2003 VW Passat Climatronic and VCDS-Lite Measuring Blocks

Status
Not open for further replies.

lk7777

Freeloader
Reaction score
I have read some related to the Flap Motors measuring blocks and what I noticed was that the 'Flap Position' never changes, i.e

Temperature Regulator Flap Motor (V68):
Flap Position (air supply cooled): 222.0
Flap Position (air supply heated): 40.0

These values never change.
I expected to see those values changed when I was changing temperature settings on the Climatronic (cooler/warmer).

But at the same time Measured Value and Specified Value change in response to my temperature settings changes.

I am trying to troubleshoot my heating problems so I want to exclude any V68/flap problems.

What do 'Measured Value', 'Specified Value', 'Flap Position' stand for?
There is G92 - Temperature Regulator Flap Motor Position Sensor, what readings are related to this sensor? Measured Value? If so, what are the 'Flap Position' for?

Thanks in advance.

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
I have read some related to the Flap Motors measuring blocks and what I noticed was that the 'Flap Position' never changes, i.e

Temperature Regulator Flap Motor (V68):
Flap Position (air supply cooled): 222.0
Flap Position (air supply heated): 40.0

These values never change.
I expected to see those values changed when I was changing temperature settings on the Climatronic (cooler/warmer).

But at the same time Measured Value and Specified Value change in response to my temperature settings changes.
The flap position cooled/heated are learned values that don't change unless you're doing an adaptation. They're the measured value from the position-sensing potentiometer when it stopped moving at each extreme during adaptation.

The specified value is where Climatronic wants the flap to be, and the measured value is the actual current value. Climatronic sets the specified value based on where it wants the flap, either at or in-between the learned stops. If there's a big difference between specified and actual for any length of time, the flap or its control motor probably has issues.

Jason

Reactions: Uwe

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
Please post an Auto-Scan so we can see exactly what HVAC module this car has in it.

-Uwe-

PS: Moved to New User section because it explicitly doesn't belong in General VW/Audi Repair, which is "For questions about repairs where VCDS isn't involved at all" and you're not Verified yet.

lk7777

Freeloader
Reaction score
The flap position cooled/heated are learned values that don't change unless you're doing an adaptation. They're the measured value from the position-sensing potentiometer when it stopped moving at each extreme during adaptation.

The specified value is where Climatronic wants the flap to be, and the measured value is the actual current value. Climatronic sets the specified value based on where it wants the flap, either at or in-between the learned stops. If there's a big difference between specified and actual for any length of time, the flap or its control motor probably has issues.

Jason

Jason,

Thank you so much for your prompt response and detailed explanations. Now it is absolutely clear what the 'Flap position' means and I can state that I do not have any problems with the V68 and need to flush my plugged heater core. Thanks again, sir.

lk7777

Freeloader
Reaction score
Control Module Part Number: 3B1 907 044 J
Component and/or Version: CLIMATRONIC B5GP 0005
Software Coding: 17200
Work Shop Code: WSC 00028
VCID: 28237BA3DBEB

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back