2018 Audi A3 Quattro - Disable amber and DRL strip with Xenons?

TBAx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287144
Leuchte4TFL LB4-Lichtfunktion D 2 ------------------------------------> there was no D 2 option, Only D4
Copy & Paste mistake on my side

Just changing the dimming value would lose you the parking light function. Can you test this one:

Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion D 2 > Standlicht vorn (Positionslicht: Begrenzungslicht)
Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion D 3 > Standlicht vorn (Positionslicht: Begrenzungslicht)
Leuchte4TFL LB4-Lichtfunktion D 4 > Standlicht vorn (Positionslicht: Begrenzungslicht)
Leuchte5 TFL RB32-Lichtfunktion D 5 > Standlicht vorn (Positionslicht: Begrenzungslicht)

Mattias Ekström

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=345241

Just changing the dimming value would lose you the parking light function. Can you test this one:

Leuchte2SL VLB10-Lichtfunktion D 2 > Standlicht vorn (Positionslicht: Begrenzungslicht)
Leuchte3SL VRB21-Lichtfunktion D 3 > Standlicht vorn (Positionslicht: Begrenzungslicht)
Leuchte4TFL LB4-Lichtfunktion D 4 > Standlicht vorn (Positionslicht: Begrenzungslicht)
Leuchte5 TFL RB32-Lichtfunktion D 5 > Standlicht vorn (Positionslicht: Begrenzungslicht)

yes, but after looking at it I might want to just dim them so the Xenon is more prominent. How do I just dim the right and left?

Also as soon as I started this the car started throwing those errors. Can you clear those or do I have to complete the whole programming and they will clear?

Mattias Ekström

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=345241
Also I don't even know what the parking light function is. To recap here is what I would like to achieve and be able to revert back when I get bored of it.

1) Disable or dim the LED DRL strip when the headlamps are on so you get a more consistent lighting look
2) Enable corner lighting (so when you turn the wheel it illuminates left or right) also want to install LED bulbs for this
3) Disable the Amber side markers

Really appreciate your help. I will try above tonight for testing\learning purposes.

Mattias Ekström

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=345241

Also is it just these 4 lines or all them from the previous post?

TBAx

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=287144
Only this changes. You did revert the changes before, didn‘t you?

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Mattias,

Posing another Adaptation function map in the current condition will allow us to determine what each channel is currently configured to. After confirming the majority are back to the original configuration in post #16 we can see if the suggestions TBAx posted are already stored.

Reactions: Uwe

Mattias Ekström

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=345241
I have no idea what you're saying. On my old A6 it was a matter of finding the adaptation and changing it from 0-100. Where can do this so for example I can change my DRL's to be 20% when the headlamps are on?

Dana

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
The A6 wasn't a MQB platform vehicle. This is an entirely different control module.

Please run another Adaptation function control module map on address 09 and post the results. If you have fault codes it couldn't hurt to include another Auto-Scan as well.

Reactions: Uwe

Mattias Ekström

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=345241
ok will do, thx!

Back