VCDS Mobile - Expectation vs. Reality (8V e-tron)

henbo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=318655
I bought an HN because I thought I would get or could achieve something like Torque. More recently, something like VW Connect https://www.vwconnect.com/ would be a nice thing to have, given that Audi Connect is a steaming pile of failure and the information, if provided, is as limited as it is inaccessible.

I understand that the focus of VCDS is car shop diagnostics, and that it is complicated to require paid experts and prevent IP theft and in general is not a playground for statistics freaks that have too much fun with numbers, time series and dashboards.

But using VCDS Mobile for even simple data lookup at the end of a trip is not just cumbersome, it unfortunately is more impossible than it should be.

The facts:
https://forums.ross-tech.com/showthread.php?15151-2017-Audi-A3-1-4-TFSI-E-TRON-CUKB-(Germany

VCDS-Mobile: Codebase: Dec 14 2017 - 13:05:58, APP Id (1) CodeBlock V0.4411 API V4 FW version: 0.254 Dataset: 00000050 Advanced Network Test 135.7ms Connection quality: Fair Port 11011: OK

There are no updates via VCDS Mobile. VCIConfig does not find the HN via WiFi (VCDS does). Update via HNU downloads the same 365k or so ROD updates everytime after I do an AutoScan via VCDS Mobile, it seems. This update does not work if not connected to the car. Otherwise, I get error -8 download failed.

The VCDS Mobile Auto Scan always complains about missing RODs. It then finds an update. Then it might hang after a couple seconds at 44% ETA: ~1 hour Step[3/3] Extracting update 4/0 file:/rods/IV_EV_DashBoa/IV_EV_DashBoardVDDMQBAB_ ... (do not have more in my screenshot)
Then the connection is lost. If have to re-plug or connect HNU and then Test twice with VCDS.

Also when I try and access 01 Engine or 19 CAN gateway, it always complains about missing ASAM. It may "ReDir fail" or it might find an update (1 of 10 attempts), that it downloads and seems to extract, but then, trying to load ASAM Data, it either restarts or hangs at 0% with the CPU LED flashing green/red forever.

Funny thing, 8C Hybrid Battery, which VCDS Mobile does not see as installed, works like a charm everytime. However, when I try to log a charge or a drive, the log contains little more than timestamps and commas. Measured values are not included.

Nevertheless, VCDS via HNU works reliably as described.

But I am not ready to mount an x86 tablet into my car (although I sometimes wish I could draw AC power from the HV battery).

But:
Even if I were to Delete the Dataset cache (again) and/or switch to the Beta Channel and re-install all updates, or hard-reset the adapter, I would not be closer to what I want to have.

It seems impractical to query more then two units at the same time, as an individual ASAM load (5-10 sec) would have to happen for each.
It seems impractical to query more than 12 (?) values. Both VCDS and VDCS Mobile act funny otherwise. When a Channel Map is generated, it doesn't seem to be a problem though to query 1000s of values. Just not "real-time", which for my purposes, I do not require.

It is impossible to do any of that automatically, with VCDS or Mobile.

I'd like to have a HomeScreen icon on my smartphone, that connects to VCDS Mobile, queries a couple of values, maybe does some calculations, then queries some more values, shows some nice numbers and graphs and writes that to a file.

But I guess, I have to cough up the 40 bucks for VW Connect. But wait, it doesn't do Audi. Or EV. Rats.

Last edited:

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
VCDS-Mobile: Codebase: Dec 14 2017 - 13:05:58, APP Id (1) CodeBlock V0.4411 API V4 FW version: 0.254 Dataset: 00000050 Advanced Network Test 135.7ms Connection quality: Fair Port 11011: OK

The dataset on release is fairly old. With a car that new, you really should have your interface on beta, this will give you access to newer data that should have better coverage. To do this, go to VCIConfig -> Advanced -> Beta -> Change channel. Check for updates to get the new beta codeblock and dataset. This should give you DS60000055. Then, to actually get the new rods, you need to do a new autoscan and then plug back up to VCIConfig and check for updates again. This should get you much newer data.

VCIConfig does not find the HN via WiFi
VCIConfig doesn't talk via wifi, it is a wifi configuration utility via USB. It would be a bit of a mess trying to configure the wifi over wifi.

It seems impractical to query more then two units at the same time, as an individual ASAM load (5-10 sec)
I'm not sure what you are referring to here exactly. The initial asam data generation happens only once per module, and then it is cached and doesn't need to be done again. Of course when you delete the dataset cache, this is what you are deleting, and then it will need to be regenerated. That's really only necessary if you have a problem with stale data being cached from a previous rod version.

It seems impractical to query more than 12 (?) values. Both VCDS and VDCS Mobile act funny otherwise. When a Channel Map is generated, it doesn't seem to be a problem though to query 1000s of values. Just not "real-time", which for my purposes, I do not require.

These are two very different things. During a channel map it is querying each value only once and moving on.

I'd like to have a HomeScreen icon on my smartphone, that connects to VCDS Mobile, queries a couple of values, maybe does some calculations, then queries some more values, shows some nice numbers and graphs and writes that to a file.

Have you looked at the live data hud section of VCDS-Mobile? This allows you to save gauges, graphs, and measuring value displays to a preset file and then load that preset back up at any time.

henbo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=318655
Thank you for the swift reply.
I installed the beta on PC and HN, didn't take that long.

Nice work with the beta. It is a big step forward. The ROD/ASAM loading issues have been resolved.

VCIConfig doesn't talk via wifi, it is a wifi configuration utility via USB.
OK, I wasn't actually thinking about the WiFi config, more about the updates and stuff.

I'm not sure what you are referring to here exactly. The initial asam data generation happens only once per module
That may have been part of my experience with the release version. Whenever I switched to another unit and hit "Function", it was loading (or trying to load) the ASAM Dataset with percent and a spinner. I figured, you'd be loading the unit-specific data access code into a limited range of RAM and that it could not hold that much for all/multiple units.
Now, with the Beta, that only occurs once in a few attempts. Otherwise, switching units is not held up.

Have you looked at the live data hud section of VCDS-Mobile?
The HUD screens are a good idea. With release however, due to the lack of values, I couldn't use it.
With the Beta, it got a lot better, but it is far from perfect. Maybe the concept is too complicated for web. There obviously has been put a lot of work into making the designer and configuration work within the limits of HTML and the small touch screens.
With a smartphone, it is not a pleasure to use. Drag+Drop interferes with page scrolling and clipboard/selection features. And there seems something weird with the saving. Not all changes are saved and some gadgets remain, even if deleted.
In the end, a HUD is per unit. I'd pay good money for a stable, standalone, cross-unit HUD-App (Android app, not web app). Choosing values is a mess, as many show up with the same name and number. The number does not relate (for me) to VCDS on the PC. Let me configure the HUDs on the PC, send them to the device (obfuscated, if need be) for use by VCDS Mobile - perfection.

HUDs are not stable. The adapter may lock up on "Go Back" after a couple of attempts (e.g. C6 Battery Charger - charge current, charge state, remaining time).

Both VCDS and Mobile had trouble communicating with 51 Electric Drive. It didn't connect 2 of 3 times. With the release firmware, I could connect to that unit more reliabl. I've also had a connection issue with 01 - Engine, once, while other units worked fine (ignition On, of course).
The adapter also locks up more often than with release firmware and it takes longer to reconnect the WiFi in these situations. It's not just flashing red/green then, there seems to be some higher frequency indication - too fast to count.

But overall, with a little patience, I can get to many of values I want to see.
The log feature is working well, also. Unfortunately, not all files that show up as "Synced to cloud" actually are. But that is, I guess, also just a Beta problem.

Thx for the good work.

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
OK, I wasn't actually thinking about the WiFi config, more about the updates and stuff.
In VCDS-Mobile:
[Options]
[Check for Updates]

Of course the HEX-NET must be in Infrastructure mode, on a network that provides it with internet access.

-Uwe-

henbo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=318655
I kinda lost faith in this one (in release) as it always showed You are up to date, even when VCIConfig would try and download a lot.
Haven't got a chance with the beta yet - no updates since Saturday ;-)

Uwe

Benevolent Dictator
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC100001
I kinda lost faith in this one (in release) as it always showed You are up to date, even when VCIConfig would try and download a lot.
Haven't got a chance with the beta yet - no updates since Saturday ;-)
I did one earlier today -- a very old one (serial starts with HN0, so it's pre-production unit). I got the firmware and dataset up to date with VCIConfig. Then I used Mobile to do an Auto-Scan of a 2015 T'reg. It found no ROD data at all. But once the scan was finished, it offered to fetch it for me, so I let it. Then I re-scanned and every UDS module had a ROD file. So I'm reasonably optimistic that this is working correctly now.

-Uwe-

Last edited:

Andy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
HC424490
Somewhat unrelated to VCDS-Mobile specifically, I have a 2018 A3 e-tron and have found that 01-Engine does lots of interesting stuff even when the ICE isn't running. For example you can view/log/graph:

IDE00657,Hybrid battery voltage,379.00, V
IDE04913,Current speed of electric motor,0.0, /min
IDE05219,E-machine current actual value,0.00, A
IDE05220,E-machine voltage actual value,378.75, V
IDE05221,E-machine torque actual value,-0.3, Nm

I agree it would be handy to have a faster/simpler process to get, say, an EV RPM gauge on the screen.

henbo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=318655
01 - Engine is really very informative.
Here is (an interesting part of) a Log I did for torque and power consumption. Unfortunately, there seems to be no consumption aggregate like the one reported to Audi Connect.
Code:
#hndoc:?docid=000041AD&xt=hnh: ...
Sun,Aug,05,2018,19:15:49 ,VCDS Mobile: 0.4427,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
04E-906-023-AR,ADVMB,R4 1.4l TFS   H22 3440,
,,G70360,F-1,G6271,F-1,G15774,F-1,G16064,F-1,G000,F0,G000,F0,G000,F0,G000,F0,G000,F0,G000,F0,G000,F0,G000,F0,G000,F0,G000,F0,G000,F0,G000,F0,

Marker,TIME,Group 70360 - Field -1,TIME,Group 6271 - Field -1,TIME,Group 15774 - Field -1,TIME,Group 16064 - Field -1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,STAMP,Vehicle speed,STAMP,Normed load value,STAMP,E-machine torque actual value,STAMP,E-machine power consumption: actual value,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,Nm,,W,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,98.18,23 km/h,98.38,0.0%,98.61,162.7,97.98,3648,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,99.00,27 km/h,99.20,0.0%,99.43,238.2,98.80,28216,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,99.82,33 km/h,100.02,0.0%,100.25,245.5,99.62,43644,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,100.64,39 km/h,100.84,0.0%,101.07,217.0,100.44,50284,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,101.46,44 km/h,101.66,0.0%,101.89,155.5,101.26,45600,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,102.28,47 km/h,102.48,0.0%,102.71,132.5,102.08,36156,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,103.10,49 km/h,103.30,0.0%,103.53,-14.0,102.90,28816,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,103.92,48 km/h,104.12,0.0%,104.35,-5.0,103.72,-1440,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,104.74,48 km/h,104.94,0.0%,105.17,-15.0,104.54,-384,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,105.56,47 km/h,105.76,0.0%,105.99,-5.0,105.36,-1152,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,106.38,46 km/h,106.58,0.0%,106.81,-13.0,106.18,-288,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,107.20,45 km/h,107.40,0.0%,107.63,-5.0,107.00,-768,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,108.02,44 km/h,108.22,0.0%,108.45,-5.0,107.82,-192,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Again, Logs or HUDs for multiple units would be great. So would be a "Click to Log" feature -- manually capturing a predefined value set.

C6 - Battery charger is also nice, as it helps you identify "slow" charging points (power-limited by their owners) - good to know if you pay per minute. (unfortunately, a HUD with these values doesn't load for me - adapter hangs). Good thing is, this unit is available without the ignition on.
IDE08431,Remaining time for charge procedure,40, min
IDE08985,AC line current: actual val,15.0, A
IDE08986,AC line voltage: actual val,226, V
IDE09057,HV battery charge state,74.5, %

8C - Hybrid Battery doesn't really report the stored energy (calculation needed), only it's own SoC estimate that is, too, different from OBD II value 91 - Remaining battery pack life.
IDE01839,Battery charge condition,75, %

19-CAN Gateway seems to know, though
IDE09080-MAS08265,Energy storage unit-Energy content of HV battery: RWB-internal deduction,4200, Wh

17-Instruments is somewhat lacking as I can't find the display range related information (Day BC1 BC2) for distance, petrol/power consumption, driving time and average speed.

75-Telematics no longer uploads to Audi Connect but it doesn't tell me why. Lots of HTTP connection failures but no fault, reason or status codes given. VAG contractor server issue, probably. Sad story.

Finally, some more little glitches:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/KyuLnyjaea8pT2LC9 - values with the same IDE cannot be distinguished
https://photos.app.goo.gl/c3a9CUt1hh313tUE7 - occasionally the VIN cannot be read (works well right before and after this happens)

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Hmm that looks like the module actually reported a VIN of all question marks. Do you remember what you were doing immediately before this?

henbo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=318655
I don't remember exactly what I did when the All-? VIN came up. Probably I was in the middle of some experimenting with HUDs and had just re-connected the VCDS-Mobile-App, cycled the ignition, or re-attached the adapter to my OBD-extension cable.
After "Select", when it starts scanning the installed units VCDS-Mobile almost every time shows "Timed out". Maybe if it times out at the right (wrong) time, reading the VIN does not finish correctly.
Sometimes the VCDS-Mobile-App also displays "busy" after S/N and IP Address. Sometimes the S/N is not shown at all there. So there are times when the adapter appears to be in some weird state.
I remember this ??-VIN-Thing happened with Release as well, but only once, right after login.

henbo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=318655
Installed the (Beta) update via VCDS Mobile when it prompted me to ...
Codebase: Aug 2 2018 - 14:31:05
CodeBlock V0.4430
FW version: 0.254
Dataset: 60000055

A downward spiral from there...
(1) The C6 HUD I was using before no longer works. Adapter hangs, then restarts. The same happens when I select the same measuring values individually. Only IDE08431,Remaining time for charge procedure works, hang/restart with the others
I thought the ROD/ASAM is mismatched. Cleared DataSet cache. Cleared RODs. Ran Auto-Scan (file is in the cloud).
(2) ASAM Update fails every time. It downloads data (880K or so), verifies it all, then fails extracting 10/52 (IIRC). Says Internet is broken. It isn't.
(3) Mobile Check for Updates says I am up to date.
(5) 01 tells me ASAM data missing and then ReDir fail.
(4) Update with VCI 2.242 says I am up to date. (not connected to the car at this time).

