser adaptation.
    A new ELV cannot be learned into the system.
    When I did my kessy retrofit, I was advised by a very skilled person on this, and he told me to get a used ELV and the used cluster that came with it. They have to be from the exact same car.
    This way, the immo data could be transferred.
    Then with another tool, I was finally able to learn the keys to the system.

    All in all, I repeat, it's not something VCDS can do for you. It's a great tool, but not an immo tool.
    I would, finally, suggest to think about doing the handles as well. The remote will still work but the unlocking by door handle is sooooo very sweet to have.

  6. Likes jyoung8607, Christiank liked this post
  7. #5
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iichel View Post
    Yes, the kessy comes in a slimmed down version, I believe it's called "keyless go" or something like it.
    It is the kessy without keyless entry.

    You'll need to:
    Remove ignition lock
    Install ELV and adapt it to the immobiliser (VCDS can't do this!)
    Wire the ELV into the current harness
    Install kessy module and adapt it to your VIN
    Install antennas in the interior
    Get the proper trims for the steering column
    Get new kessy enabled keys.

    Now it doesn't sound like much but please make sure you know what to do for the immobiliser adaptation.
    A new ELV cannot be learned into the system.
    When I did my kessy retrofit, I was advised by a very skilled person on this, and he told me to get a used ELV and the used cluster that came with it. They have to be from the exact same car.
    This way, the immo data could be transferred.
    Then with another tool, I was finally able to learn the keys to the system.

    All in all, I repeat, it's not something VCDS can do for you. It's a great tool, but not an immo tool.
    I would, finally, suggest to think about doing the handles as well. The remote will still work but the unlocking by door handle is sooooo very sweet to have.
    Thanks for the info mate Not much info of this around the web..

    Door handles would be my last priority since there will be some cutting and fitting to make this work and work with Mk5 golf doorhandles.. However if it's possible to get the push start button to work when I've got the mk6 golf BCM retrofitted I would be very satisfied for starters

    I've got a mate who are great working with instrument clusters, ecu's and keys with different immo data..


    From where did you get your kessy enabled keys for this?


    Guess another problem would be to adapt the kessy module for my VIN since this isn't an option for the mk5 originally?

  8. #6
    Verified VCDS User iichel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The Hague, NL
    Posts
    1,596
    Post Thanks / Like
    My keys came from the VW dealer. I did it on a Polo 6R, this car also never had kessy.
    I had all the hard work done by an expert, here's here on the forum as well. If he feels like, I'm sure he'll respond :-)

    I got lucky, my car originally has 5N0 door handles without kessy, but also came in Tiguan 5N and that did have kessy.
    It looks like your Golf has 3B0837205F handles, but it doesn't seem to share them with any kessy cars.

  9. #7
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,562
    Post Thanks / Like
    ChristianK. Yes, adapting your keys will be the biggest issue. No dealer is able to do it as no MK5 has kessy.
    It can be done as iichel wrote, but not by any dealer. But that should not be an issue as you've already have retrofitted UDS cluster, so you must've had your immo cloned from red FIS cluster. Same procedure just different keys

  10. #8
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iichel View Post
    My keys came from the VW dealer. I did it on a Polo 6R, this car also never had kessy.
    I had all the hard work done by an expert, here's here on the forum as well. If he feels like, I'm sure he'll respond :-)

    I got lucky, my car originally has 5N0 door handles without kessy, but also came in Tiguan 5N and that did have kessy.
    It looks like your Golf has 3B0837205F handles, but it doesn't seem to share them with any kessy cars.
    Sadly no, my Mk5 golf doesn't share door handles with any kessy car hehe.. Would have been to easy then --- OR not!






    Quote Originally Posted by downtime View Post
    ChristianK. Yes, adapting your keys will be the biggest issue. No dealer is able to do it as no MK5 has kessy.
    It can be done as iichel wrote, but not by any dealer. But that should not be an issue as you've already have retrofitted UDS cluster, so you must've had your immo cloned from red FIS cluster. Same procedure just different keys
    Yeah, I've already running 3D instrument cluster in my Golf - And my mate got all the different tools to read immo data etc etc.


    So.. I still need to find a set from a scrap car where I can get the cluster, keys and kessy module? Really don't want to end up buying wrong parts for this

  11. #9
    Verified VCDS User iichel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    The Hague, NL
    Posts
    1,596
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't forget the ELV

  12. #10
    Verified VCDS User
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by iichel View Post
    Don't forget the ELV
    What's the ELV?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •