Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 2018 Audi A3 quattro - Can you enable ACC?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    There are some with ??? so maybe one of those is ACC?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is it possible to buy a used LRR radar (e.g., from a wrecked car (not front)) and replace the factory fitted MRR (front assist) and get the ACC going (if, of course, all the other modules meet the requirements) ?
    Is the used radar married to the VIN of the vehicle it's taken from or does this only trigger CP?

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    a module which has CP of course has the VIN of the donor car inside, that is how CP works. it is during the CP clearing procedure that the module will receive the VIN of the new car it's being matched to.

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by darkchina811 View Post
    a module which has CP of course has the VIN of the donor car inside, that is how CP works. it is during the CP clearing procedure that the module will receive the VIN of the new car it's being matched to.
    darkchina: hi. I do like learning more about CP operation - thank you for the post!

Your explanation is interesting because it (slightly) challenges my understanding of the FAZIT process for clearing the DTC. Whilst I don't dispute your description regarding writing the VIN onto the retro-fitted module, I had understood that there was also a process whereby the "identity" (defined somehow?) of the new module is written back onto the database that the CP master uses for the challenge-response activity (@ ignition switch-on).

So- in a sense, I had understood that the new unit's identity also is "registered" in the car's DNA and this is why if the old module is re-installed after the FAZIT process, a CP error will occur (despite the fact that it contains the car's VIN) - I think.

Am i mistaken in my understanding (entirely likely)?

Don
    VW Golf MkVII (MY13) - A3 8V hatch (MY17)

Verified VCDS User
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don, afaik you’re absolutely correct.

And for the poster asking about replacing MRR with LRR radar. Naturally VW has thought of this as well since they don’t share the same feature codes. So LRR won’t work even you will get the CP removed.

6. Likes DV52 liked this post