That'll teach me not applying an update I don't desperately need.

Will take the laptop to the car and try harder.

Any way to get back to the previous CB?

Last edited:

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
(1) The C6 HUD I was using before no longer works. Adapter hangs, then restarts. The same happens when I select the same measuring values individually. Only IDE08431,Remaining time for charge procedure works, hang/restart with the others
I've had this happen to me on CAN gateway reads out of my Atlas, a few weeks ago, but I wasn't in a place where I could collect data for RTHQ at the time. I hadn't pinned it down to a specific block; some seemed to work and others made it die. I will give it a shot this weekend if I can, to see if I can narrow it down. Hopefully it's the same thing.

(2) ASAM Update fails every time. It downloads data (880K or so), verifies it all, then fails extracting 10/52 (IIRC). Says Internet is broken. It isn't.
That's a new one. If it's gotten to the extract phase, it should be past depending on Internet access. What's the exact error message you're seeing?

Any way to get back to the previous CB?
I'm not aware of a way to go backwards, in the field.

(3) Mobile Check for Updates says I am up to date.
(5) 01 tells me ASAM data missing and then ReDir fail.
(4) Update with VCI 2.242 says I am up to date. (not connected to the car at this time).
There is some ROD download state information within your interface, that we might need for troubleshooting, but accessing it is a bit of an ordeal. Let's see if we can spot or resolve your problem without going that far.

Can you post a current Auto-Scan from VCDS Mobile? This will show us exactly what data it's successfully gotten for your car, and what it's missing.

Reactions: Uwe

henbo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=318655
Patiently did another mobile Auto-Scan, did not use the mobile ASAM download, used VCIConfig instead - finally all RODs updated.

My scans are synced-up to VCDS Cloud, I hope.

Nevertheless, can't read measuring blocks of some units (01, 17, 19). Adapter hangs, then restarts. Every. Time.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/jbAvKk7mba1yNvk9A
HUDs then, of course, do not work, too.

Thank god for 33 OBD-II. 91-Remaining battery pack life is my only friend. Unfortunately, it is only available when the ignition is on.

Using VCDS 18.7.1 on Windows with no problems whatsoever. Searching for a 12 V x86 Windows phablet with classic USB ...

Last edited:

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
Patiently did a mobile Auto-Scan, did not use the mobile ASAM download, used VCIConfig instead - finally all RODs updated.
Nevertheless, can't read measuring blocks of some units (01, 17, 19). Adapter hangs, then restarts.
Can you provide that Auto-Scan, and also tell us which measuring block(s) out of 01, 17, 19 you're trying to read?

We believe you, but being able to reproduce the problem is pretty key in resolving it. :)

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
Can you go to [Options] page -> Debug level set to 001f -> [Submit] and then go and reproduce one of these crashes. Send us the debug log it makes. Not sure how much this will tell us, since logging generally won't save in the middle of a crash, but it would be good to see what the interface was doing before this happened.

henbo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=318655
I thought you had access to VCDS-Cloud.

This is the later one - pretty incomplete, I realize. Below is an earlier one. And I'll do another one in the next hour or so, with the debugging. No hurry, though. I'll be travelling (without my car :cry:) for a couple of days.
Code:
VCDS Mobile 0.4430.0.4

Scan: 01 02 03 05 08 09 13 15 16 17 19 23 2B 42 44 52 55 5F 75 A5
	 C6

01-Engine -- Status: OK 0000
02-Auto Trans -- Status: OK 0000
03-ABS Brakes -- Status: OK 0000
05-Acc/Start Auth. -- Status: OK 0000
08-Auto HVAC -- Status: OK 0000
09-Cent. Elect. -- Status: OK 0000
13-Auto Dist. Reg -- Status: OK 0000
15-Airbags -- Status: OK 0000
16-Steering wheel -- Status: OK 0000
17-Instruments -- Status: OK 0000
19-CAN Gateway -- Status: OK 0000
23-Brake Booster -- Status: OK 0000
2B-Steer. Col. Lock -- Status: OK 0000
42-Door Elect, Driver -- Status: OK 0000
44-Steering Assist -- Status: OK 0000
52-Door Elect, Pass. -- Status: OK 0000
55-Xenon Range -- Status: OK 0000
5F-Information Electr. -- Status: OK 0000
75-Telematics -- Status: OK 0000
A5-Frt Sens. Drv. Assist -- Status: OK 0000
C6-Batt. Chrg. -- Status: OK 0000

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Address 01: Engine  (CUKB J623)	Labels: 04-01.clb
	Part No SW: 04E 906 023 AR	HW: 04E 907 309 F
	Component: R4 1.4l TFS   H22 3440
	Revision: X3H22---
	Coding: 021D0012636401083000
	Shop #: WSC 00000 000 00000
	ASAM Dataset: EV_ECM14TFS01104E906023AR 008003
	ROD: EV_ECM14TFS01104E906023AR_008.rod
	VCID: 70A343C329B09B4B81729D-8025

No fault codes found.

Address 02: Auto Trans  (J743)	Labels: 0D-02.lbl
	Part No SW: 0DD 300 046	HW: 0DD 927 770 C
	Component: GSG DQ400E    H32 1604
	Revision: 00032034
	Coding: 0014
	ASAM Dataset: EV_TCMDQ400021 001001
	ROD: EV_TCMDQ400021.rod
	VCID: E58DA2976672CEE362E494-80B0

No fault codes found.

Address 03: ABS Brakes  (J104)	Labels: 5Q-03.clb
	Part No SW: 5Q0 614 517 BL	HW: 5Q0 614 517 AH
	Component: ESC           H62 0855
	Revision: 00000000
	Coding: 12F140A23829227189800E0941C52948021C44917082947218B15074822802
	ASAM Dataset: EV_Brake1UDSContiMK100OMG 003019
	ROD: EV_Brake1UDSContiMK100OMG_003_AU37.rod
	VCID: 7CBB67F375F8EF2B2DCA19-8029

No fault codes found.

Address 05: Acc/Start Auth.  (J518)	Labels: 5Q0-959-435.clb
	Part No SW: 5Q0 959 435 B	HW: 5Q0 959 435
	Component: VWKESSYMQB    021 0710
	Revision: 00021000
	Coding: 030C0C
	ASAM Dataset: EV_KessyHellaMQBAB 002019
	ROD: EV_KessyHellaMQBAB_002.rod
	VCID: 3B39A4EF307628136440C2-806E

No fault codes found.

Address 08: Auto HVAC  (E87)	Labels: 8V0-820-043.clb
	Part No SW: 8V0 820 043 R	HW: 8V0 820 043 R
	Component: AC Automat    H03 0110
	Revision: 20002000
	Coding: 0300000000001000080000000000100001000000
	ASAM Dataset: EV_AirCondiFrontRDWAU37X 001019
	ROD: EV_AirCondiFrontRDWAU37X.rod
	VCID: 41C5D607529A42C33E9C80-8014

Subsystem 1 - 
	Subsystem 2 - 
No fault codes found.

Address 09: Cent. Elect.  (J519)	Labels: 5Q-09.clb
	Part No SW: 5Q0 937 084 CF	HW: 5Q0 937 084 CF
	Component: BCM MQBAB M+  H34 0236
	Coding: 000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
	ASAM Dataset: EV_BCMMQB 017001
	ROD: EV_BCMMQB_017.rod
	VCID: 7EBF6DFB63E4FD3B03FE23-802B

Subsystem 1 - 	Part No SW: 8V1-955-119-A	Labels: 5Qx-955-119-V1.clb
	Component: 
G÷

Subsystem 2 - 
	Subsystem 3 - 
No fault codes found.

Address 13: Auto Dist. Reg  (J428)	Labels: 5Q0-907-572.clb
	Part No SW: 5Q0 907 572 G	HW: 5Q0 907 572 G
	Component: ACC BOSCH MQB H10 0571
	Coding: 5500E7C111FFC728949C8045000026
	ASAM Dataset: EV_ACCBOSCHVW416 001005
	ROD: EV_ACCBOSCHVW416_001_AU37.rod

No fault codes found.

Address 15: Airbags  (J234)	Labels: 5Q0-959-655.clb
	Part No SW: 5Q0 959 655 AM	HW: 5Q0 959 655 AM
	Component: AirbagVW21    003 0317
	Coding: 98CCC0000C2000009C540000004800000065
	ASAM Dataset: EV_AirbaVW20SMEVW37X 002154
	ROD: EV_AirbaVW20SMEVW37X_AU37.rod
	VCID: 8B59B42FA05658939460B2-80DE

Subsystem 1 - 	Part No SW: --------------
	Component: ---

Subsystem 2 - 	Component: ---

Subsystem 3 - 	Component: ---

Subsystem 4 - 	Component: ---

Subsystem 5 - 	Component: ---

Subsystem 6 - 	Component: ---

Subsystem 7 - 	Component: ---

Subsystem 8 - 	Component: ---

No fault codes found.

Address 16: Steering wheel  (J527)	Labels: 8V-16.lbl
	Part No SW: 8V0 953 521 MS	HW: 5Q0 953 549 D
	Component: Lenks. Modul  004 0140
	Revision: --------
	Coding: EC18
	ASAM Dataset: EV_SMLSKLOMQB 020002
	ROD: EV_SMLSKLOMQB_020_AU37.rod
	VCID: 9771D85FEC9EAC7320F8CE-80C2

No fault codes found.

Address 17: Instruments  (J285)	Labels: 5G0-920-XXX-17.clb
	Part No SW: 8V0 920 873 H	HW: 8V0 920 873 H
	Component: KOMBI         H05 8316
	Coding: 07040C186F800008008328101200000000000000
	ASAM Dataset: EV_DashBoardVDDMQBAB 009054
	ROD: EV_DashBoardVDDMQBAB_009_AU37.rod
	VCID: 43C9DC0F488650D32CB0AA-8016

No fault codes found.

--------------------------------------------

Earlier today, before I cleared cache and rods.
Code:
Fri,Aug,17,2018,15:14:26 
VCDS Mobile 0.4430.0.4

VIN: WAUZZZ8V6HA000000

C6

No fault codes found.

No fault codes found.

No fault codes found.

No fault codes found.

Subsystem 1 - 
	Subsystem 2 - 
No fault codes found.

Component: 
G÷

Subsystem 2 - 
	Subsystem 3 - 
No fault codes found.

No fault codes found.

No fault codes found.

No fault codes found.

No fault codes found.

Address 19: CAN Gateway  (J533)	Labels: 3Q-19.clb
	Part No SW: 3Q0 907 530 D	HW: 3Q0 907 530 D
	Component: GW MQB EV     615 6286
	Coding: 0201001726F200005B001218581000000001010100010000000300000000
	ASAM Dataset: EV_GatewNF 013020
	ROD: EV_GatewNF_AU37.rod
	VCID: 302383C3E930DB4BC1F25D-8065

Subsystem 1 - 	Part No SW: 81A-951-523-B
	Component: J453 MFL     

Subsystem 2 - 
No fault codes found.

Address 23: Brake Booster  (J539)	Labels: None
	Part No SW: 5QE 909 059 E	HW: 5QE 909 059 B
	Component: EBKV          H14 0200
	Coding: 03720100331900010002050500
	ASAM Dataset: EV_BrakeBoostBoschMQBOMG 004001
	ROD: EV_BrakeBoostBoschMQBOMG_004.rod
	VCID: 50E3E34389F0BB4BA1323D-8005

No fault codes found.

Address 2B: Steer. Col. Lock  (J764)	Labels: 5Q0-905-861.clb
	Part No SW: 5Q0 905 861 A	HW: 5Q0 905 861 A
	Component: ELV-MQBA      H01 0120
	Coding: 5D00000000000000
	ASAM Dataset: EV_ELVMarquMQB 004111
	ROD: EV_ELVMarquMQB_004.rod
	VCID: 342B8FD31D28E76BA51A71-8061

No fault codes found.

Address 42: Door Elect, Driver  (J386)	Labels: 5Q-42.clb
	Part No SW: 5Q0 959 593 E	HW: 5Q0 959 593 B
	Component: TSG FS        020 0041
	Coding: 00101F205C00040000001003
	ASAM Dataset: EV_DCUDriveSideEWMAXKLO 006003
	ROD: EV_DCUDriveSideEWMAXKLO.rod

No fault codes found.

Address 44: Steering Assist  (J500)	Labels: 5Q0-909-144.clb
	Part No SW: 5Q0 909 144 T	HW: 5Q0 909 144 R
	Component: EPS_MQB_ZFLS  128 1072
	Coding: D106
	ASAM Dataset: EV_SteerAssisMQB 013144
	ROD: EV_SteerAssisMQB_013.rod
	VCID: 45CDC21746B26EE302A4B4-8010

No fault codes found.

Address 52: Door Elect, Pass.  (J387)	Labels: 5Q-52.clb
	Part No SW: 5Q0 959 592 E	HW: 5Q0 959 592 B
	Component: TSG BFS       020 0041
	Coding: 001017205E00040000001003
	ASAM Dataset: EV_DCUPasseSideEWMAXKLO 006003
	ROD: EV_DCUPasseSideEWMAXKLO.rod
	VCID: 42C7D90B579C59DB278697-8017

No fault codes found.

Address 55: Xenon Range  (J745)	Labels: None
	Part No SW: 8V0 907 357 A	HW: 7P6 907 357 B
	Component: MxB-ECU       001 0230
	Coding: 0E5A00102B200200
	ASAM Dataset: EV_HeadlRegulAUDIMXBAU64X 005014
	ROD: EV_HeadlRegulAUDIMXBAU64X_005_AU37.rod
	VCID: 3E3FADFB23643D3B437EE3-806B

No fault codes found.

Address 5F: Information Electr.  (J794)	Labels: None
	Part No SW: 81A 035 842 A	HW: 81A 035 842 A
	Component: MU-S-D-ER     710 0771
	Coding: 01739300FF00000011111101000A02002F0027440170010002
	ASAM Dataset: EV_MUStd6C3DELP 001013
	ROD: EV_MUStd6C3DELP.rod
	VCID: 21057687B2DA62C35E5C20-8074

Subsystem 1 - 	Part No SW: 8V0-919-604-C
	Component: DU High      

Subsystem 2 - 
No fault codes found.

Address 75: Telematics  (J949)	Labels: 5Q-75.clb
	Part No SW: 5QE 035 284 C	HW: 5QE 035 284 C
	Component: OCULowMQBEU   012 0717
	Coding: 0173930110969A0100F800000000
	ASAM Dataset: EV_OCULowMQB 001006
	ROD: EV_OCULowMQB.rod
	VCID: 44CBDF134D8857EB15BAA1-8011

No fault codes found.

Address A5: Frt Sens. Drv. Assist  (R242)	Labels: 3Q-a5.clb
	Part No SW: 3Q0 980 654 G	HW: 3Q0 980 654
	Component: MQB_B_MFK     H06 0231
	Coding: 0403070300000401012200448048A90084000E200020
	ASAM Dataset: EV_MFKBoschMQBB 001001
	ROD: EV_MFKBoschMQBB_AU37.rod

No fault codes found.

Address C6: Batt. Chrg.  (J1050)	Labels: None
	Part No SW: 5QE 915 682 AF	HW: 5QE 915 682 AF
	Component: OBC KOSTAL    H31 4013
	Coding: 115068223000
	ASAM Dataset: EV_OBCSinglPhaseKLOMQB12P 001001
	ROD: EV_OBCSinglPhaseKLOMQB12P.rod
	VCID: 9165A647C27A72436EBC70-80C4

No fault codes found.

Last edited:

henbo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=318655
Due to privacy concerns, I sent debug files and screenshots via PM.
I am uploading the debug files to VCDS-Cloud as well.

Shaun

Ross-Tech Employee
Reaction score
It looks like the module is dropping the session, and then sometime later the interface crashes, perhaps from not handling this very gracefully. I will have to try to reproduce here and get back to you.

jyoung8607

FoRT
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=25607
I thought you had access to VCDS-Cloud.
I don't. I have some experience troubleshooting VCDS Mobile issues, and I do a little informal alpha testing sometimes, but at the end of the day I'm just a Ross-Tech customer.

Shaun does have access. He's a Ross-Tech employee and the main developer of VCDS Mobile itself, so you're in good hands.

Would still like to see the Mobile Auto-Scan and a list of 01, 17, 19 MVBs you have trouble with. I may still be able to help reproduce and troubleshoot from my side.

henbo

Verified VCDS User
Verified
Reaction score
VCDS Serial number
C?ID=318655
Latest mobile Scan is like the one above
Code:
VCDS Mobile 0.4430.0.4

C6

No fault codes found.

No fault codes found.

No fault codes found.

No fault codes found.

Subsystem 1 - 
	Subsystem 2 - 
No fault codes found.

Component: 
G÷

Subsystem 2 - 
	Subsystem 3 - 
No fault codes found.

No fault codes found.

No fault codes found.

No fault codes found.

No fault codes found.

Address 19: CAN Gateway  (J533)	Labels: 3Q-19.clb
	Part No SW: 3Q0 907 530 D	HW: 3Q0 907 530 D
	Component: GW MQB EV     615 6286
	Coding: 0201001726F200005B001218581000000001010100010000000300000000
	ASAM Dataset: EV_GatewNF 013020
	ROD: EV_GatewNF_AU37.rod
	VCID: 302383C3E930DB4BC1F25D-8065

Subsystem 1 - 	Part No SW: 81A-951-523-B
	Component: J453 MFL     

Subsystem 2 - 
No fault codes found.

Address 23: Brake Booster  (J539)	Labels: None
	Part No SW: 5QE 909 059 E	HW: 5QE 909 059 B
	Component: EBKV          H14 0200
	Coding: 03720100331900010002050500
	ASAM Dataset: EV_BrakeBoostBoschMQBOMG 004001
	ROD: EV_BrakeBoostBoschMQBOMG_004.rod
	VCID: 50E3E34389F0BB4BA1323D-8005

No fault codes found.

Address 2B: Steer. Col. Lock  (J764)	Labels: 5Q0-905-861.clb
	Part No SW: 5Q0 905 861 A	HW: 5Q0 905 861 A
	Component: ELV-MQBA      H01 0120
	Coding: 5D00000000000000
	ASAM Dataset: EV_ELVMarquMQB 004111
	ROD: EV_ELVMarquMQB_004.rod
	VCID: 342B8FD31D28E76BA51A71-8061

No fault codes found.

Address 42: Door Elect, Driver  (J386)	Labels: 5Q-42.clb
	Part No SW: 5Q0 959 593 E	HW: 5Q0 959 593 B
	Component: TSG FS        020 0041
	Coding: 00101F205C00040000001003
	ASAM Dataset: EV_DCUDriveSideEWMAXKLO 006003
	ROD: EV_DCUDriveSideEWMAXKLO.rod

No fault codes found.

Address 44: Steering Assist  (J500)	Labels: 5Q0-909-144.clb
	Part No SW: 5Q0 909 144 T	HW: 5Q0 909 144 R
	Component: EPS_MQB_ZFLS  128 1072
	Coding: D106
	ASAM Dataset: EV_SteerAssisMQB 013144
	ROD: EV_SteerAssisMQB_013.rod
	VCID: 45CDC21746B26EE302A4B4-8010

No fault codes found.

Address 52: Door Elect, Pass.  (J387)	Labels: 5Q-52.clb
	Part No SW: 5Q0 959 592 E	HW: 5Q0 959 592 B
	Component: TSG BFS       020 0041
	Coding: 001017205E00040000001003
	ASAM Dataset: EV_DCUPasseSideEWMAXKLO 006003
	ROD: EV_DCUPasseSideEWMAXKLO.rod
	VCID: 42C7D90B579C59DB278697-8017

No fault codes found.

Address 55: Xenon Range  (J745)	Labels: None
	Part No SW: 8V0 907 357 A	HW: 7P6 907 357 B
	Component: MxB-ECU       001 0230
	Coding: 0E5A00102B200200
	ASAM Dataset: EV_HeadlRegulAUDIMXBAU64X 005014
	ROD: EV_HeadlRegulAUDIMXBAU64X_005_AU37.rod
	VCID: 3E3FADFB23643D3B437EE3-806B

No fault codes found.

Address 5F: Information Electr.  (J794)	Labels: None
	Part No SW: 81A 035 842 A	HW: 81A 035 842 A
	Component: MU-S-D-ER     710 0771
	Coding: 01739300FF00000011111101000A02002F0027440170010002
	ASAM Dataset: EV_MUStd6C3DELP 001013
	ROD: EV_MUStd6C3DELP.rod
	VCID: 21057687B2DA62C35E5C20-8074

Subsystem 1 - 	Part No SW: 8V0-919-604-C
	Component: DU High      

Subsystem 2 - 
No fault codes found.

Address 75: Telematics  (J949)	Labels: 5Q-75.clb
	Part No SW: 5QE 035 284 C	HW: 5QE 035 284 C
	Component: OCULowMQBEU   012 0717
	Coding: 0173930110969A0100F800000000
	ASAM Dataset: EV_OCULowMQB 001006
	ROD: EV_OCULowMQB.rod
	VCID: 44CBDF134D8857EB15BAA1-8011

No fault codes found.

Address A5: Frt Sens. Drv. Assist  (R242)	Labels: 3Q-a5.clb
	Part No SW: 3Q0 980 654 G	HW: 3Q0 980 654
	Component: MQB_B_MFK     H06 0231
	Coding: 0403070300000401012200448048A90084000E200020
	ASAM Dataset: EV_MFKBoschMQBB 001001
	ROD: EV_MFKBoschMQBB_AU37.rod

No fault codes found.

Address C6: Batt. Chrg.  (J1050)	Labels: None
	Part No SW: 5QE 915 682 AF	HW: 5QE 915 682 AF
	Component: OBC KOSTAL    H31 4013
	Coding: 115068223000
	ASAM Dataset: EV_OBCSinglPhaseKLOMQB12P 001001
	ROD: EV_OBCSinglPhaseKLOMQB12P.rod
	VCID: 9165A647C27A72436EBC70-80C4

No fault codes found.

Most of the values are specific for the Hybrid. I did not find all of them using VCDS Mobile, because UI. If I found them, I tried to configure a HUD. That worked satisfactory with the previous CB, at least once for each HUD. Second attempt hang, too, more often than not. Nevertheless, access via value list worked before and now no longer does.

Code:
IDE00304
IDE00588
IDE04885
IDE06972

Code:
IDE03474-IDE00304
IDE03506

Code:
IDE09057
IDE09075-MAS08267
IDE09075-MAS08268